Originally Posted by Aussie Adam
Is there a way to remove branding on the LG P920? I bought the phone outright but it is filled with useless stuff from Optus here in Australia and i am with Vodafone.
Any help highly appreciated!
Just curious,how much does Optus charge for a outright phone,i thought they were available only on the $59 plan.
Dont know if these are any help,but they will remove Optus voicemail and other garbage :
HOW TO TURN OFF ALL OF OPTUS'S GARBAGE
1) Dial ##002# -> Turn off diversions. It works, but only partially.
2) Dial ##21# -> Turn off call redirect. Don't ask me what the difference to the above was.
Now, this is supposed to turn off ALL redirects (below), but Optus STILL didn't want to give up it's useless services! I had to disable them seperately.
So you will need to:
3) Dial ##67# -> Disable Busy redirect. People will NOT GET CHARGED if you're on the phone, and simply get a 'number busy' error.
4) Dial ##61# -> The phone will RING OUT and the caller will NOT GET CHARGED for useless voicemail, which whilst still apparently 'disabled' from above.. Isn't!
5) Dial ##62# -> The caller will simply get a 'phone not available' message, when Out of Coverage area or switched off. No charge-incurring voicemail.
Now, time to turn off useless services like Missed Call Services, which are redundant anyway.
6) SMS 'OFF' (without the ') to 159 -> Disable 'Missed Call Service'. You may get an error, but just keep spamming this number over days/weeks and it will eventually work.
7) SMS 'OFF' to 147 -> Disabled 'Call Recall'