Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Installing widgetlocker themes

OP thesludge

2nd July 2011, 04:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wednesbury, West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 1
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Hi, can anyone tell me how i am supposed to use a theme for widgetlocker at all please?

I downloaded 3 files (zip) and chose the option of install and add, but there is only my phone lock showing, no icons to choose from and no wallpaper that was supposed to come with it.

I have no idea where the file has saved to or anything, and well being new to all of this android stuff i m a bit confused....

thanks for any help you can give me.
2nd July 2011, 04:37 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesludge

Hi, can anyone tell me how i am supposed to use a theme for widgetlocker at all please?

I downloaded 3 files (zip) and chose the option of install and add, but there is only my phone lock showing, no icons to choose from and no wallpaper that was supposed to come with it.

I have no idea where the file has saved to or anything, and well being new to all of this android stuff i m a bit confused....

thanks for any help you can give me.


Hello!! Extract the files on the zip y put the folder in sdcard/data/widgetlocker..

Regards
2nd July 2011, 05:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wednesbury, West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 1
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
dumb question, but how do you extract them on the phone, or am i best to do that via pc?
2nd July 2011, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Desert Rat
Thanks Meter: 190
 
1,645 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesludge

dumb question, but how do you extract them on the phone, or am i best to do that via pc?

No, you don't need to unzip those files. You just have to place those zip files in sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/themes
The Following User Says Thank You to 10507 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2011, 10:18 PM   |  #5  
Concordium's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 116
 
416 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507

No, you don't need to unzip those files. You just have to place those zip files in sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/themes

I'm having issues with my widgetlocker adding new themes. I've added themes before and they've worked fine but now it wont add any more. I've added the zip file, which has like 20 themes in it, into the location mentioned above. Then I go into widgetlocker and have the slider selection screen update the theme population. But it doesn't show any additional themes. What am I doing wrong?
14th October 2011, 11:46 PM   |  #6  
GANJDROID's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 404
 
3,330 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordium

I'm having issues with my widgetlocker adding new themes. I've added themes before and they've worked fine but now it wont add any more. I've added the zip file, which has like 20 themes in it, into the location mentioned above. Then I go into widgetlocker and have the slider selection screen update the theme population. But it doesn't show any additional themes. What am I doing wrong?

If you have several themes in a zip, then you'll have to extract them.

Sent from my GT-I9100
14th October 2011, 11:49 PM   |  #7  
Concordium's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 116
 
416 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANJDROID

If you have several themes in a zip, then you'll have to extract them.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Do I have to extract them and zip each one of them individually? Because I tried it extracted, with the actual folders for each theme in the correct directory, and still nothing happened.
15th October 2011, 01:29 AM   |  #8  
GANJDROID's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 404
 
3,330 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordium

Do I have to extract them and zip each one of them individually? Because I tried it extracted, with the actual folders for each theme in the correct directory, and still nothing happened.

Yeah, if the themes aren't in zip format, make a new zip (with Astro or something) and copy and paste the thenes inside. Widget Locker only loads up zip themes, but not themes within a zip.

Sent from my GT-I9100
15th October 2011, 10:40 AM   |  #9  
Concordium's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 116
 
416 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANJDROID

Yeah, if the themes aren't in zip format, make a new zip (with Astro or something) and copy and paste the thenes inside. Widget Locker only loads up zip themes, but not themes within a zip.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Ok so I took all of the themes out of the larger archive and zipped them each individually, making sure that each zip had just the folder and the theme files within. Still nothing. I have no clue why these files arent being read.
5th November 2011, 10:00 AM   |  #10  
neopheX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 14
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
**deleted**
Last edited by neopheX; 5th November 2011 at 10:03 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes