Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

SIM unlock instructions

OP daftlush

12th July 2011, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
daftlush's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag L.A.
Thanks Meter: 15
 
345 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
1. Might need to have...
a. account for longer then 90 days, and
b. bills payed.
c. Also, should have a Sense ROM for the Vivo_w.

2. Call Verizon Global Support @ 800-711-8300

3. Ask for SIM unlock code. (aka Subsidy Code)

4. Follow instructions given by Verizon below:

If customer has a Verizon Wireless SIM card in the Device:
Generate SIM Unlock code through GuardedLink
Go to: Settings -> Security -> Disable SIM card lock + Enter
Enter the SIM Unlock code when prompted.

If customer has non-Verizon Wireless SIM card in the Device:
Generate SIM Unlock code through GuardedLink
Have the customer power cycle the device
Enter the SIM Unlock code when prompted (This will occur when device is powering up)"

---Does not void warranty---
12th July 2011, 03:10 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftlush

1. Might need to have...
a. account for longer then 90 days, and
b. bills payed.
c. Also, should have a Sense ROM for the Vivo_w.

2. Call Verizon Global Support @ 800-711-8300

3. Ask for SIM unlock code. (aka Subsidy Code)

4. Follow instructions given by Verizon below:

If customer has a Verizon Wireless SIM card in the Device:
Generate SIM Unlock code through GuardedLink
Go to: Settings -> Security -> Disable SIM card lock + Enter
Enter the SIM Unlock code when prompted.

If customer has non-Verizon Wireless SIM card in the Device:
Generate SIM Unlock code through GuardedLink
Have the customer power cycle the device
Enter the SIM Unlock code when prompted (This will occur when device is powering up)"

---Does not void warranty---

Ive recently unlocked gsm , but can't change to GSM mode ( always show CDMA mode)

change to GSM mode , Incredible 2 show
"there is no Sim Card on your device . Your device will switch to CDMA mode now"

try another Sim card , change to GSM mode ,still show ""there is no Sim Card on your device . Your device will switch to CDMA mode now""

My incredible 2 , new in a box 100%

Unlocked by code

Solution ??? help
12th July 2011, 04:01 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
What does this do

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App
12th July 2011, 05:18 AM   |  #4  
knipp21's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Thanks Meter: 578
 
3,793 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
How much extra is it a month to use phone over seas?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA Premium App
12th July 2011, 07:53 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 490
 
1,420 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by knipp21

How much extra is it a month to use phone over seas?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA Premium App

If you unlock it, it costs nothing. Just go overseas, buy a sim card, and pop it in your phone.

Carelessly swyped on my phone so there may be some weird typos
12th July 2011, 10:31 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSCARFACE1

What does this do

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App

Go to: Settings -> Security -> Disable SIM card lock + Enter unlock code
25th December 2011, 01:16 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
what if you don't have any service and ya want to unlock the sim to use with any GSM sim card what do you do
26th June 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokster_1000

what if you don't have any service and ya want to unlock the sim to use with any GSM sim card what do you do

Same problem .. Nobody informed me about the Galaxy tab 2 .7 that if is from Verizon will work only on Verizon and I told them that I will use it in my country ..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes