Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting my 2.3.3 optimus one to mik's crom

Tip us?

Abrahamz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooting my 2.3.3 optimus one to mik's crom

Hi, i am new in this forum so I may be like the noob you guys talked about in the first video, also i am not american so sorry for my english.

Yesterday i decided to play around with my phone, an optimus one with official rom froyo. I rooted it and then unrooted it because i realized that the official gingerbread room was out. After a few unsuccesful attempts of updating it from kdz (emergency mode, unplugged, took off battery, almost crying for my phone) when I turned it on it was okay, running gingerbread 2.3.3

I downloaded the rom from this website http://androidve.com/2011/05/como-instalar-software-original-en-lg-optimus-one-kdz-oficial-digitel-en-exclusiva/ and I thought everything was fine until the moment i realized that it wasn't what i expected. I wanted to install this rom because of a video I saw in youtube and i followed the link and it took me http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=946354. I read the thread and some of its post and decided that i want that rom.

Now, i have gingerbread and i know it can be rooted in a way i dont know anything about, i want to learn it. But my question is... If i already have gingerbread, do i need to downgrade to froyo to install the cROM of mik? or can i do it directly from a rooted gingerbread? if it is possible, can you please guide me on how to do it or give me a tutorial? I already looked for them and actually found some of them but because of the incidente of the last day i am scared of trying this stuff alone and i would really aprreciate your advice.

Thank you. (Sorry for the essay :S)

InfiniteRisen
Old
(Last edited by InfiniteRisen; 8th July 2011 at 01:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 63
There are already threads on how to do this. Also if you are to flash mik's rom then you have to flash old baseband since you have official gingy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1142105

After rooting to install a custom rom download rom manager from the market, choose rom from sd card, then choose backup rom and wipe data and cache. Then flash all neccessary zips you need after install.

Sent from my LG-P509 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to InfiniteRisen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Abrahamz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for answering.

Quote:
In adb (this means in cdm/total commander mentioned in Link 1 at "How to Use ADB"):
adb devices
adb shell
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf

After that open SuperOneClick and root using pneuter. Reboot phone and update Superuser from Market.
Ill follow that, but where can i get superoneclick and pneuter?

I am guessing that to flash is to install, how do i do that? like an app from the sd?

InfiniteRisen
Old
(Last edited by InfiniteRisen; 8th July 2011 at 04:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahamz View Post
thanks for answering.

Ill follow that, but where can i get superoneclick and pneuter?

I am guessing that to flash is to install, how do i do that? like an app from the sd?
Super1 click:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Psneuter is just the method process to root(select in super1 click)

To flash things go to rom manager and choose flash clockworkmod recovery.After that any thing you need to flash can be done easily in recovery.

Abrahamz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i ve done it and its all perfect except for the fact that i dont have service could you please help me, i had read something about updating radios and some stuff but i dont know what that thing is, i am wondering if that has something to do with the vpn.

Please help me

InfiniteRisen
Old
Thanks Meter 63
You need to flash new baseband patch here:

http://www.multiupload.com/R9CEDO2HS9
Put zip on sdcard then go to rom manager and select boot into recovery

In recovery select install zip from sdcard, select the baseband fix and choose yes to install.

The Following User Says Thank You to InfiniteRisen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ventus_zx
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Man almost everyone on this site is rooted.... im just to scared of bricking my phone!

Abrahamz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I was scared too, but after a few near-brick experiences i decided to give it a try. I even decided to go back to gingerbread with root because i wasnt able to call and all that stuff, and i was really freaked out when i was looking for a way to go back because my questions was not completely answered and i felt insecure. So i decided to give up for a while and then i realized i had made a backup from my ''gingy'' with the rom manager, and i thought it would restore my data and all that stuff but it actually took me back to gingerbread which was a relief for me.

Now that infiniterisen gave me the answer to my signal/service issue, i might try to do it again, because even though i was really scared while checking that i had no service, my android looked really cool and was smooth as baby skin

I cannot tell you to try to root it because if something goes wrong you would be completely free to blame me and because i am also new to this scene, but it is really cool and i personally like to try new stuff (even though i may cry if my O1 gets bircked)

Tags
advice, froyo, gingerbread, optimus one, root