[GUIDE] How to change your PRL while using CM7
YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY
First off, huge props to Bierce
for all the searching and then providing me the info on how we might
be able to enter DIAG mode on your phone while on CM7. All I did was manage to get it to work, and taking a leap of faith by trying to change my prl while using CM7
Something we never thought was possible...
Second, this isn't exactly for the faint of heart. QPST can really mess up your phone if you don't know what you're doing (read as: venture off and mess around with the program). Also, since I literally just did this this evening, there obviously hasn't been extensive testing with it. So "continue at your own risk
Personally I haven't had issues with it and I've changed my PRL about 5 times to make sure it works. But still, it goes without saying: I'm not responsible if your phone gets FUBAR
- install QPST
- Get your MSL
- Install the Htc Diagnostic Drivers (if needed)
- Connect your phone to your PC
- Open 'Terminal Emulator' on your phone and enter the following:
This enables Diagnostics Mode, which enables us to use QPST
echo 1 > /dev/qct_diag_enable
- Open QPST Configuration
- Select the "Ports" tab
- Click "Add New Port"
- Uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only"
- Click on your device and hit OK
- Highlight your phone on the "Ports" tab
- Open up the "Start Clients" menu
- Click on "Service Programming"
- QPST Service Programming will open up and a "Phone Selection" window will appear: Click your phone if needed, and press OK
- Now select the "Roam" tab and click on "Read from Phone" button
- Enter your MSL, OK
- Click on the "Browse" button and select the PRL file you want on your phone
- Click the "Write to Phone" button next to the "read phone" button
- Wait for it to finish writing to the phone. You might (read as most likely) get an error box, click OK on it.
- Once all that is done, you can reboot your phone and enjoy the changed PRL without nandroiding, nand-restoring/flashing, etc. etc.
I just want to mention that the first time I did it, I lost my Mobile Data connection (3g) and after a reboot it was stuck on 1x. After another
reboot, it was back to normal. But I believe that it was because I tried a verizon PRL that drops my service to almost 0.
Yes, I know the status bars are 2 different colors. I have the Orion theme on my SDcard at the moment so it takes a little while to load up. But I assure you its the exact same CM7 rom and everything.
If I've helped you in anyway, please feel free NOT to press the thanks button - I'm not a thanks whore so it makes no different to me
Greed is for amateurs