5,604,730 Members 33,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(TOOL) Perma-Temp Root with *R/W* & Stable!

Tip us?

eugene373
Old
(Last edited by eugene373; 18th July 2011 at 11:05 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7296

DONATE TO ME
Default (TOOL) Perma-Temp Root with *R/W* & Stable!

Thanks goes to #TeamWin for Temp Root

This is For Windows only, if you wish to make it work for linux or mac help your self...

Remember, This is still a Temp Root & any Changes made will be Rest back to stock on a Reboot

It's stable & works 100%
I Personally have not lost Root with this new Method

Q. I thought RW was Fixed?
A. Caused by Deleting an apk / file that was already deleted. Journaling shows it still there!
Keep Track of what you delete, as trying to delete something off system that you alread di hangs the /system into RO state.

Before Using!!
HTC Sync Must be Turned OFF

Put the Phone into Charge Mode only ( Not Disk Drive )

USB Debugging Must be Turned on

What's Fixed:
Revamped due to new Method:
~ Superuser Apps now Function
~ If you Lose Root, all you have to do is Open terminal & type SU then type fixit! > No More Rebooting & running the exploit again for R/W on system to get Root back in place
~ Fixed R/O Bug!!
~ R/W is now Forced
~ /system is fully editable now! until reboot that is.
~ Busybox is installed to /vendor/bin
~ hex Edited libext4
~ hex edited libfuse.so
~~ This is the Last Update due to it working & Stable ~~

Download for RW HTC Sensation 4G:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````

Download for RW HTC Evo 3D:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````

Download for RW HTC Flyer 16GB/32GB:

Download for RW HTC Evo View:

Q. Is this permanent?
A. no, it's a temp root method..

Q. Will I lose SU Access at some point while running the OS?
A. You might, but open terminal & type fixit to get root back!.

Q. What about apps that need a reboot to use superuser?

A. Use Fast Reboot form the market for app that need a reboot..

Q. Can I push & remove items to system & will it work?
A. Yes, but all changes are reset on a reboot.

Once Downloaded, Unzip & double click on the Run_ME_fre3vo_Root.bat File & Enjoy long lasting Root!

OLD NEWS:

Everyone knows that currently with any temp root, you still lose links to the SU Binary & Busybox links, it's just a matter of time before it happens!!

So after digging around somewhat I found an over sight that HTC might use later for system updates via /vendor/bin, who knows at this point though... Anyways, after amount of time the SU Binary along with busybox links if be in system/bin or /system/xbin gets deleted / removed..

Now, what I did was enable the $Path to /vendor/bin which is in the Sensation export PATH..
Any Calls made from this point either be SU or Busybox don't get deleted nor touched from any App requesting the SU Binary!! I've tested this with alot of apps & the Root sticks in place..

Other than Reboot, it might as well be a Perma-Temp-Root!!
Image Hosting Provided by http://i.imgur.com
TMO SGS2 & Nexus S
Eugene373's github
T-Mobile US

Follow me on Twitter.
http://twitter.com/#!/Eugene373

Like my Work, Buy Me a RedBull by clicking on my Can

Just Remember, Only you can Stop XDA Forest Fires!
The Following 102 Users Say Thank You to eugene373 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hockeyfamily737
Old
(Last edited by hockeyfamily737; 8th July 2011 at 09:40 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2817

DONATE TO ME
Downloading now!!! Can't wait to test it!

***EDIT***

Rooted perfectly, opened and closed Titanium Backup several times with no force closes or loss of su, Barnacle is perfect, Wireless tether is granted su but the kernel doesn't support it, screenshot gained su also but the screenshots were smeared colors. Drocap2 takes perfect screenies though. Gonna try a few more root apps before bed and play some more when I wake up to verify it lasts.
•You know you're a nerd when your wife says: "If you don't get off that computer I'm leaving!" & your instinctive response is to chastise her for not following an "if" statement with an "else" clause.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hockeyfamily737 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ndraiden
Old
Thanks Meter 1
going to try this now!

mattfmartin
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Ran the script and no root

ndraiden
Old
Thanks Meter 1
script stays on
daemon started successfully :/

Tiffany84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene373 View Post
Thanks goes to #TeamWin for Temp Root!!!

Everyone knows that currently with any temp root, you still lose links to the SU Binary & Busybox links, it's just a matter of time before it happens!!

So after digging around somewhat I found an over sight that HTC might use later for system updates via /vendor/bin, who knows at this point though... Anyways, after amount of time the SU Binary along with busybox links if be in system/bin or /system/xbin gets deleted / removed..

Now, what I did was enable the $Path to /vendor/bin which is in the Sensation & Evo 3D export PATH..
Any Calls made from this point either be SU or Busybox don't get deleted nor touched from any App requesting the SU Binary!! I've tested this with alot of apps & the Root sticks in place..

Other than Reboot, it might as well be a Perma-Temp-Root!!

This is For Windows only, if you wish to make it work for linux or mac help your self...

If you have trouble with the Superuser.apk, uninstall first & reboot then run the .bat file again..

What is installed?
Busybox w/ symlinks
Superuser.apk
SU Binary
Fre3vo
sqlite3

What's Removed?
slackerradio.apk
TMOUS_Navigator.apk
Transfer-pyramid-8.30.0.26-S30.apk
Protips.apk
IdleScreen_Stock.apk
HtcTipWidget.apk
com.htc.TrendsWidget.apk
com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
FusionStockWidget.apk
Stock.apk

So without further ado, the link!
http://www.multiupload.com/LBEYIFVD58

Once Downloaded, Unzip & double click on the Run_ME_fre3vo_Root.bat File & Enjoy long lasting Root!

Last edited by Eugene373; Today at 05:51 AM.

Is there any chance u can edit the script or tell me how to edit it so it doesn't remove anything. Thanks.

Shigster
Old
Thanks Meter 13
perfect works great!!! Managed to restore TB! Will try out wifi tethering right now and other su required apps! Thank you! <3
[Sprint] Samsung S4 -
Acer A500
HTC Flyer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
[00:48] <@shift> well, Shig, when a nand and root really love each other...

nabbed
Old
Thanks Meter 195
I guess I don't understand.

How is removing anything from /system/app gonna stick?

k2buckley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 923
This worked perfect for me. No problems with it. Wifi tether won't work for me, but barnacle tether works perfectly. Drocap2 is taking perfect screen shots for me as well, where as before the images would be all distorted and what not.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Stock / Rooted
Kernel: Shabby Custom MDL
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to k2buckley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megatron-g1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Made some changes to the .bat since I don't necessarily want to disable all of that yet, but it works, this is the longest superuser has worked for me so far on the EVO 3D.

Tags
soeasyacavemancandoit