5,599,677 Members 45,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LIST CLOSED (for now)] Group XTC Clip buy?

Tip us?

mattwood2000
Old
(Last edited by mattwood2000; 2nd August 2011 at 08:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [LIST CLOSED (for now)] Group XTC Clip buy?

OK, in the spirit of what ACD168 started, would anyone be interested in going in on an XTC clip? I would have rather waited for Alpharev, but I'm going over seas in a few weeks and want to unlock the SIM on my company DINC2 so I can call the wife and kids with my own card which only the XTC clip can do.

So...I'm going to buy an XTC clip regardless, but I figure if a bunch of folks want in it can benefit more than one person.

I'll front the money on a regular XTC clip (not pay as you go) - I'm looking for 10 people (makes math easy after a rockin 4th of July party weekend), but I would take whatever number of people want in.

With the current Euro exchange rate it would be about $14 each which is cheaper than the Pay as you Go credit.

And as ACD168 alluded to - karma is a bitch; it will mess with you if you mess with it. This is an honor system!

What do you all think?

Mods, if you feel like this post is out of line just delete it.

Thanks, Matt.

*Edit* - below is the current list of folks and the order of shipping - first come first serve. If anyone wants to back out just let me know and I'll update the list.

1. cadon69
2. efaden
3. bradleyz
4. jesand83
5. balaams_ass
6. rm2011
7. jshute
8. THATTON
9. shoman24v

cadon69
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am down to go in on it, you can hit me up here or at cadon69 @ gmail.com. Let me know.

Previous Phones:
OG Droid
Droid Inc (AMOLED)
Samsung Fascinate

mattwood2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Ok - 1 down. Any more takers?

Just put in the order now, so hopefully I'll receive it before I have to leave!!

lstarr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
if geography isn't a factor and there is a "for dummies" tut. on how to....I'm down!

sent from my Inc 2 using xda premium app
Incredible 2

bucwylde23
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I"m possibly interested, do you just ship it to the next person after you use it?

mattwood2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
From what I understand its pretty easy windows software...kind of like Unrevoked 1-click root if you had an Inc1.

The way I see it geography isn't an issue...we'll just ship it to each other which shouldn't be very expensive.

bucwylde23
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I think I'm in, $14 isn't too bad at all. I'll have to look up what exactly it does.

If it's as easy as unrevoked on the inc1, it can't get any easier.

Once you run this, it's S-OFF and rooted?

efaden
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'd be down.

cadon69
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwood2000 View Post
From what I understand its pretty easy windows software...kind of like Unrevoked 1-click root if you had an Inc1.

The way I see it geography isn't an issue...we'll just ship it to each other which shouldn't be very expensive.
I can send it out from my work after I use it with Fed Ex Over Night for free. So I know geography (as long as in ConUS) is not an issue from me to next person.

Previous Phones:
OG Droid
Droid Inc (AMOLED)
Samsung Fascinate

mattwood2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Once you run this your phone is S-Off, and completely SIM unlocked. It doesn't install the su apk or any custom hboot, recovery, etc. However this has already been put together by jcase, so you would just flash a new recovery/hboot and your off an running and ready to install a new ROM.

looks like there are 4 interested so far. Like I said I already ordered the clip so as soon as I get it i'll just send it out to cadon69 who can send it to Istarr, etc.

Paypal for the $14...but I'll get that info out later after there is enough interest