Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid 3 is out - How about a forum for it.

Tip us?

psouza4
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemical1der View Post
that's right, they will both have the same usable RAM. plus doesn't the D3 (and the Bionic for that matter) uses ddr2 RAM, which is very fast?
Yes. The Droid 3 (OMAP) uses LPDDR2 333/266 MHz whereas Tegra 2 is designed for a 133 MHz DDR spec.
Helio Ocean -> HTC Touch Pro -> Motorola Droid -> Motorola Droid X2 -> Motorola Droid 3 -> HTC Rezound -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Samsung Galaxy Note III

ocdtrekkie
Old
Thanks Meter 12
The find your device thing on the Portal can't get to this forum.

MinionOfEckerd
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdtrekkie View Post
The find your device thing on the Portal can't get to this forum.
It's like the Island in LOST. Our own very special place.

Immolate
Old
(Last edited by Immolate; 14th July 2011 at 06:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Two things I noticed about the pentile screen after I finally stopped staring at it to see if the pentile matrix bugged me (it doesn't):

1) This screen is very viewable outside, which my Thunderbolt was not.
2) The screen uses less power than any screen I've ever heard of. Typically 2-5% throughout a normal work day with a few calls, some texts and messages.

It still feels small to me after two 4.3's. But the keyboard... it must have been designed by a concert pianist with a Master's Degree in Hell Yeah! It's a pretty good keyboard.

psouza4
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
Two things I noticed about the pentile screen after I finally stopped staring at it to see if the pentile matrix bugged me (it doesn't):

1) This screen is very viewable outside, which my Thunderbolt was not.
2) The screen uses less power than any screen I've ever heard of. Typically 2-5% throughout a normal work day with a few calls, some texts and messages.

It still feels small to me after two 4.3's. But the keyboard... it must have been designed by a concern pianist with a Master's Degree in Hell Yeah! It's a pretty good keyboard.
Agree on all points.
Helio Ocean -> HTC Touch Pro -> Motorola Droid -> Motorola Droid X2 -> Motorola Droid 3 -> HTC Rezound -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Samsung Galaxy Note III

ocdtrekkie
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinionOfEckerd View Post
It's like the Island in LOST. Our own very special place.
Yes, well, it's ticking me off, it's inconvenient. Is there a good "ping an admin because the site needs fixing" button somewhere?

MikeChannon
Old
Forum Administrator
Thanks Meter 3667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdtrekkie View Post
Yes, well, it's ticking me off, it's inconvenient. Is there a good "ping an admin because the site needs fixing" button somewhere?
Hi folks, sorry yes, it's now on our action list.
Forum Administrator
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeChannon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Den4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys does original firmware contain russian interface in settings, or it is wiped?

TheMuffStuff
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 821

DONATE TO ME
Even if you dont want a keyboard, how is this not glamorous? Its better than the thunderbolt, charge, x2, incredible 2. This is definitely the best vzw phone out right now untill the bionic and or sgs2 comes out.

JKingDev
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffStuff View Post
Even if you dont want a keyboard, how is this not glamorous? Its better than the thunderbolt, charge, x2, incredible 2. This is definitely the best vzw phone out right now untill the bionic and or sgs2 comes out.
Many think that if a phone does not have a massive screen or if it has a keyboard it is not high end. Not everyone needs a massive 4.3 inch screen though. I prefer something with a keyboard that fits in my pocket. Even the 4 inch screen on the D3 is pushing it. 3.7 is just right to me. I have good eyes though.
Palm IIIe > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire71 + Samsung a660 > Apache > Mogul > Kaiser > Kovsky > Passion > Vision > Aegis > Maserati > Toro > Hammerhead
ROM: Stock rooted, TWRP

Tags
bloatware, droid3, forum