Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,164 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [HONEYCOMB] Friend Me -- A tablet-optimized experience for Facebook

Tip us?

Chris Stewart
Old
(Last edited by Chris Stewart; 7th July 2011 at 08:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Default [APP] [HONEYCOMB] Friend Me -- A tablet-optimized experience for Facebook

Friend Me for Facebook offers a tablet-optimized experience for your favorite social network. Friend Me was designed and created exclusively for the Android Honeycomb platform.

Market Link (FREE): https://market.android.com/details?i...olabs.facebook

Features of Friend Me:

-- Interact with Facebook with an experience optimized for your Android tablet.
-- Submit status updates to post on your Facebook wall.
-- Read status updates from your friends in the News Feed.
-- Read comments and likes on status messages.
-- Contribute comments and likes on status messages.
-- Register multiple accounts on a single device.
-- Receive notifications from Facebook updates.
-- Pull to refresh support for the News tab.
-- Messages support for your private conversations.
-- Ability to view friend's profiles, their wall, and photo albums.
-- Take advantage of Facebook single sign-on if you have the official Facebook app instead. Otherwise, Friend Me will use the Facebook dialog authorization.
-- View shared photos, links, statuses, checkins, and more directly in the app. Selecting external links gives you the choice of viewing the website inside of Friend Me, with an option to view in the tablet's browser.
-- Access your profile information, your wall, and photo albums. Selecting a photo album lets you easily navigate through your photos.
-- See your Facebook friends, view their profile information, and access their wall.
-- A Photo tab for exploring your photo albums in an exciting way.
-- Friend Me offers a Games feature, which will let you play your favorite Facebook game inside of the app. Flash games work as well, thanks to the Android platform.

If you have any feature requests, questions, comments, need support, or want to provide feedback please email me at support@locomolabs.com. Stay up to date with all of the apps from Locomo Labs by visiting:

Web: http://locomolabs.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/locomolabs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/locomolabs
Founder, Locomo Labs - http://locomolabs.com - @locomolabs

Trivalist (FREE) - Play trivia with your Facebook friends!
Friend Me (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A tablet-optimized experience for Facebook.
TweetComb (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet.
Newsr (FREE -- Honeycomb Optimized) - A Google Reader client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chris Stewart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

christarius
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up Nice app.

First off, great app, been using it for a while on my Transformer and its by far superior to the stock Facebook app. Its gotten even better since the upgrade a few days back.

The only issues I've found so far are:
  • When I try to lauch the app by touching a notification it force closes. I can view the notifications by launching the app and navigating to the notifications tab, but touching the shortcut in the HC notification tray causes a FC.
  • Once when I launched the app it won't load any of my Facebook data. Forcing a refresh didn't help either. I removed my FB account and re-added it and this seemed to fix it. Haven't had the issue since, so it might have been a one off glitch.

I'm running Prime 1.4 with a Clemsyn kernel on an Asus TF101. Once again, great app, hope you keep developing it!

popy2006
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Nice, will give it a try and report back

pillzzberry
Old
Thanks Meter 17
That app is not on the market. :/

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

natious
Old
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
Not in the market for me either, unless its honeycomb only?

swyped from a galaxy far far away

nspaull.com

Note III [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"Temasek CM11[/COLOR] @ 2.5ghz
Galaxy SIV foxhound @ 2.1ghz
Galaxy Nexus franco + slim @ 1.3ghz
Galaxy S CM7 @ 1ghz
Galaxy Tab overcome @ 1.4ghz

Desire Z CM7 @ 1.2ghz[/STRIKE]
DesireCM7 @ 1.2ghz[/STRIKE]

GALAXY TAB MEIZU DARK THEME
GALAXY TAB HONEYCOMB THEME

jjsoviet
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by natious View Post
Not in the market for me either, unless its honeycomb only?

swyped from a galaxy far far away
It is Honeycomb only.

Some issues:

- In reading an article, only 20 or so of the latest comments could be seen. If, say, there's a topic with more than fifty comments, just half of those are available.

- Pressing the notification does not take me to the corresponding article or update, only to the app in its most recent state.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 | MSI GTX 560 Ti | G.Skill 8GB | OCZ Fatal1ty 550W

HTC Inspire 4G | JellyTime || Motorola Atrix 4G | CM10 Unofficial
Samsung Galaxy S II i777 | CM10 Kang || ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime | CM10 Nightlies
The Following User Says Thank You to jjsoviet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adrianmignogna
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Good App, but until there's a chat option, it's useless for me...Maybe you can add also the new videochat...

greets

Adrian

reddead66
Old
Thanks Meter 238
tested the app and wrote about it on my blog here:http://myandroidlove.blogspot.com/20...honeycomb.html
| Galaxy S II |

narynan
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I really like the app, however, for it to be the best, this is an issue of needing to have farmville. I need to get my wife off my computer.

Make it so!
Using: Samsung Galaxy S3 (Stock ATM) & Acer A200

Have used...

HTC Sensation / G2x / G2 / Vibrant / G1
ASUS Transformer / Xoom / Samsung Galaxy Tab / iPad2

ahhbasta
Old
(Last edited by ahhbasta; 9th July 2011 at 12:24 PM.) Reason: Added the last sentence.
Thanks Meter 17
Every time I comment on or like a post, the news feed goes back to the top. I think it would be better if the news feeds stay put.

You could also put a favorites tab (like favorite friends).

Thank you for the app!

Also, I discovered that you can't share/upload a photo from the android gallery.