Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Syncing contacts over bluetooth to car issues / problems / won't work

Tip us?

Neo3D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226
Unhappy Syncing contacts over bluetooth to car issues / problems / won't work

Do your contacts sync over to your car?

I bought an Evo 3D and now my contacts won't sync over bluetooth to my car! This sucks, I need this essential feature to work or I'll have to return this phone. Dialing from my car is much easier and safer than dialing from the phone. My contacts synced just fine over bluetooth to my car with my old Evo.

The Evo 3D will connect to my car over bluetooth and can work in "phone audio" mode, but how come the contacts won't sync like before?

What's the difference between the Evo 3D's bluetooth and the Evo 4G's bluetooth?

rancherochido
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Keep an eye on your phone. Even though its already paired up with the radio it will still ask for permission (on the phone) to connect via BT and access the information.
The Following User Says Thank You to rancherochido For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Neo3D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherochido View Post
Keep an eye on your phone. Even though its already paired up with the radio it will still ask for permission (on the phone) to connect via BT and access the information.
Will do, I'll try it again but I think lots of people are having this problem. Especially with BMW.

guyandhisdog
Old
Thanks Meter 84
No problems with Ford / MS Sync

...adjusting to life without the trackball

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo3D View Post
Will do, I'll try it again but I think lots of people are having this problem. Especially with BMW.

If you have a 7 series you have to call the BMW dealership to get the correct code. The 0000 and all of the rest of the standard codes never worked for me. When I called the dealership I had to bring it in and was told it was something with the idrive settings. Hope this helps.

Locked & Loaded

Neo3D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by laie1472 View Post
If you have a 7 series you have to call the BMW dealership to get the correct code. The 0000 and all of the rest of the standard codes never worked for me. When I called the dealership I had to bring it in and was told it was something with the idrive settings. Hope this helps.

Locked & Loaded
Thanks, but I have a 5 series

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
Thanks, but I have a 5 series

Still worth a shot. Try it and see if the dealership can help. More than likely they'll tell you to bring it in. Hope you get it worked out.

Locked & Loaded

Neo3D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Still worth a shot. Try it and see if the dealership can help. More than likely they'll tell you to bring it in. Hope you get it worked out.

Locked & Loaded
So, you got your 3vo to sync contacts over bluetooth? What model year is your 7? My 5 is a 2006 so I hope that's not "too old" for it to work w/the newer phones. I'll drop by the dealer and see what they can do. May test drive the F10 while I"m there.

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
So, you got your 3vo to sync contacts over bluetooth? What model year is your 7? My 5 is a 2006 so I hope that's not "too old" for it to work w/the newer phones. I'll drop by the dealer and see what they can do. May test drive the F10 while I"m there.

No. I couldn't, the dealership did. Hope you get it working.

Locked & Loaded

Neo3D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
No. I couldn't, the dealership did. Hope you get it working.

Locked & Loaded
I went to the dealer and they couldn't get it to work. On the 2006 5 Series, the iDrive lets you select any pairing code you want, so it's not pre-programmed into the iDrive.

I also tried another user's suggestion of properly using both First Name and Last Name fields in my contacts, I have some single word contacts, like "Home" and "Mom" and that didn't work either

Really sucks, I'm really loving Sense 3.0. I just figured out how to change my lockscreen to display photos from a folder, it's such eye candy!