[Theme/Mod/Apk] XWLA4 - JKay Deluxe v13.6.4 - How the SGS2 should be! 2012-02-20
Purpose: Speed up access to settings and applications. Beautiful battery icon. Stay true to original design. Small, simple, fast without battery drain. How I think Samsung should have made it
It only needs a supported rom (odexed or deodexed) and a kernel with CWM support.
Read the FAQ in 2nd post before posting bugs or questions!!
100+ JKay Deluxe themes for XWLA4 odexed and deodexed roms (stock is odexed)
Status: ICS version can be found at this thread
ICS version also has the following features:
* No need to reboot to change any settings anymore!
* Added original Rotary lockscreen
* Added original Tab lockscreen
* Added original ICS lockscreen
* Added JKay ICS Deluxe lockscreen (supports up 15 shortcut actions!)
* Customize autobrightness
* Long press Back key to kill foreground application (won't kill launcher nor certain system apps like the phone app! With customizable timeout!)
* Keep Music/Radio Widget on lockscreen (no collapse) toggle on Circle and JKay Tab Deluxe lockscreens
* 6 bars for GSM signal
* Added 'Do not disturb' quick settings button (the notification toggle from tablets)
* toggle for showing roaming icon
* toggle for showing asu level
* When hidding carrier label panel the date will be shown on the drag bar!
* Added a toggle to use custom date format
* Added a toggle to see Next Alarm Info on drag bar
* Added a 'Play USB connect sound' toggle
* Added toggle to center the statusbar clock
* Added toggle for transparent statusbar on desktop
* Added toggle for transparent statusbar on lockscreen
* Added toggle to see statusbar clock on lockscreen!
* Redesigned Samsungs WiFi icons as I did not like the ICS look from Samsung!
* Added a 'Show Wifi In/out arrows' toggle
* Added a 'Append AM/PM to clock' toggle (to change '11:00 AM' to just '11:00')
* Added a 'Add leading zero to hour' toggle (to change '09:00' to '9:00')
* Added a 'Add day to clock' toggle (to change '9:00' to 'Sun 9:00'
* Added a 'Show bluetooth icon' toggle (to be able to hide the icon)
* Changed the implementation of battery level text (now with %)
* Changed the connection icons to be semi transparent (see screenshot)
* Added a 'Fast screen off' toggle to turn the screen of faster!
* Added a 'Status bar enabled' toggle for all lockscreens
* Added a '...also when secure' toggle for enabling statusbar all lockscreens when secure (be careful with this one!)
* Added and 'Toggle flashlight' toggle for when long pressing Home button on any lockscreen!
* Added a 'Show data icon' toggle
* Added a 'Show wifi icon' toggle
* Deluxe lockscreens supports missed events (from all apps!)
* Deluxe lockscreens supports double tap to unlock
* Added a 'Show Carrier Label' toggle for JKay ICS Deluxe lockscreen
Features in v13.6.4 (bold is added since v13.5):
* Added support for CRT effects with animated screen lights!
* Added 'Fast double click' on/off toggle (uses 350 ms instead of the default 500 ms for home button double click timeout)
* Added 'Vibrate when unlock' on/off toggle for all lockscreens (even pin and pattern).
* Support for home button double click custom action or unlock (Also works when pincode is set and secure mode is turned off!)
* Changed Recent apps dialog to hold 9 apps instead of only 6
* Added support for LiveWallpapers on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for transparent background on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for Next Alarm info on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for Show Clock on/off on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for Show Date on/off on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for Show Charging info on/off on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for Show when secure on/off on Circle lockscreen
* fixed bug in systemui
* faster loading of Deluxe lockscreens
* updated Deluxe Settings to support the circle lockscreen
* Added FM Radio Widget support on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for 'Leading zero on clock' toggle on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for 'Show swipe help text' toggle on Circle lockscreen
* Added support for 'Long date format' on Circle lockscreen
* Fixed bugs reqarding new music and radio widgets on Glass Deluxe and AOSP Deluxe lockscreens
* Clock on AOSP Deluxe lockscreen is now centered vertically when no music widgets are shown!
* Added Wi-Fi hotspot quick settings button
* Added the 4 power buttons (reboot, recovery, download and power off) to quick settings panel too (by request!)
* Split up the status bar option 'Theme icons' to 'Theme connection icons', 'Theme clock', 'Theme text' and 'Theme battery level'
* Added 'Add date to clock' toggle for always showing the date on the status bar.
* Moved Battery level text a few pixels to the left
* Confirmation toggle for Backup/Restore and Reset
* Added 2 more Brightness profiles (now 3 of the profiles require a custom kernel for the darkest setting, one is a special Test profile that can be used for testing if the kernel supports low brightness values)
* Added 'Show silent icon' toggle to status bar options.
* Changed Theme Clock toggle to also theme connection icons.
* Split up glass and aosp shortcuts.
* Support for AOSP shortcut templates.
* Support for setting Auto brightness delay. Select between values: No delay, 0.5 seconds, 1 second and 2 seconds.
* Support for Auto brightness profiles
* Background data on/off toggle added to quick settings panel
* toggle on/off for showing the Quick Settings panel
* phone option dialog menu items can be reordered like quick panel buttons
* backup and restore all settings
* 'Clear all' button moved to notification header on expanded statusbar (if you unselect 'Show carrier label')
* Volume Lock (on/off toggle: a deluxe setting that will make sure notification volume is the same as ringer volume).
* Added Status bar 'Themed clock but only when Fully Connected' toggle on/off: Makes clock and battery level green or whatever the theme color is when fully connected to google servers.
* Added Status bar battery icon on/off toggle
* Added Status bar alarm icon on/off toggle
* Added Status bar silent vibration icon on/off toggle
* Added Home button haptic feedback on/off toggle
* Added Status bar 'Themed clock' toggle on/off: Makes clock and battery level green or whatever the theme color is (blue, gold...)
* Added Status bar 'Battery level' toggle on/off: show/hide battery percentage next to battery icon
* Added 'No lock screen' option as lock screen selection.
* Added Custom/Temporary Screen time-out quick panel toggle called 'Screen on'. Temporary will set your screen time-out to a value between 1 and 210 minutes and reset back to original timeout at screen off.
* Added Quick Launch Panel: Fully customizable quick launch panel (as a toggle, select and/or reorder launch buttons - including Reboot, Recovery, Download and Power off)
* Fully customizable quick settings panel (select and/or reorder quick setting buttons)
* Added: Auto collapse statusbar on/off
* Added: 6 button quick panel on/off
* Removed padding code from sound toggle
* Changed the default shortcuts on lock screen (now only Unlock and Sound toggle at center, so glass left, right and up will all be unlock and down will be silent)
* Added Flashlight toggle to quick panel (it keeps screen on! So remember to turn it off using button or power button)
* Added Auto brightness toggle to quick panel
* Added Secure toggle to quick panel (your unlock screen will switch to your selected lock screen while not secure)
* Fixed vibration toggle on quick panel and Phone options dialog (now switches correctly according to vibration state: always off, always on, only in silent mode, only if not in silent mode)
* Toggle for Bluetooth On notification
* Toggle for status bar vibrate icon (show only when in silent mode)
* Toggle for lock screen charging info
* Toggle for lock screen next alarm info
* Toggle for lock screen date
* 'Next Alarm' information on lock screens
* Use AOSP clock style on all deluxe lock screens (as a toggle)
* Long date format on all deluxe lock screens (like Monday, 26 September as a toggle)
* Charging information on all deluxe lock screens
* Center clock, date and charging info on all deluxe lock screens (as a toggle)
* 2 lock screens (JKay Glass Deluxe and JKay AOSP Deluxe)
* Support for Transparent wallpaper!
* Support for Live Wallpapers on Unlock screens (pattern/pin/password)!
* A toggle to remove leading zero of the clock on the lock screen
* A toggle to remove the quick button text (requires reboot)
* A toggle for CRT TV on effect (bypassing Animation setting!)
* A toggle for CRT TV off effect (bypassing Animation setting!)
* A toggle to hide the clock from statusbar (move it over next to date)
* A toggle to remove the carrier label from the notification bar
* 'Show lock screen when secure' toggle (shows AOSP/Glass lockscreen before unlock screen aka pattern/pin/password)
* Support for Skipping music track/fm radio station using vol-up/down-keys when screen is off (as a toggle)
* 15 seconds timeout... (as a toggle)
* Flashlight on/off toggle from both JKay Deluxe lock screens (5 mins timeout)
* Sound on/off toggle from both JKay Deluxe lock screens
* Screenshot from the Power options dialog
* Full charge notification on/off toggle
* Low battery notification on/off toggle
* Confirm shutdown on/off toggle (asks for confirmation when using Reboot, Recovery, Download and Power off)
* Support for custom launch actions from lock screens
* Support for custom icons on JKay AOSP Deluxe lock screen
* Support for disabling Home button double click
* Support for home screen wallpaper on lock screen (use live wallpapers on the lock screen like on the good old SGS!)
* Support for lock screen clock on/off
* Support for no Unlock animation
* Long click quick panel buttons will launch respective settings menu
* Horizontal scrollable quick panel with 8 new toggles Data / Flight mode / Sync and Vibrate etc...
* Support for Vibrate on/off when unlocking
* Support for Dark background on/off
* Supports customizable Power Options Dialog
* Supports SIP & VOIP
* Support for WiFi statusbar icon change when fully connected
See 2nd post for download links..
JKay Deluxe Theme Settings App:
Power options dialog:
JKay AOSP Lockscreen screenshots
JKay Deluxe Icon Pack 1:
Everyone can make their own jog icons if they like! I will link to them from here:
Icon packs from syps54
, Icon packs from werk13
Customizable Deluxe quick panel with 19 toggles (scrollable left and right)
Wifi, Data, Bluetooth, GPS, Silent mode, Vibrate, Auto brightness, Auto rotation, Flight mode, Sync, Secure mode, Flashlight, Screen on, Background data, Wi-Fi hotspot, Reboot, Recovery, Download and Power off
Secure mode: With this toggle you can temporary disable unlock screen so no code is required to unlock the phone. The lock screen will be shown instead of the unlock screen. This setting will reset to 'Secure mode on' at next boot!
Flashlight: Turns on the flashlight led next to the camera. This will also keep the screen on. And it will switch off if screen is turned off using the power button.
Quick launch panel:
Version 13 introduces the Quick launch panel. Put your favorite apps below your quick settings panel. Ready to launch from anywhere!
Here are 2 sample screenshots. Left: HTC Gold Ginger Deluxe Right: Stock theme (but with hidden button labels, hidden carrier label and added battery level)
Alarm png changed
Original -> My version
(Percentage to the left of ginger battery icon)
JKay GreenCircle Theme
, JKay GreenEdgeCounterClock
and JKay GreenEdgeStatic
, JKay GoldEdgeCounterClock
and JKay GoldEdgeStatic
The themes that starts with 'Stock' do not include battery percentage on the battery icon. If you like the stock samsung look then install the mod called JKay_Stock_Deluxe
... it's a no theme mod
JKay StockGreenGray Deluxe
, JKay StockBlueGray Deluxe
, JKay StockGoldGray Deluxe
, JKay StockGrayBattery Deluxe
Stock Quick Panel
Themes with SQP in their names have stock quick panel icon graphics.
Themes with the work 'ALL'
In the 'All' themes all icons and text has been themed to that color. (Current is only 'All Gold' themes available).
Themes with HTC in their names are themes that uses HTC colors and graphics (with semi transparent background added). There are HTC versions of all the themes except the Stock Deluxe (as it's not a theme
As an example: Here is the JKay HTC_Stock_Gold_Ginger
JKay mod bugfix log:
* Fixed: Landscape bug on Recent applications dialog
* Fixed: Landscape bug on Circle lockscreen
* Fixed: Multiple unlock bug on Circle lockscreen
* Fixed: The 'no wallpaper on lockscreen when no wallpaper set' bug
* Fixed: Home button double click custom action did not work with bluetooth devices
* Fixed: Bug in Circle lockscreen when NextAlarm was used!
* Fixed: Home button double click custom action did not work if no Voice talk/Voice command was available
* Fixed: Zero percent battery bug (phone rebooted when 0 percent was reached)
* Fixed: Quick launch panel bug where icons from apps installed on sd card were not shown correctly)
* Fixed: Quick settings panel bug where SystemUI would FC when phone was rebooted when 'Screen on' toggle was enabled
* Fixed: Quick settings panel bug where Auto-rotation text would change position after update
* Fixed: Quick settings panel bug where Data toggle button state could get out of sync
* v13.4 Fixed Themed signal strength did not go green at boot
* v13.4 Fixed Themed signal strength did not go green when roaming
* V13.3.9 fixed null pointer exception in SystemUI (a lot rewritten)
* V13.3.8 fixed glass lockscreen touch bug.
* V13.3.8 fixed NoLED blink bug* V13.1 fixed SystemUI.apk AndroidManifest.xml
* V12.1 fixed hide quick panel button text for stock quick panel
* V12.1 fixed HTC graphics bug on quick panel
* V10.1 fixed Carrier label bug
* V10.1 changed slow blur from false to true in all my themes
* V10.0 fixed volume bug in volume mod
* V9.2 fixes SMS reboot problem
* V9.1 fixes Sound on/off toggle bug
*V13.3.8 Refactored: moved toggles to sub-menues
*V10.1 Change apk name to JKay Deluxe Settings
*V10.1 Changed a few labels and added a few checks
* V10.0 Added permission checks
* V9.1 fixes bug if no phone app icon can be found