Here's where I am now:
* z4root, universal androot all fail - z4root puts the phone into full 100% cpu load, needs a reboot to normalize, androot just fails.
* superoneclikc doesnt works since ...
* usb debugging doesnt really work - I have the toogle turned on under development but no notification is ever shown;
* setup an adb sdk install in a pc, used the OT-980 drivers instead since there is none yet at alcatel website and it was compatible with the OT-990;
* "adb devices" show this:
List of devices attached
which means ... i dunno, fake or spoofed ID since the adb on the phone is disable/ crippled?
* "adb reboot" shut downs the phone, other ad commands show a:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>adb shell ls -l
error: protocol fault (status 64 72 77 78?!)
the status numbers change depending on the command issued.
The above looks like other errors I see on the web that refer to an incorrect adb driver. I dunno.
So, hopefully someon can followup on this. I'm guessing the capability to flash the firmware with adb properly working is a must before moving on to rooting and other stuff.
Spice Up Your Spica with :