What should I look and test for in a used phone?
I have a starter list. Please feel free to add your comments for everyone to benefit from.
1. Test the phone for Recovery/Download mode.
2. Access internet via WiFi and view something or check your web-based email.
3. Check for water damage - white strips or dots under battery and/or on battery should be white not another color (indicating possible water damage).
4. Check that phone gets signal and can make a call.
5. Check Display
- a. Look for screen cracks and scratches
- b. Check that all soft keys at bottom work
- c. Scroll up
- d. Scroll down
- e. Try typing
- f. Check for dead pixels - how is this done?
7. Check that speaker works
Did I miss anything?
How would I ascertain that it can be unlocked for use on another carrier?