#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (Unrevoked method is recommended).
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio! New radio from HTC 2.2+ roms is required (Desire Radio Thread).
4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
5. Install the ROM
6. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!
The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.
Latest version: 7.1.0-Desire - 10/10/2011
Download: CyanogenMod Mirror Network
Also available for download via ROM Manager
Google Addon: 20110828 GB
CM7 HBOOT r2 by Alpharev | xda thread
Change partition table size 145/5/287 (system/cache/size)
1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-cm7r2.img'
4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
5) 'fastboot erase cache'
6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer one).
Simple2Ext (Easy with a GUI)
CM7 Legacy App2SD Addon Script (For Advanced user, Command Line)
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!