[ROM][SPRINT] Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update
Since no one posted here yet, I will.
THIS IS STRICTLY FOR SPRINT TAB ONLY.
Here is all the step you need to get your tab updated to Gingerbread. Thanks to ZoinksS2k
for the guide and pvtjoker42
for the file.
First you have to have stock EB28 on the tab. If not follow these steps:
- Download the E24 flasher
- Find a copy of Odin (1.3 worked for me)
- Extract the flasher, look in \Models\Binary, strip the .MD5 extension from the file SPH-P100.EA24.SECURE.REV07-FULL_CL871413.tar.md5
- Load Odin
- Connect device via USB
- Reboot into recovery (power off, hold power and down volume keys or do a "adb reboot download")
- Select the newly renamed .TAR file in the PDA slot in Odin
- Select start (flashing should commence)
- Boot, then you will be prompt for EB28 update, allow the EB28 update to complete
Then follow these step to update to Gingerbread:
- Download the Gingerbread update (Special thanks to pvtjoker42 for this. Source)
- Copy the update_from_EB28_to_EF17.zip file to the root of your SD card, rename it to update.zip
- Reboot into recovery (power off, hold power and up volume keys or do a "adb reboot recovery")
- Use volume rocker to select apply update.zip (or whatever)
- Touch the home button to select
NOTE: If you got stuck during the update, try to reformat the sd card with your tab or use a different one, then try again
Warning: You will lose root on the tab, and there is not a solution to root Gingerbread yet...