[SOLVED] Videos don't work - youtube, video files, etc

Search This thread

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
Formatted by SD card, and flashed Infused 1.5.1 (a completely clean install). Installed infused kernel on it (latest) after ROM install.
Everything works, but no video playback at all.

In youtube, every single video tries to load, then shows "There was a problem while playing, touch to retry).
In video player - can't play any videos at all, even those that I shot with the phone. Says "Sorry, this video cannot be played".

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling youtube app, rebooting (doh)... Nothing helps.
It seems as if all my video codecs are just missing or something..

I do have Flash installed. Music is working fine, rings are working, voice/calling is working. Only videos don't work anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: 1.5.1 Infusion Kernel does that. Reverting to 1.5.0 fixes the problem.
Moderator, you can close this thread if you wish..

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Formatted by SD card, and flashed Infused 1.5.1 (a completely clean install). Installed infused kernel on it (latest) after ROM install.
Everything works, but no video playback at all.

In youtube, every single video tries to load, then shows "There was a problem while playing, touch to retry).
In video player - can't play any videos at all, even those that I shot with the phone. Says "Sorry, this video cannot be played".

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling youtube app, rebooting (doh)... Nothing helps.
It seems as if all my video codecs are just missing or something..

I do have Flash installed. Music is working fine, rings are working, voice/calling is working. Only videos don't work anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is no Infused 1.5.1, only 1.5.0.

Do you mean Infusion kernel? If you had bothered to read the kernel thread you'd know that the "speedmod" memory tweaks included in Infusion 1.5.1 caused a LOT of problems including breaking playback, which is why speedmod was reverted almost immediately.

MattSoRaven

Jun 28, 2011
Not sure if this is the same as your problem, but a lot of folks got that error message after installing the official twitter app.

When I used to get that message, videos would work for a little while after booting. After uninstalling twitter, I have had no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
There is no Infused 1.5.1, only 1.5.0.

Do you mean Infusion kernel? If you had bothered to read the kernel thread you'd know that the "speedmod" memory tweaks included in Infusion 1.5.1 caused a LOT of problems including breaking playback, which is why speedmod was reverted almost immediately.

Yeah I meant the infusion kernel. You don't have to be so hostile - I didn't read 29 pages of that thread, and local search doesn't work today.

Thank you though, that indeed fixed the problem. I see that he posted a 1.5.0 reverted version, and it does fix the problem.

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
Not sure if this is the same as your problem, but a lot of folks got that error message after installing the official twitter app.

When I used to get that message, videos would work for a little while after booting. After uninstalling twitter, I have had no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Thank you, but I never installed twitter app. I did find that it's a potential fix for playback, but not in my case. In my case it was the broken infusion kernel 1.5.1.