[Q] Help.. lost copper contact from battey

Search This thread

mallie

Jan 29, 2010
Hello..
I have used Xda for about 2 years now, being the proud owner of an HD2 i have had android and wm7 on it.
Upon taking out the spare battery one of the copper contacts on the phone fell off obviously now the phone wont switch on.
Would anyone know if i need to replace the main board or is there a part i could get that just includes these copper pins?

Attachments

• hd2pins.jpg
    hd2pins.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
no need to replace the motherboard. when i had disassembled my diamond i accidently broke the copper contact for the wifi antennae which is on top right corner.

i had a spare copper contact from another mobile phone's speaker as thats where you will easily get hold of one. i jus removed the copper contact and fixed it accordingly on the antennae contacts. it works with 100%

so i wud suggest you the same. find something of same size. maybe from an old mobile phone or mobile phone's speaker or contact.

even if you cant' solder it, try to fix it properly. but since its battery contacts, u better find a way to soldier it slightly.

also keep this contact jus able to touch the battery when inserted, so that less bending on the contact is required and so ur soldering wud remain intact.

good luck

Reactions: mallie

mallie

Jan 29, 2010
Apologies but help just summed it up for me, i'll try change it if i can.
ayyu3m thanks for this i had a slight bit of luck in finding the copper bit.... it looks slightly hooked so i may even get away with not soldering it :)
I was worried the motherboard would have to be replaced...

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Apologies but help just summed it up for me, i'll try change it if i can.
ayyu3m thanks for this i had a slight bit of luck in finding the copper bit.... it looks slightly hooked so i may even get away with not soldering it :)
I was worried the motherboard would have to be replaced...

It may have summed it up for you but not for people browsing the forum. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no need to replace the motherboard. when i had disassembled my diamond i accidently broke the copper contact for the wifi antennae which is on top right corner.

i had a spare copper contact from another mobile phone's speaker as thats where you will easily get hold of one. i jus removed the copper contact and fixed it accordingly on the antennae contacts. it works with 100%

so i wud suggest you the same. find something of same size. maybe from an old mobile phone or mobile phone's speaker or contact.

even if you cant' solder it, try to fix it properly. but since its battery contacts, u better find a way to soldier it slightly.

also keep this contact jus able to touch the battery when inserted, so that less bending on the contact is required and so ur soldering wud remain intact.

good luck