Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Caller ID (7 digit) FINALLY FIXED

Tip us?

nkk71
Old
(Last edited by nkk71; 9th July 2011 at 12:16 PM.) Reason: update
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2710
Talking Caller ID (7 digit) FINALLY FIXED

Hi All,

Quite a newbie and just rooted the Desire a couple of days ago, so bear with me…

Not sure if this is still a problem for many of us out there, but it’s been a problem for me for years, and I never found a solution to it (on the web or elsewhere), so I thought of sharing it.

For those of us who need “7 digit” (not 8 digits) Caller ID Matching, for both Phone and SMS/MMS, I think I have it working now

The problem comes from how your operator provides the caller id; in my country it’s +CCC x yyyyyy for SMS, and 0x yyyyyy for phone calls; CCC being the country code, in my case 961, but I’ve seen posts from other countries as well.

For Windows Mobile it was just modifying the registry, but for Android, I’ve seen many posts, blogs, etc. about libsqlite.so needing to be changed. I believe I found (actually stumbled across) a much simpler and more “correct” solution:

In the file “/system/build.prop” just add a line at the beginning “ro.phone.min_match=7”. Then use the normal recovery flash method and you should be good to go.

Update (thanks to luckyjay):
Quote:
Or you can use Root Explorer, long press the file and open with text editor and just do it that way :P Reboot to apply changes
(I used ES File Explorer instead)

I’ve tried it with several ROMs, including RCMixS and AceSMOD007, and it worked for me. (And WOW those are some really excellent ROMs)

Hope this helps, and let me know if I need to elaborate some more. (It's my first post after all)

!! MANY THANKS TO XDA, THE TUTORS, THE MODDERS AND EVERYBODY MAKING OUR PHONES BETTER THAN THEY ARE !!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jan-willem3
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 816
Not relevant for my country. But looks like a good catch. Well done!

nkk71
Old
Thanks Meter 2710
Thanks jan, nice to see a reply

And I totally agree with you, but the "GENIUSES" over here decided on (and look at that):
+961 a 123456 or 0a 123456 (landlines)
+961 3 123456 or 03 123456 (original GSM lines)
+961 70 123456 or 70 123456 (newer GSM lines)
+961 71 123456 or 71 123456 (newer GSM lines)
… I mean people can’t get this straight how about phones (granted, some phones might be more “aware” than some people, but who am I to say)

The problem has been around for a long time (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=606728 just one post of the MANY I’ve looked at), and we never got an answer.

I even emailed HTC for months on end about this, and never got a half-way decent reply! And I have been a loyal HTC customer for a long time: HTC P3300 (the first HTC, I think), Touch Diamond, TyTN, TyTN 2, Desire, HD2, Sensation

So I was really expecting a bit more from them, especially if the answer is as easy as I mentioned;
they’re statements “your s/n is for an HTC Hero” (hello! I'm sorry, the phone looks like the Desire, has the right software,firmware, th box says Desire, the phone says Desire etc.etc.)

or

“to edit the registry as it is considered illegal” (again hello! there is no registry in Android)

All this wasn’t really productive. One support tech (after being bounced back and forth) was actually trying to help, but eventually I just gave up.

After getting the HTC Sensation, I started rooting the Desire, and guess what, it just took the “ro.phone.min_match=7” to fix it. This could have been done even without rooting.

AND GUESS WHERE I GOT THE “ro.phone.min_match=7” FROM?? ... the HTC Sensation !!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lukyjay
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
In the file “/system/build.prop” just add a line at the beginning “ro.phone.min_match=7”. Then use the normal recovery flash method and you should be good to go.
Or you can use Root Explorer, long press the file and open with text editor and just do it that way :P Reboot to apply changes

nkk71
Old
Thanks Meter 2710
Thanks luckyjay, that works even easier. I'll update the post.

kkarnaout
Old
Thanks Meter 18
SO i See ur from lebanon and have the same problem i have and u found a solution ill give it a try and see if that works it only happens with me with phone numbers that start with 03 but all numbers that start with 70 or anything other than 03 works so ill check it and tell u if it works to me
AK-99

Don't Forget the Thanks button

-Using:
Nexus 4
Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 GTP7510 (16GB) Rom: Task's

-Old or Dead:
HTC ONE X White Rom: ViperX ; Kernel: XM-Kernel PIMPED with 1X+ battery and screen yaaaa ( died due to USB Port Failing no more charge )
HTC Desire 16GB SD (1GB ext - 15GB fat32) Rooted S-off Rom: ICS by @Sandvold (with dad now )
DEAD Phone Xperia X10 White RIP cpu burned
OLD GreatPhone: Black Xperia X1i

kkarnaout
Old
Thanks Meter 18
well i gave u two thanks coz it worked my friend great job well done fixed my problem to i love the way u thought about it and at the end u did it amazing 5 starts for me
AK-99

Don't Forget the Thanks button

-Using:
Nexus 4
Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 GTP7510 (16GB) Rom: Task's

-Old or Dead:
HTC ONE X White Rom: ViperX ; Kernel: XM-Kernel PIMPED with 1X+ battery and screen yaaaa ( died due to USB Port Failing no more charge )
HTC Desire 16GB SD (1GB ext - 15GB fat32) Rooted S-off Rom: ICS by @Sandvold (with dad now )
DEAD Phone Xperia X10 White RIP cpu burned
OLD GreatPhone: Black Xperia X1i

yeahman45
Old
Thanks Meter 62
finally a solution... i am using prefixer to fix the prob but not very convenient! thx for the solution!

nkk71
Old
Thanks Meter 2710
Thank you guys! for your comments & support !!

This thing has been driving me crazy for years, and Prefixer (nice BTW) or duplicating all phone numbers twice is just, is just INSANE for a "smartphone"

Yep, in Lebanon we have this problem, but I've seen many posts including Italy, Spain, and more countries, all of which have the same issue.

Anyway, glad I was able to contribute something, and appreciate your feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yeahman45
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I can't find

ro.phone.min_match

in build.prop of reflex gingerbread sense rom