Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 51,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review: Ringke Thunderbolt case

Tip us?

BennyJr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Default Review: Ringke Thunderbolt case

I was contacted to give my thought on this case..and well here they are.

The case is very well made. Its like a rubber build and it feels really good. Its got good grip on it. So good that sometimes i cant take it out of my pants pocket. It doesnt really get to hot even when the phone is hot. It has power and volume buttons build into the case so it makes it easier to lock and unlock the phone,as well as turn up the volume. I really like it. And the price is only 17 bucks. I say its worth it. It fits like a glove and doesnt cover any of the microphones either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Thunderbolt-...ht_10228wt_982

If u have any questions about it, feel free to post them here.
-Ben

GeekDrop
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I got a case similar to this that has that same strip underneath the earpiece speaker. I've found it hard to drag down the notification bar when cases have one of these.
Turnyface Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekDrop View Post
I got a case similar to this that has that same strip underneath the earpiece speaker. I've found it hard to drag down the notification bar when cases have one of these.
I disagree with the notification bar dragging issue. I have the ringke case and think it's fantastic. The feel is a little different than I was expecting, but overall I'm very satisfied. It was only $10 with a coupon I found online.

BennyJr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Yeah i can see where that could be a problem but it hasnt really bothered me.

docabe
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Again

I have posted this previously:

The strip under the earspeaker covers the light sensor, therefore, while on calls, the screen will not turn off automatically.

I contacted Ringke about this a couple of months ago. They responded right away, and informed me they would look into it. I have never heard back from them since.

I went ahead and cut the piece off. It is structurally useless.

One benefit of keeping the strip might be that the lights on the soft-keys at the bottom of the bolt always stay lit when the screen is on.

Other than that, it is a nice case and fits the bolt well. My only other gripe is that the sides are not as sturdy as on the same case for the itouch.

BennyJr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by docabe View Post
I have posted this previously:

The strip under the earspeaker covers the light sensor, therefore, while on calls, the screen will not turn off automatically.

I contacted Ringke about this a couple of months ago. They responded right away, and informed me they would look into it. I have never heard back from them since.

I went ahead and cut the piece off. It is structurally useless.

One benefit of keeping the strip might be that the lights on the soft-keys at the bottom of the bolt always stay lit when the screen is on.

Other than that, it is a nice case and fits the bolt well. My only other gripe is that the sides are not as sturdy as on the same case for the itouch.
Yeah im not experiencing this problem either. Maybe it was the first couple runs? idk

itsmejson
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I've had my ringke case now since the day I
received my thunderbolt. I've been very
pleased w/ the quality and fitment of it.

I haven't experienced any issues w/ the
strip causing the screen to not turning off.

I contacted support and asked if they would
be producing a similar case to fit the extended
battery but they said no :/ i think if they did
then I would go ahead and jump for the extended
battery.

ddgarcia05
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Thanks alot. More tbolt users are gonna click that link than iphone users. Hope you get a one day ban.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App

docabe
Old
(Last edited by Ryanmo5; 14th July 2011 at 02:56 AM.) Reason: Removed spam link
Thanks Meter 3
Default WARNING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnyface View Post
Here ya go buddy.

I worked hard on making that video for you.

And just to let you know, your ad hominem argument is an improper use of the Latin phrase. If you may have noticed, I stated that I have no issues with the screen not turning off and then proceeded to bash you and your Apple fanboy. I wasn't trying to undermine your statement by directly attacking you. My statement simply concluded that I think you're wrong based on my experience with the case.

Regardless, I laugh at you for thinking I work for Ringke or received a free case. Please note, I would never accept a job as a blue-collar worker.
To others reading this, please do not click on the link. This member has decided to spam people.

You are quite IMMATURE.

As I previously stated, I am not an apple fanchild. I use an ipod touch as the organization I work for uses apple based products to run their medical software.

Also, if you check the other forums (as I previously informed you), you will see that all of my self-purchased electronics are android based (Xoom, DINC2, OGDROID, Thunderbolt).

Finally, you most certainly did employ ad-hominem. It is a fallacy of relevance. It is any kind of argument that criticizes an idea by pointing something out about the people who hold the idea rather than directly addressing the merits of the idea. As you admitted, you attacked me personally in order to discredit my point about the case, rather than prove your point.

Go back to school, and learn to be respectful and kind to others. Shame on you.

Ryanmo5
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgarcia05 View Post
Thanks alot. More tbolt users are gonna click that link than iphone users. Hope you get a one day ban.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App
No they won't