XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installing widgetlocker themes

Tip us?

thesludge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Installing widgetlocker themes

Hi, can anyone tell me how i am supposed to use a theme for widgetlocker at all please?

I downloaded 3 files (zip) and chose the option of install and add, but there is only my phone lock showing, no icons to choose from and no wallpaper that was supposed to come with it.

I have no idea where the file has saved to or anything, and well being new to all of this android stuff i m a bit confused....

thanks for any help you can give me.

kimikoloko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesludge View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me how i am supposed to use a theme for widgetlocker at all please?

I downloaded 3 files (zip) and chose the option of install and add, but there is only my phone lock showing, no icons to choose from and no wallpaper that was supposed to come with it.

I have no idea where the file has saved to or anything, and well being new to all of this android stuff i m a bit confused....

thanks for any help you can give me.

Hello!! Extract the files on the zip y put the folder in sdcard/data/widgetlocker..

Regards

thesludge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
dumb question, but how do you extract them on the phone, or am i best to do that via pc?

Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesludge View Post
dumb question, but how do you extract them on the phone, or am i best to do that via pc?
No, you don't need to unzip those files. You just have to place those zip files in sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/themes
Tmobile HTC HD2
ROM 2.13.531.1
Radio 2.10.50.26

ACER 500 64GB Tablet
Changelog for CM10
The Following User Says Thank You to 10507 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Concordium
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507 View Post
No, you don't need to unzip those files. You just have to place those zip files in sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/themes
I'm having issues with my widgetlocker adding new themes. I've added themes before and they've worked fine but now it wont add any more. I've added the zip file, which has like 20 themes in it, into the location mentioned above. Then I go into widgetlocker and have the slider selection screen update the theme population. But it doesn't show any additional themes. What am I doing wrong?

GANJDROID
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordium View Post
I'm having issues with my widgetlocker adding new themes. I've added themes before and they've worked fine but now it wont add any more. I've added the zip file, which has like 20 themes in it, into the location mentioned above. Then I go into widgetlocker and have the slider selection screen update the theme population. But it doesn't show any additional themes. What am I doing wrong?
If you have several themes in a zip, then you'll have to extract them.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Current Devices:
Galaxy S II
Sony Tablet S
HTC Sensation
Xperia S

Concordium
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANJDROID View Post
If you have several themes in a zip, then you'll have to extract them.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Do I have to extract them and zip each one of them individually? Because I tried it extracted, with the actual folders for each theme in the correct directory, and still nothing happened.

GANJDROID
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordium View Post
Do I have to extract them and zip each one of them individually? Because I tried it extracted, with the actual folders for each theme in the correct directory, and still nothing happened.
Yeah, if the themes aren't in zip format, make a new zip (with Astro or something) and copy and paste the thenes inside. Widget Locker only loads up zip themes, but not themes within a zip.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Current Devices:
Galaxy S II
Sony Tablet S
HTC Sensation
Xperia S

Concordium
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANJDROID View Post
Yeah, if the themes aren't in zip format, make a new zip (with Astro or something) and copy and paste the thenes inside. Widget Locker only loads up zip themes, but not themes within a zip.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Ok so I took all of the themes out of the larger archive and zipped them each individually, making sure that each zip had just the folder and the theme files within. Still nothing. I have no clue why these files arent being read.

neopheX
Old
(Last edited by neopheX; 5th November 2011 at 09:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
**deleted**