Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WIP][DEV]Hotspot unlock

Tip us?

Leoisright
Old
(Last edited by Leoisright; 3rd July 2011 at 02:06 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6885

DONATE TO ME
Default [WIP][DEV]Hotspot unlock

Well hope this won't get moved to q & a because once this is odexed I will create a bat file to push to framework and will update this thread.

I need a framework file odexed that has the hotspot hack. Anyone care to help?

Here is the file. I have tried and can't get it figured out. I think once we get this odexed we can push to framework and should unlock the hotspot so we don't need WiFi tether apps bypassing the need for Su privs.

hotspot hacked framework

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Sent from my 3VO..
Device: Samsung Note 2 and Samsung Nexus 10
Device: Microsoft Surface
Device: Samsung Tab 3 7"
ROM: S5 4.4.2 w/note 3 mods
Kernel: Stock

Nexus 10 Developement

Have helped with many mods and roms over the past 4 years. Devices I've helped include Evo 4G, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 3D, Note 2, HP Touchpad, and Nexus 10

Many thanks to Myn, Virus, Chubbzlou, Ewalk, TMartin, TommyTomatoe, CM, Sac, Platty, XDA, and so many more for helping me over the years to refine my skills

a2k
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hey Leo, might want to ping AAMIKAM (MikG) they're very experienced working with Odexed ROMs.

Leoisright
Old
Thanks Meter 6885

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
Hey Leo, might want to ping AAMIKAM (MikG) they're very experienced working with Odexed ROMs.
Yeah, good idea. I tried outing it on the phone and wrapping it but didn't work. Once we get this odexed, we all get free WiFi.

Sent from my 3VO..

Nexus 10 Developement

Have helped with many mods and roms over the past 4 years. Devices I've helped include Evo 4G, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 3D, Note 2, HP Touchpad, and Nexus 10

Many thanks to Myn, Virus, Chubbzlou, Ewalk, TMartin, TommyTomatoe, CM, Sac, Platty, XDA, and so many more for helping me over the years to refine my skills
The Following User Says Thank You to Leoisright For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smw6180
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4761

DONATE TO ME
Maybe I'm missing something....how can you push anything to /system/framework bypassing the SU privs?

Code:
Select Code
drwxr-xr-x root     root              2011-05-23 10:46 framework
/system/framework is only writable by root. Unless you mean 'temp root, push file, now it works'....

But my understanding is that everything reverts to where it was after a reboot, so I'm not sure how this would work.... (Not being an ass, I honestly want to understand what it is that you think will allow this to work. )
Current Phone:
T-Mobile HTC One
Tablets:
Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime
Asus Eee Pad Transformer
Previous Smart Phones:
Sprint HTC ONE
HTC Evo 4G LTE
HTC Evo3D
HTC Evo 4G
PPC6700
Touch Diamond (WinMO 6.5)
HTC Hero

Leoisright
Old
Thanks Meter 6885

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smw6180 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something....how can you push anything to /system/framework bypassing the SU privs?

Code:
Select Code
drwxr-xr-x root     root              2011-05-23 10:46 framework
/system/framework is only writable by root. Unless you mean 'temp root, push file, now it works'....

But my understanding is that everything reverts to where it was after a reboot, so I'm not sure how this would work.... (Not being an ass, I honestly want to understand what it is that you think will allow this to work. )
Well easy process. It will be a one click temp root, push everything to correct spot, then it should work fine.

So what if you have to reboot, its a one click process to get it back. And not so sure about that once it reboots anyway. It will over write the files and may not need to redo after reboot.

Sent from my 3VO..

Nexus 10 Developement

smw6180
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4761

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoisright View Post
Well easy process. It will be a one click temp root, push everything to correct spot, then it should work fine.

So what if you have to reboot, its a one click process to get it back. And not so sure about that once it reboots anyway. It will over write the files and may not need to redo after reboot.

Sent from my 3VO..
Oh. Duh. I'm sorry, I wasn't even thinking about re-running it every time. My apologies. I thought you meant it was a 'reboot and go' sorta thing.
Current Phone:
T-Mobile HTC One
Tablets:
Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime
Asus Eee Pad Transformer
Previous Smart Phones:
Sprint HTC ONE
HTC Evo 4G LTE
HTC Evo3D
HTC Evo 4G
PPC6700
Touch Diamond (WinMO 6.5)
HTC Hero

Leoisright
Old
Thanks Meter 6885

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smw6180 View Post
Oh. Duh. I'm sorry, I wasn't even thinking about re-running it every time. My apologies. I thought you meant it was a 'reboot and go' sorta thing.
It's all good bro. I will make this an easy add on to haus temp root. It should be an easy hack once we get this odexed. I contacted mikg and waiting to hear back.

I don't think it would revert the framework because its gonna be identical just hacked so it may not even revert back. Usually only reverts back the stuff pushed to data/temp where as this will push directly to /system/framework. I did it last night and it did over write the original one but since it wasn't odexed i put it back.

Sent from my 3VO..

Nexus 10 Developement

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1584

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Sent from my 3VO..
it would have to be run everytime . all files revert back. been dealing with it. have titanium and su installed. every reboot any changes i make i gotta revert back.
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache

Leoisright
Old
Thanks Meter 6885

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
it would have to be run everytime . all files revert back. been dealing with it. have titanium and su installed. every reboot any changes i make i gotta revert back.
Even so, I still want to add this to the one click root method. We can keep adding to it until we get full root.

I've had a couple responses and sounds like it does need to he odexed from with in the phone. For those that have an EVO that we could use to wrap may be needed.

This sounds like a challenge but once we get it lots will benefit.

Sent from my 3VO..

Nexus 10 Developement

welrope
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Even so, I still want to add this to the one click root method. We can keep adding to it until we get full root.

I've had a couple responses and sounds like it does need to he odexed from with in the phone. For those that have an EVO that we could use to wrap may be needed.

This sounds like a challenge but once we get it lots will benefit.

Sent from my 3VO..
Still have my ogEvo. Just point me in the right direction.