[ROM][07-23] Miui 1.7.22 (Gingerbread 2.3.4) on Custom Kernels (bb54+)
This rom is based on MIUI Android Nexus 1 version - http://miuiandroid.com/
It is still in beta, so flash it at your own risk
I did this for the lock screen only. It's really cool
The update will not erase your data. But please backup just in case
1.7.8 onwards uses a new theme format which is faster to apply. Themes with old format will need to be converted which can take some time.
you can get the change log and subsequent updates from the official site.
All credits go to
1. Miui Android Team
2. Rdannar - for the tutorial of porting Miui to X10
3. Zdzihu & Jerpelea - for Free Xperia project which we copied many files
4. Zdzihu, DoomLord & Tkymgr - for the Kernels & Ramdisks
5. o0k00l & ethan201 - for the tips to fix the sms issue
data, wifi, gps, bt, sensors, app2sd, camera/video @ 800x480, themes, lock screen, sms
Bugs / Not Working:
1. Screen rotation lag (due to theme)
2. VPN services
Others not very sure. please test and report
Links (do not mirror):
Extras (not flashable)
1. (For bb46-52 users only) Flash bb67 using flash tool (bb54+ will work)
2. (For new users only) Do a factory reset in xRecovery
3. Flash rom using xRecovery
4. (For bb65 users only) Flash the SMS patch: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1177744
Change Log In This Release:
1. Use Free Kernel 3.62 - thanks to tkymgr
2. move some apps to extras as separate download so you can choose to install it or not.
3. included Miui Compass, Miliao (chat program) and New Market in extras
1. I use the language pack that comes with the rom. It may not contain your language. Pls find the language pack yourself and I'll try to include it in the rom
2. If you are not using the default kernel that comes with the rom (zKernel 220611), pls re-download the kernel again. I have updated the links in post #2
3. To apply other kernels, pls use only the one in post #2.
Some FAQ here so please don't repeat the questions
Q. Camera / Video not working?
A. Camera / Video works only with Camera Illusion & Videocam Illusion @ 800 x 480. That's the limitation of current GB rom. You can use dualboot to resolve the issue:
Q. Screen rotation very laggy?
A. It's due to the theme. It's mostly gone now with later releases
Q: Rom wlod frequently ?
A: It could be kernel related. Please try the stable zKernel or Stock Kernel to confirm the issue (post #2)
Q: How to enable dualboot?
A: Pls follow riginal's guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=666
Q: How to enable App2SD?
A: Your SD Card must be in single partition FAT32 and apps that support app2sd (eg Angry Birds) can be moved to SD Card
Q: Why my Miui Music Freeze?
A: Miui Music is still buggy. You can work around by setting equalizer to flat and then disable it (thanks kaosdroid). Or use another player and set it as default.
Q: Why my battery drain very fast?
A: You can try some battery calibration method or change kernel or change baseband (eg bb58 works wonder for DaveHTC200)
If you like it, pls hit the Thanks button. It'll indicate to me if I should carry on ...