No registration required
Thread Deleted

Toshiba Thrive

OP krips2003

8th July 2011, 05:28 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 2

154 posts
More
How about the USB and SD card slots. Are they all working as promised? Any wierdness from them? What about Flash playback?? Oh did anyone buy the docking station with it? Will it charge from that too?
8th July 2011, 06:26 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
sd works fine, I haven't tried usb yet.

edit: tried usb thumb drive formatted in fat. Opened filemanagerHD, selected usb drive, opened work .doc file in documents to go. Seemed to work perfectly.
Last edited by nuke3ae; 8th July 2011 at 06:34 PM.
8th July 2011, 06:53 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 5

200 posts
Can anyone who has Toshiba Thrive test out if it plays videos on wifi from a network share like a network hard drive or from a shared folder on a networked computer without first coping the whole movie to the tablet?

I tried Acer Iconia, Morotolla Xoom and not matter what file manager or video player I used, they all first start coping a movie to the tablet and only after that they start playing. I also have Acronis 101 and that one doesn't copy videos and opens them right away and starts playing.

Also can you read external hard drives in NTFS format when connecting it to the USB port on the tablet?
9th July 2011, 01:16 AM   |  #24  

1 posts
Netflix?
does anyone know yet if Netfix instant will work with this? My search capabilities have a fail today.
9th July 2011, 05:05 AM   |  #25  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdiva

does anyone know yet if Netfix instant will work with this? My search capabilities have a fail today.

Netflix is a no-go on all 3.x devices. You can manage your queue, but no streaming.
9th July 2011, 09:05 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1

82 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithos1

Netflix is a no-go on all 3.x devices. You can manage your queue, but no streaming.

That's what I'm waiting on. Netflix and a keyboard dock.
I just got my Thrive today, haven't had a chance to really get down to it but I really like it so far
10th July 2011, 12:29 AM   |  #27  
Pequea

17 posts
More
my tablet is doing the same. I will try your tip. Thanks much
10th July 2011, 03:56 AM   |  #28  

2 posts
I bought a Thrive 16GB from Best Buy this past Thursday. I had an issue with the SD card today. I used it once and it worked fine, the second time I tried to use it it would not recognize the card. I called Toshiba support and they had me pull the battery out and it still did not fix the problem so they told me to do a factory reset. It finally worked again. The issue was that I did not unmount the SD card like it should be, I just popped it out. Not sure if there is anyway around this or not, but from my experience if you want to use your SD card make sure you unmount it properly each time or you will have to do a factory reset and setup the tablet again. Has anyone else had this issue?
Last edited by cwguy; 10th July 2011 at 04:05 AM.
10th July 2011, 11:53 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 6

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemol

Can anyone who has Toshiba Thrive test out if it plays videos on wifi from a network share like a network hard drive or from a shared folder on a networked computer without first coping the whole movie to the tablet?

I tried Acer Iconia, Morotolla Xoom and not matter what file manager or video player I used, they all first start coping a movie to the tablet and only after that they start playing. I also have Acronis 101 and that one doesn't copy videos and opens them right away and starts playing.

Also can you read external hard drives in NTFS format when connecting it to the USB port on the tablet?

Will test these out tomorrow. I use the ArkMC app for the media streaming (My MyBook Live has Twonky Media on it) and it works on my G2.
10th July 2011, 09:04 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Just got my new Thrive a few min ago. 32 GB class 10 SD card working fine so far.

I also just noticed there is a new update (dated July 7) which I am installing now (hopefully this will fix some of the issues people are talking about?).

What video player is best for playing hi-def .mkv files? I tried Mobo player, but there is significant stuttering even though the file is only in 720p.

Ok, just did some searching and found that Tegra 2 does not support high-profile h264. Bummer! I may actually return this tablet and wait for Tegra 3.
Last edited by davin8r; 10th July 2011 at 09:22 PM.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread