Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 39,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Fruit Cakes] XDA Re-Release [feb/18/2012]

Tip us?

samcripp
Old
(Last edited by samcripp; 15th February 2013 at 07:46 AM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1785

DONATE TO ME
Default [Fruit Cakes] XDA Re-Release [feb/18/2012]

Fruit Cakes XDA Re-Releases.
USAGE
Download and install the CWM zip for the factory ROM you wish for.
What is this?
This ROMs are simple copies of the official Motorola SBF, but in CWM form. Installing a SBF is dangerous, it could hard brick your device. Using this CWM versions the worst you can get is a soft brick.
RELEASES
ATT
Official

ATT 2.3.4 [4.5.91] Stock ROM (No Webtop)
ATT 2.3.4 [4.5.91] Webtop

Test Server Finds
ATT 2.3.5 Stock ROM (No Webtop)
ATT 2.3.5 Webtop (Still missing :[ )

ATT 2.3.6 Stock ROM [4.5.140] (No Webtop)
ATT 2.3.6 Webtop [4.5.140]

International ROMs
All missing, please contact me if you have any of them.

Zeljko1234 Back Up Links
Zeljko1234 Back Up Links Thread

Note: This releases do not include a release note as I did not create the ROMs. Motorola did, their release notes can be found on their website.

Websites: SamCripp | OpenCripp (my open source projects) | Crowd Funding (a better option than the donation button)
Releases: [ROM] Ninja Atrix 4G | Fruit Cakes for Atrix 4G | ROM Factory | Project Cheesecake App
Current Devices: GSM Galaxy Nexus | 16gb Nexus 7 | ATT Motorola Atrix 4G | Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Gen 1)
The Following 129 Users Say Thank You to samcripp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samcripp
Old
(Last edited by samcripp; 18th February 2012 at 06:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1785

DONATE TO ME
tutorial post coming soon

Websites: SamCripp | OpenCripp (my open source projects) | Crowd Funding (a better option than the donation button)
Releases: [ROM] Ninja Atrix 4G | Fruit Cakes for Atrix 4G | ROM Factory | Project Cheesecake App
Current Devices: GSM Galaxy Nexus | 16gb Nexus 7 | ATT Motorola Atrix 4G | Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Gen 1)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to samcripp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grave101
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you for this. Hopefully this will help those who downloaded and installed the OTA and don't want to hard brick.

jruweaver
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Sam is this safe for those who haven't unlocked their BL?

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1785

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruweaver View Post
Sam is this safe for those who haven't unlocked their BL?
To use this you need tenfars CWM so you have to be unlocked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samcripp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mysticdrew
Old
Thanks Meter 46
go sam go!

Xenocyde
Old
Thanks Meter 16
OK I am a little confused if I flash this I can't use any future ota or do I have to flash the ota with this? I use rsd alot

Atrix - gingerbread 2.3.4 rooted with XDA premium application.
ATT Atrix
[ROM] AT&T 4.5.91 ★ Gingerbread 2.3.4 ★ Beta #4
Edgans Custom kernel
Clockworkmod 4

Old phones

LG Thrill on Family Mobile Unlocked rooted and ready
HTC - Aria sold LOVED IT REGRETS
HTC - kaiser
Razor
old nokia
The Following User Says Thank You to Xenocyde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mysticdrew
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocyde View Post
OK I am a little confused if I flash this I can't use any future ota or do I have to flash the ota with this? I use rsd alot

you may or may not be able to use future OTA... but bottom line is RSD going forward can cause hard bricks so goal is to move toward flashing just through cwm or fastboot

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1785

DONATE TO ME
abandon RSD, the only time you should ever RSD is when you UNlock your BL, after that never use it agin unless something requiewres it. if you ever want to go back to 183 or whatever, find the appropiate files here for CWM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocyde View Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samcripp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1785

DONATE TO ME
I would like to point out that right now sbf flashing back hard brick proble is only with the OTA people, but im sure more than likely the Release OTA will have a new BL and will cause this same issues all around. So CWM is the alternative moving forward!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe