FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

For Those With Battery Draining Issues

118 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
By JordanED69, Account currently disabled on 10th July 2011, 04:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I Found that the service called omadrmconfigservice hogs battery while ur screen is off. bascially it won't allow the device to sleep. It's function is to check for theft from media hub. It runs constantly, updating every 11.5 seconds. simple solution.

remove sisodrmprovider.apk from system/app

tell me if u notice any battery changes. thanks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JordanED69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
10th July 2011, 05:30 AM |#2  
kkernaghan7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
I've noticed better battery after killing the service. I didn't delete the apk though.

Sent from my infusion-bionix SGH-I997
10th July 2011, 06:42 AM |#3  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,348
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanED69

I Found that the service called omadrmconfigservice hogs battery while ur screen is off. bascially it won't allow the device to sleep. It's function is to check for theft from media hub. It runs constantly, updating every 11.5 seconds. simple solution.

remove sisodrmprovider.apk from system/app

tell me if u notice any battery changes. thanks

Good find.

But I would like to what it exactly does when u say "to check for theft from media hub".
10th July 2011, 07:39 AM |#4  
VtHondaGuy08's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burlington, Vt
Thanks Meter: 447
 
Donate to Me
More
Edit-Nvm fixed it myself
Last edited by VtHondaGuy08; 10th July 2011 at 08:20 AM.
10th July 2011, 12:57 PM |#5  
MisterEdF's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkernaghan7

I've noticed better battery after killing the service. I didn't delete the apk though.

Sent from my infusion-bionix SGH-I997

How do you RESTART the service after you stop (not delete) it?
10th July 2011, 03:52 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Can somebody tell me how to disable that service?
Last edited by smartshoppingg; 10th July 2011 at 03:59 PM.
10th July 2011, 04:19 PM |#7  
jrmendia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Smile
To Stop it >> Settings >> Applications >> Running Services

DONE, Stopped. Checking for a few days to compare results. Now,

[Q] If I stop the service, it will at some point restart automatically?
The Following User Says Thank You to jrmendia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2011, 04:38 PM |#8  
Truckerglenn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 01001111 01110101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01010011 01110000 01100001 01100011 01100101
Thanks Meter: 474
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEdF

How do you RESTART the service after you stop (not delete) it?

Just Reboot
10th July 2011, 05:01 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
This post is in the Epic 4g forum, do you think we need to do both things too?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1

HOW TO REMOVE THE OmaDRMconfigService.drm TO GET MORE BATTERY LIFE ON EPIC
.
.
Download the Sdx App Remover:
http://www.multiupload.com/C6SOOBI7NN
- Install the Sdx App Remover with a File Browser such as Astro or Estrong.
1. Open Sdx App Remover and search for drmprovider.apk. and drmUa.apk
2. Back up the file and then delete it. (The backups are in the sdx folder on your sdcard)
3. go to running service and find this and stop it
4.reboot you phone

doing this you get more battery please let us know how it works for you
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Edit: you need to delete "sisodrmprovider" too so when you reboot the service won't start again
Edit2: before ask make sure you device is preperly rooted :P
10th July 2011, 05:36 PM |#10  
Simba501's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,156
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmendia

To Stop it >> Settings >> Applications >> Running Services

DONE, Stopped. Checking for a few days to compare results. Now,

[Q] If I stop the service, it will at some point restart automatically?

It shouldn't. But I'm pretty sure it'll start on every boot.

Sent from the most interesting device in the world.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Infuse 4G General by ThreadRank