Ok so this is an attempt to port MIUI to LGP500. We are trying this because porting on the Galaxy 3 (LDPI armv6) was a success and i'm sure it will work on our device too.
This is what we're using so far: MIUI for Desire & Overflow ROM
So far this has been done:
- ADB now working
- Merged framework.jar from base rom with MIUI one
- Replaced all apks with miui except LatinIME.apk which seems to give an error on boot
- Use libs, bin and xbin from base rom
- Merged permissions
[Update 9.07.2011 - 17:48 GMT+3 DST]
- Now using framework from CM7
- Libs, and bins from CM7
- Boot.img still from Overflow (CM7 Boot.img stops adb on boot after a while - so using Overflow for developing for now)
- Replaced many smali files in framework but errors keep popping up - I think framework is pretty screwed up now and must be redone (again)
- No more nasty error on boot (with stack dump and stuff...)
- No need for logcat now because errors come from framework
[Update 11.07.2011 - 15:32 GMT+3 DST]
- MIUI boots up and we have graphics BUT
- It only boots up to some error dialogs that say some processes force closed with "Close" and "Report to MIUI"
- Gapps, Provision, and StatusBar force close so they need work
- Removed ContactsProvider.apk and CalendarProvider.apk
[Update 14.07.2011 - 10:58 GMT+3 DST]
- Fixed framework.jar - no more errors seem to come from it
- New zip not made on mac so no low memory errors
- New problem that might fix the apps: All apps look for their classes.dex in /cache/dalvik-cache but only system classes are there. The app classes are created in /data/cache/dalvik-cache
- All apps are back because the errors don't come from them
[Update 28.07.2011 - 18:53 GMT+3 DST]
- Added dalvik-cache to /cache script
- New zip with init.d script and updated framework
- Need to fix dead code in framework
- Need new kernel
- Need MDPI apks
- Need libs that don't make the apks crash
Latest flashable zip:
[Updated 28.07.2011] Thank you 4silvertooth
(DOES NOT BOOT! DON'T FLASH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!)
Sorry... i had to put this in big red letters because apparently people didn't see it well...
If you would like to help go ahead. Download the rom or make your own one if you don't like our development and give input. But most of all don't try to bring us down with "this can't be done" stuff. It can be done and it was done for another armv6 device. We need to get apps and framework to work and rom to boot. Libs and bins will come after...
This being said i would like to thank these people for their work so far and for making me get off my ass and do something useful:
Also i would like to thank overflow for his rom. It's the base for our miui so far.