Thatīs awesome!

I can confirm that the built found at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=452
is working nicely on LG Optimus Black with the following Tweaks:

check "Use preview surface"

FFC:
resolution: let skype decide
check "Flip image"

Video is only 320x240 and higher resolutions donīt seem to work though.

Only found two problems:
- audio selector: bluetooth does not seem to work, i donīt head anything on a paired BT Headset
- Ringtone is nearly unhearable and there is no option to select Volume oder custome ringtone, but thatīs a Skype problem i think because itīs the same with "official" 2.1 version. Curse you, Skype!

One question: if Skype releases a version 2.2 with changes (maybe rintone selection), will you update the new 2.2 version with your tweaks again then or will you continue developing this 2.1 version ?

Best regards and THANKS again for doing this!
Kusie
30th August 2011, 05:45 PM   |  #502  
Thanks Meter: 13

114 posts
Cool
very awesome!!! I have a dying P1010 (thanks Samsung for the lack of update!) and this version works properly with FFC vid call. I just have to rotate the camera to 270 degrees and it's all set. FCC videos are 320x240 only though but that's better than voice only. Thanks again mate!

EDIT: auto start doesn't seem to work for some reason.
Last edited by blue_algae; 30th August 2011 at 06:05 PM.
31st August 2011, 04:19 AM   |  #503  
Thanks Meter: 5

651 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidrx

I'm looking on a possible solution to make it work on non-NEON devices. I'm not sure yet if will work or not and still a lot of work to do but hopefully it will.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhanvadia

Wow this would be breakthrough. will new eager to test.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA Premium App

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhanvadia

And any luck on tegra? I thought you were building it from skypekit.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App

I too would like to hear about your experiments down this road.
31st August 2011, 04:34 AM   |  #504  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 261

253 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishe

I too would like to hear about your experiments down this road.

I'm sorry to say that I have not done much yet on this. The project update I'm currently working is taking more time than what I originally anticipated and I have to put the skype updates on hold to finish this one ASAP.
31st August 2011, 02:21 PM   |  #505  
Recognized Developer
Flag Rajkot, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 4,247

1,759 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidrx

I'm sorry to say that I have not done much yet on this. The project update I'm currently working is taking more time than what I originally anticipated and I have to put the skype updates on hold to finish this one ASAP.

No problem, whatever you did until now is great work and effort. And new skypekit released today. Just for information.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA Premium App
31st August 2011, 09:17 PM   |  #506  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 15

291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusie

Thatīs awesome!

I can confirm that the built found at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=452
is working nicely on LG Optimus Black with the following Tweaks:

check "Use preview surface"

FFC:
resolution: let skype decide
check "Flip image"

Video is only 320x240 and higher resolutions donīt seem to work though.

Only found two problems:
- audio selector: bluetooth does not seem to work, i donīt head anything on a paired BT Headset
- Ringtone is nearly unhearable and there is no option to select Volume oder custome ringtone, but thatīs a Skype problem i think because itīs the same with "official" 2.1 version. Curse you, Skype!

One question: if Skype releases a version 2.2 with changes (maybe rintone selection), will you update the new 2.2 version with your tweaks again then or will you continue developing this 2.1 version ?

Best regards and THANKS again for doing this!
Kusie

That work for me in my OB too.
Last edited by garzacorporations; 7th September 2011 at 04:31 PM.
12th September 2011, 08:45 PM   |  #507  
Thanks Meter: 551

1,898 posts
More
No luck on Skype for tegra? ?

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G
15th September 2011, 07:30 PM   |  #508  
Thanks Meter: 49

110 posts
Why does the tegra2 chipset have so many compatibility issues? I have a mz602 Xoom and waaay too many apps don't run on it. Funnily myother tab, an archos a70s has much less problems. Weird as hell. Does the Atrix do this as well, besides Skype I mean..

Sent from my MotoMB511 using xda premium
20th September 2011, 06:40 PM   |  #509  
Thanks Meter: 5

651 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andri2805

Why does the tegra2 chipset have so many compatibility issues? I have a mz602 Xoom and waaay too many apps don't run on it. Funnily myother tab, an archos a70s has much less problems. Weird as hell. Does the Atrix do this as well, besides Skype I mean..

This is the first limitation of the Tegra that I've personally encountered, actually. The rest of your app compatibility problems I think have more to do with Honeycomb support than Tegra. I recall apps like Netflix, etc, didn't support Honeycomb until very recently, and there are likely still more that need some compatibility changes. My tablet isn't running Honeycomb, and everything I throw at it has worked except Skype.

The Tegra is a solid chipset and works flawlessly and efficiently for just about everything else. It just so happens that they didn't include NEON instruction support, and as far as I can tell Skype is the only app that requires it! According to what I've read about Skypekit and other hardware accelerated Encode/Decoders, the Tegra is capable of some seriously powerful HD media when code is developed for their hardware. Some engineer at Nvidia probably thought they wouldn't need NEON support because they had something better. This is the problem with lack of architecture standards.
Last edited by Dishe; 20th September 2011 at 06:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dishe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2011, 06:50 PM   |  #510  
Thanks Meter: 49

110 posts
That's great to know. Thought that was the reason the droid 3/ bionic reverted to omap chips. funnily, the Chinese market droid 3, the xt882, uses the tegra2... And has 1gb ram!
We shall see how honeycomb 3.x works with omap4 (archos g9). I'm quite annoyed at skype for not supporting tegra2 since most dumbphones and win6.x had skype working fine!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread