I would like to thank all those who spent a lot of time working on this project. I do not have the required skills and have not contributed other than writing this tutorial. This is a combination of steps and files from the Nvflash unbricking released! and [DEV] Native Ubuntu !! threads. Please thank those who brought this to us!
The download contains the windows drivers and dlls for this to work (thanks to Bumble-Bee (Apache14), rayman84) and my edits of Jhinta's scripts flash.sh and restore.sh. All I did was convert the coding from linux to windows.
Downloads are in the first post of the DEV forum with the newest version from 15 July.
Please be aware that this may cause your transformer not to boot. If this happens please see the Nvflash thread above to restore to Prime 1.4. After this you can install a recovery to flash any rom you want. YOU COULD LOSE ALL YOUR DATA but if all goes to plan you will not. Neither I nor any of the devs are responsible for any damage or loss of data.
This should not affect any data from your Android Install.
It only changes the boot.img and boots a root file stem that is located on the removable Micro SD card. When restoring android this will restore the boot.img (from prime) which will allow you to boot into your android ROM without making any changes.
1. Backup everything
2. Download Nvflashtf.zip file above (files from 10 Jul 2011) and unzip 3. Download the rootfs and unzip (available in [DEV] Native Ubuntu !!) 4. Place unzipped rootfs.ext2 in /removable/microsd/Ubuntu (You will need to create the ubuntu folder)
5. Plug your transformer into your computer using the USB cable 6. Shut down your transformer (cable must be plugged in) 7. Boot into APX mode: Hold down the Vol+ and Power buttons. The screen will not turn on but the computer will recognize the transformer
8. Install the new drivers provided in the download folder (Control Panel --> Device Manager --> APX Device --> Update Driver --> Choose from file --> Navigate to unzipped Nvflashtf folder --> Select usbpcdriver directory 9. Accept the warning message stating the driver is not signed
10. If it is not already, Put transformer into APX mode (steps 5-7) 11. Navigate to the unzipped nvflashtf folder 12. Run (Double Click) flash.bat 13. Transformer will Say "!!!!!phone update successful!!!!!" 14. Eject APX device from windows 15. Reboot Transformer (Hold Power for 10 seconds) then press power
16. Open Terminal and run sudo ifconfig eth0 down sudo iwconfig eth0 mode managed sudo iwconfig eth0 essid "my network" sudo ifconfig eth0 up Open WICD Manager and click connect Password is astf101 If your network uses encryption see the second post
1. If it is not already, Put transformer into APX mode (steps 5-7) 2. Navigate to the unzipped nvflashtf folder 3. Run (Double Click) restore.bat 4. Transformer will Say "!!!!!phone update successful!!!!!" 5. Eject APX device from windows 6. Reboot Transformer (Hold Power for 10 seconds) then press power