Post Reply

[WIP][DEV]Hotspot unlock

OP Leoisright

3rd July 2011, 04:38 PM   |  #11  
Leoisright's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 6,902
 
4,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope

Still have my ogEvo. Just point me in the right direction.

Can you pm me Ur email? If you have gtalk we can go thru it tonight. I have someone that helps odex roms for mikg that works till 7 and is up for the challenge. At that point we fan create an irc channel or gtalk. Should be an easy process.

If you could flash the team Xron 3D port and we can have things ready.

Thanks for helping with this

Sent from my 3VO..
3rd July 2011, 05:28 PM   |  #12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Please pull this off because I would like to leave my phone factory except for this.
3rd July 2011, 05:35 PM   |  #13  
Leoisright's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 6,902
 
4,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarttzy

Please pull this off because I would like to leave my phone factory except for this.

Working on it bro. In theory it should work fine. May take a day but we should see if it works tonight.


Sent from my 3VO..
3rd July 2011, 06:07 PM   |  #14  
smoochiezz24's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
409 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoisright

I think once we get this odexed we can push to framework and should unlock the hotspot so we don't need WiFi tether apps bypassing the need for Su privs.

I don't quite understand your intentions but I will be watching this thread to learn more because I like seeing ingenuity at work. Is this mod to bypass the built hotspot feature? possibly to avoid tethering charges? Or for other reasons at this moment?
3rd July 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #15  
Leoisright's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 6,902
 
4,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochiezz24

I don't quite understand your intentions but I will be watching this thread to learn more because I like seeing ingenuity at work. Is this mod to bypass the built hotspot feature? possibly to avoid tethering charges? Or for other reasons at this moment?

Correct. I have the modded hotspot just need to odex the jar. This will let us use the stock hotspot free.

Sent from my 3VO..
Last edited by Leoisright; 3rd July 2011 at 06:48 PM.
3rd July 2011, 06:55 PM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Donate to Me
Not bashing the idea (cuz i really need the wifi hotspot), but i think we should all focus on writing the recovery as next step.. once recovery is in, we can install the eng HBOOT with S-OFF... the rest will be history then.
3rd July 2011, 07:10 PM   |  #17  
chubbzlou's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag NYC NY
Thanks Meter: 3,092
 
1,342 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YACO

Not bashing the idea (cuz i really need the wifi hotspot), but i think we should all focus on writing the recovery as next step.. once recovery is in, we can install the eng HBOOT with S-OFF... the rest will be history then.

Teamwin is working hard on getting the s-off. Its is still nice to have some hacks working till we get the full root to flash.
3rd July 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #18  
Leoisright's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 6,902
 
4,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbzlou

Teamwin is working hard on getting the s-off. Its is still nice to have some hacks working till we get the full root to flash.

Exactly. Could be today or next month. What's wrong with trying it out?


Sent from my 3VO..
3rd July 2011, 07:40 PM   |  #19  
MiSfit211's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,035
 
1,042 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Leo I have what you'd need at home. Man odexed and ready to go. Hit me up later

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App
3rd July 2011, 08:13 PM   |  #20  
Leoisright's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 6,902
 
4,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSfit211

Leo I have what you'd need at home. Man odexed and ready to go. Hit me up later

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Thanks brotha


Sent from my 3VO..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in EVO 3D CDMA Android Development by ThreadRank