[GUIDE] Complete Guide for NON-US XOOM (3G/GSM).
Last week I gave my iPad to my friend and went for my first Android experience. XOOM. I bought it from Axiom in Dubai. It was “International Retail” version.( H.6.1-38-9) . Stock 3.0.1
As I said, I had no experience in Android but XOOM lack of functionality and problems forced me to go for upgrading it.
I started my search about “What is ROOTing?”, “Idiot guide” , “ROOT for dummies” … but after a week of study and “try and error” , I have a XOOM with :
OS : HC 3.1
ROM : Tiamat 1.1 /1.4.5 (Newest version)
Recovery : Clockwork 18.104.22.168 (Newest version)
Radio : GSM Based 3G/Edge is working (with different SIM card)
SD : SD card fully functional
WiFi : NO problem at ALL ! no disconnection, no of any kind.
Here I want to share my knowledge with you, Thanks to XDA-Developer forum and its users.
Warning: Read your Motorola warranty card and if you decide to lose their support then do the Rooting/upgrading at your own risk. This is only for educational purposes.
1. Install SDK on your PC . Really easy.
-Put SDK path in your PC’s path . This is necessary for you if you want to use ADB commends anywhere in your PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\bin\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\
-See this as well : http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...easy-tutorial/
2. Get to know ADB / Fastboot command . with these:
3. Ok . Now you are ready for going for ROOT your device . by ROOT, you can have FULL access to your device file system.
-Read this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1049901
Very good help. Skip the last part about installing modules because you are going to install new one later.
After ROOT, there is an application named SUPERUSER on your XOOM. Just run it, if you see no errors, then you did your job correctly.
4. Ok. Now you should install RECOVERY . This is necessary for other steps. With it, you can install ROM and also get backup and use it in case of emergency!
-Read This : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1130996
(JUST go to step 4)
-Read and use this Recovery Image: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1074979
- Test if you can go to Recovery screen . Go through menus.
- Make your SD card ready . 2GB is enough. Format it with your windows and in FAT32.
- Put it inside your XOOM , Go to Recovery , and get your first backup . Thn your are ready for next step
5. Ok . In this step we are going to install 3.1 on your XOOM !.
- Read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1089695
- The whole things is : Get some file from your XOOM – Keep them somewhere – Install regular 3.1 US version(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...p?t=1074609-In
this STEP 4 is VERY important to do) – Push back your own files to the device. That’s it.
EDIT : (12 - JULY - 2011) - U can now install AU version instead of US version . Much easier and safer : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1089695
- In every step you can get backup in your Recovery as well
6. Last Step . Install the latest Tiamat ROM .
- Read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1146153
Enjoy your XOOM .