Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Toshiba Thrive

Tip us?

krips2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Default Toshiba Thrive

I bought Toshiba Thrive yesterday from Bestbuy (yes, they have it in store, but currently it's not on display). So far it's looks and feel good, well other than the thickness and 1.6lb, but it does have lots option not available in other tabs yet (full hdmi, USB, micro usb and replaceable battery).

Currently I don't see any dedicated thread for this tab. I hope Devs show some love for this awesome tab from Toshiba.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIV 32GB Black Mist i337 (Running stock)
Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
Tablet: Samsung Tab 10.1 (Stock and rooted) and Nexus 7 running pure stock

o>c
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Congrats for your purchase. I am also the one who is longing for a dedicated Xda forum for the Thrive/AT100. We need a community! Could you tell us more about the tablet you got please?

drum747
Old
Thanks Meter 56
How is the screen?

DiggerG
Old
Thanks Meter 14
OY! I ordered mine on 6/13 (First day to order) and I don't expect it for another two weeks!?!?!?

slimcognito
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I purchased mine at Fry's today...after checking availability on their website (which shows 32BG model available). My store has the 16GB and 32GB versions in stock. No Toshiba tablet on display, fyi.

drum747
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Ive got one on order but may try Frys today. This tablet needs some XDA love for sure!!

slimcognito
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm experiencing a problem with the tablet's sleep mode. Sometimes, after a sleep mode of 15 minutes or more, I am not able to wake up the screen with a power-button quick press. I literally have to depress the power button until the tablet completely powers/shuts off and then depress the power button again to start up the tablet.

xrayt369
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Same thing here. I don't really care for the launcher either. I tried ADW and it looked good but just not right. Yep, this thing needs to be Dev'd.

slimcognito
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I contacted Toshiba Support and was told that they would try to fix the "sleep mode" issue with a future firmware update. Also, I set the tablet's alarm clock (for the next morning), and it didn't go off due to the sleep mode problem.

I like the Toshiba Thrive tablet, but this particular flaw is prompting me to return it to the store.

ryanp0617
Old
(Last edited by ryanp0617; 15th July 2011 at 07:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default How I fixed My Toshiba Thrive sleep Issue

I had the same issue when the tablet went into sleep mode it wouldn't wake up it would just blink. In order to turn it back on I had to hold down the power button until it went off then restart it. I fixed it by taking out the battery plugging in the tablet turning it on with no battery, then i put the battery back in and unplugged the device while it was still on it immediately noticed the battery and the sleep problem stopped happening hope this helps.

Edit: I got my thrive early at best at the time this worked for a couple days but then the issue returned again i thought the update would help but I still had the same issue, but now more often.

The Following User Says Thank You to ryanp0617 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]