Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poor battery life?

Tip us?

chancooluk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Poor battery life?

Is anybody experiencing really high battery use when the phone should be sleeping?

The battery life on my p970 is crap!

With all services and apps stopped or closed it uses 100% battery with wifi on and over a 3g network (data off) within 24 hours. I'm not even using the phone in these 24 hours, its just been left on the side after a full charge... 23 hours and 2 minutes later and its dead.

I can get almost 50 hours out of my desire s with light>moderate usage, it was the same with my optimus one and moto defy.

So why does the phone use soooo much battery when it should be sleeping?

A 1500mah battery should easily give 2 days with light usage on froyo... But under 24 hours with no usage at all?

i04055
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Are you using optimus launcher? Mine was the same, but since i change to go launcher and uninstall some.of stock widget and apps it's got better.. got 36 hour medium use.... It consumes 5% in 7 hour idle (when i sleep)..

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA App

mgregor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by i04055 View Post
Are you using optimus launcher? Mine was the same, but since i change to go launcher and uninstall some.of stock widget and apps it's got better.. got 36 hour medium use.... It consumes 5% in 7 hour idle (when i sleep)..

Which one you uninstalled? You rooted phone and what were you use to remove that apps/widgets? Is there any possibility to recovery that apps if (in example) I need to service phone?

chancooluk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, i've rooted it and removed a bunch of widgets and services including LG home (as launcherpro was installed). Left it on the side for just under 2 hours and it's gone down from 51% to 32%, an 19% drop...

Think it needs to go on eBay

i04055
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
Which one you uninstalled? You rooted phone and what were you use to remove that apps/widgets? Is there any possibility to recovery that apps if (in example) I need to service phone?
Some apps and widget like batery, cars, sns, news, etc but i keep the home launcher though.. Use titanium backup, and sure it kan be restored...

I don't think it is hardware problem, so just wait until custom rom release and tried it, it sould be significant battery life improvement..

darkcurves
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancooluk View Post
Well, i've rooted it and removed a bunch of widgets and services including LG home (as launcherpro was installed). Left it on the side for just under 2 hours and it's gone down from 51% to 32%, an 19% drop...

Think it needs to go on eBay
Reflash the phone?

pihx
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I rooted mine, uninstalled a bunch of LG apps and widgets and removed apps i do not need, even Titanium Backup. I'm getting great battery now. After 38hours it's at 64% with light use.

I suggest getting a system monitor app to see what is using up resources when idle. I've used System Panel but i also hear good things about Whatchdog which has a free Lite version.

It's definately software related.

peacekeeper05
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Try hard reset. If that does not work then root your phone and freeze or uninstall somewidgets, carhome etc...
Smartphones:

Nokia N82>>LG Optimus One>>LG Optimus 2x>>LG optimus 3D>>HTC Desire HD>>Google Nexus S>>Apple Iphone 4>>SE Xperia Arc>>HTC Sensation (current)>>Galaxy Nexus>>Galaxy Note 2(still active)>>HTC One (retired)>>Samsung Galaxy S5 (blue)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Tab>>Asus EePad Transformer TF101

rabidityfactor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Check your battery usage in Settings. I found out that my gallery app was using up all the battery. Make sure that your Picasa Sync and Google+ Instant Upload features are turned off. These two services use your Gallery all the time apparently...

yeomond
Old
Thanks Meter 18
its definitely a software problem with LG, before my OBlack would last only 24 hours even with 3G and wifi off (wtf!)

but after i killed all the services relating to LG (go to settings>applications>manage services) its now at 75% after 17 hours with 1 hour of wifi usage and some calls