[Q] Operator/Network Branding Removal Help

Search This thread

Aussie Adam

Jul 9, 2011
Is there a way to remove branding on the LG P920? I bought the phone outright but it is filled with useless stuff from Optus here in Australia and i am with Vodafone.

Any help highly appreciated!

bolinao

May 26, 2011
Is there a way to remove branding on the LG P920? I bought the phone outright but it is filled with useless stuff from Optus here in Australia and i am with Vodafone.

Just curious,how much does Optus charge for a outright phone,i thought they were available only on the $59 plan.

Dont know if these are any help,but they will remove Optus voicemail and other garbage :

HOW TO TURN OFF ALL OF OPTUS'S GARBAGE

1) Dial ##002# -> Turn off diversions. It works, but only partially.

2) Dial ##21# -> Turn off call redirect. Don't ask me what the difference to the above was.

Now, this is supposed to turn off ALL redirects (below), but Optus STILL didn't want to give up it's useless services! I had to disable them seperately.

So you will need to:

3) Dial ##67# -> Disable Busy redirect. People will NOT GET CHARGED if you're on the phone, and simply get a 'number busy' error.

4) Dial ##61# -> The phone will RING OUT and the caller will NOT GET CHARGED for useless voicemail, which whilst still apparently 'disabled' from above.. Isn't!

5) Dial ##62# -> The caller will simply get a 'phone not available' message, when Out of Coverage area or switched off. No charge-incurring voicemail.

Now, time to turn off useless services like Missed Call Services, which are redundant anyway.

6) SMS 'OFF' (without the ') to 159 -> Disable 'Missed Call Service'. You may get an error, but just keep spamming this number over days/weeks and it will eventually work.

7) SMS 'OFF' to 147 -> Disabled 'Call Recall'

Last edited:
Reactions: Aussie Adam

Aussie Adam

Jul 9, 2011
Wow, so much info. Thank-you for taking the time to post all that. I bought the phone from Telechoice for $679, sold my iPhone 4 to get it lol.

I am trying to remove all the icons an menus on the phone that relate to Optus Zoo, there is so a lot. Also there is an Optus screen at startup. My call services are all working fine with Vofafone sim eg; Voicenail and diversions.

Aussie Adam

Jul 9, 2011
Cheers Mate, really appreciate this solution you have given me, when i can read more info and find an easy way to root that i am confident with i will give it a go. Only been using Android for 3 day's and don't know much yet. It's not easy from what i read here. I am used to the simple jailbreak tools for iPhone for the past 3 years.

ik911

Apr 13, 2009
london
Cheers Mate, really appreciate this solution you have given me, when i can read more info and find an easy way to root that i am confident with i will give it a go. Only been using Android for 3 day's and don't know much yet. It's not easy from what i read here. I am used to the simple jailbreak tools for iPhone for the past 3 years.

Goto settings then applications then development turn on usb debugging
then connect the phone to your pc

download this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IKMS0QN3

extract it run super one click as admin click root after it's done reboot the phone
you should see superuser app on your phone

bioweb

Dec 8, 2007
SuperOneClick should be done in less than 20 seconds, if it's stuck then you probably need to load the proper drivers.

Download the LG Mobile Tool from here: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

Run it, set your country and language in the options menu and then press the Install USB Driver button on the right. Doubleclick on LGP920 and it should download and install the proper drivers. If for some reason the LGP920 doesn't show up in the list you can select another country where it's available (The Netherlands for example).

Then follow ik911's instructions again and you're rooted. I recommend getting the Busybox installer from the market and run it once you're rooted to get all the proper tools a rooted phone needs.

bolinao

May 26, 2011
Adam ,be careful when you root this phone,several people on this board have bricked their phones after rooting it, unless the branding is severely annoying you then dont do it,its not worth the risk.I dont want to be the one who says "i told you so ".

Aussie Adam

Jul 9, 2011
Thanks for the info you all have provided. I feel that i am confident in the methods supplied but will head Bolino's advice and wait a little longer before i root the phone.

Regards to all for taking time on this,

Adam

intriq8

Jul 12, 2011
I thought you could only brick it if you rewrite the bootloader, but that you can mess up the rom and recovery partitions as much as you like, as restore of the default LG rom/recovery partitions would be possible with the bootloader and software on PC...

Is this wrong? if so, how does it work?
or is this an special case of extra brickability with the Optimus 3D that i should be aware of, and not install common root apps like CWM recovery or ROM managers?

(I ask because I'm getting one in the morning, and will no doubt root it immediately,.. then after that ill gain root access to to OS..)

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just curious,how much does Optus charge for a outright phone,i thought they were available only on the $59 plan.

Dont know if these are any help,but they will remove Optus voicemail and other garbage :

HOW TO TURN OFF ALL OF OPTUS'S GARBAGE

1) Dial ##002# -> Turn off diversions. It works, but only partially.

2) Dial ##21# -> Turn off call redirect. Don't ask me what the difference to the above was.

Now, this is supposed to turn off ALL redirects (below), but Optus STILL didn't want to give up it's useless services! I had to disable them seperately.

So you will need to:

3) Dial ##67# -> Disable Busy redirect. People will NOT GET CHARGED if you're on the phone, and simply get a 'number busy' error.

4) Dial ##61# -> The phone will RING OUT and the caller will NOT GET CHARGED for useless voicemail, which whilst still apparently 'disabled' from above.. Isn't!

5) Dial ##62# -> The caller will simply get a 'phone not available' message, when Out of Coverage area or switched off. No charge-incurring voicemail.

Now, time to turn off useless services like Missed Call Services, which are redundant anyway.

6) SMS 'OFF' (without the ') to 159 -> Disable 'Missed Call Service'. You may get an error, but just keep spamming this number over days/weeks and it will eventually work.

7) SMS 'OFF' to 147 -> Disabled 'Call Recall'
    root your phone then install root unstaller you can remove anything

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk

Goto settings then applications then development turn on usb debugging
    then connect the phone to your pc

download this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IKMS0QN3

extract it run super one click as admin click root after it's done reboot the phone
    you should see superuser app on your phone
    SuperOneClick should be done in less than 20 seconds, if it's stuck then you probably need to load the proper drivers.

Download the LG Mobile Tool from here: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

Run it, set your country and language in the options menu and then press the Install USB Driver button on the right. Doubleclick on LGP920 and it should download and install the proper drivers. If for some reason the LGP920 doesn't show up in the list you can select another country where it's available (The Netherlands for example).

Then follow ik911's instructions again and you're rooted. I recommend getting the Busybox installer from the market and run it once you're rooted to get all the proper tools a rooted phone needs.
    Adam ,be careful when you root this phone,several people on this board have bricked their phones after rooting it, unless the branding is severely annoying you then dont do it,its not worth the risk.I dont want to be the one who says "i told you so ".