[Q] Alcatel OT-990 root and rom development

OP Waza_Be

11th December 2011, 09:27 AM   |  #111  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 16

46 posts
More
Waiting for progress on OT 990 ROM development but it seems stucked
Last edited by ms28leo; 11th December 2011 at 11:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ms28leo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th December 2011, 11:36 AM   |  #112  
Flag Lahore

46 posts
More
Thumbs up How to root alcatel ot 990
Hi Friend,

I have rooted my Alcatel OT990 with Super One Click
The bigest problem for me was to find drivers

This is for those people who not have much experience about rooting n those who got tired of HSUSB drivers for Alcatel OT 990, here is simple solution.

Step 1: install PDANet to pc here is link http://junefabrics.com/android/

Step 2: While installing PDANet u ll get windows prompt...... click on Install Anyway

Step 3: During installation further u ll get a pop up saying..... Insure USB Debugging is On.... etc connect ur Phone n click on Yes (You must have turn on usb debugging in your phone for that go to settings > applications > development > Usb debugging)

Stup 4: Install SuperOneClick to your pc, Download SuperOneClick 1.9.5 (Later versions May NOT WORK!) Here is link http://www.4shared.com/zip/A-qwLIMw/..._22OT-990.html

Step 5: Go to the Downloaded SuperOneClick folder,there will be a folder called "ADB" open it. There you will find 2 adb.exe files,one for Win 7,and one for Win XP
Open your required file, it will show a command prompt window, Type "adb devices" and you should get something like 1234567890ABCDEF
If you get that,just close it.

Step 6: Now right click on Superoneclick icon and run as administrator.

Stup 7: Hit the Root button in superoneclick window and it will start rooting ur fone.

Step 8: while rooting it will ask u to.... Chek it by test Run.....press ok n ur phone is rooted ( To ensure u can c superuser app in your phones apps after rooting

Dear Friends Now driver problem is already solved with this updated version of Alcatel Androidmanager download and install it from here http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/globa...es/ot-990.html

Hit thanks button If you like

Need APPRECIATION not DONATION

https://twitter.com/#!/ms28leo
Last edited by ms28leo; 19th March 2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Driver problem solved with updated Alcatel Androidmanager
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ms28leo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2011, 08:27 PM   |  #113  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
More
Got some news
Here I posted in the 908 thread, since that's what I have.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=154
13th December 2011, 09:40 AM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I have rooted my Alcatel OT990 with Super One Click 2.2.0 without problems. Now is available version 2.3.1 but there is no reason that 2.3.1 doesnt work. So, no need for old 1.9.5.
13th December 2011, 04:44 PM   |  #115  
Flag Lahore

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojandvb

I have rooted my Alcatel OT990 with Super One Click 2.2.0 without problems. Now is available version 2.3.1 but there is no reason that 2.3.1 doesnt work. So, no need for old 1.9.5.

I m not saying that newer version will not work, i said that may they not work coz i was unable to root my ot 990 n i experianced this prob with many ot 990s, it can be an issu wid difrent builds of this device
Regards

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_990 using XDA App
15th December 2011, 09:33 AM   |  #116  

11 posts
There is a video on youtube, some greek guy hold alcatel ot-990 with android 2.3.4. If this is true, can someone from Greece rip off firmware and upload?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd7wqBRXi-I
15th December 2011, 05:29 PM   |  #117  

3 posts
i am greek. the man talking is a journalist who says that the phone was given from alcatel in order to test it and that it has android 2.3 although it is still sold with android 2.2. he doesnt know when android 2.3 will be given by alcatel
15th December 2011, 07:07 PM   |  #118  
Flag Lahore

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojandvb

There is a video on youtube, some greek guy hold alcatel ot-990 with android 2.3.4. If this is true, can someone from Greece rip off firmware and upload?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd7wqBRXi-I

I cant chek out ur linked video right now cos after few minuts i have a busy task n i m going to do that, but i m sure there is no official update of gingerbread as i read news aboout its firmware up date. I ll check latter ths video n tell out whts in it.

15th December 2011, 07:20 PM   |  #119  
Flag Lahore

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex defy

i am greek. the man talking is a journalist who says that the phone was given from alcatel in order to test it and that it has android 2.3 although it is still sold with android 2.2. he doesnt know when android 2.3 will be given by alcatel

hi dear i m in greece too. It is true that OT 990 arrived with 2.2.2 but there was some 2.3 firmware release although exparimental. Second point, ya officials promissed for the support of ot 990 with gingerbread in last quarter of this year but sadly they still not launched properly. And there is buzzing aroud that may it will release in last days of desember or next year in january. KALOS KHARISTO YENA

Last edited by ms28leo; 16th December 2011 at 01:27 PM.
17th December 2011, 08:44 PM   |  #120  
Flag BOGOTA

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms28leo

Hi Friend,

I have rooted my Alcatel OT990 with Super One Click
The bigest problem for me was to find drivers

This is for those people who not have much experience about rooting n those who got tired of HSUSB drivers for Alcatel OT 990, here is simple solution.

Hit thanks button If you like
[/B]

Hi man, I suscribed just to Thank you but even logged in I can't find the Thanks button I'm I missing something? or I'm just too blind ?

Anyway, with your procedure I could root my Alcatel OT990 but with some issues, I'll comment should somebody find it usefull:

- When installing PDANet, the drivers install didn't work, it just did nothing and could not establish connection with the phone. It was because I had already the drivers but in a wrong state, I guess they were installed with the Alcatel OT990 software. I just removed these drivers, restarted the installation and it worked this time.

- The link for the SuperOneClick 1.9.5 you refer is not right, I found it here : www_dailyappnews_com/2011/06/151044/superoneclick-root-tool-updated-v195/

- In the ADB folder of the SuperOneClick there was only one adb.exe file and it doesn't work just by double clicking. So I opened a DOS console, moved to the ADB folder and run:

> adb start-server
> adb devices

If the phone is not listed then disconnect the usb cable and connect it again, it should work.

My 10 cents!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel, ot 990, ot 990 hsusb drivers, root
Previous Thread Next Thread