Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Found the best screen protectors for HTC Sensation !!!

Tip us?
 
steve austin
Old
#411  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 585
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by beston94 View Post
Hello, could anyone tell me which screen protector should I buy in the UK ebay? I followed the link in the US ebay but since I live in the UK, I can't buy it. So could anybody give me a good quality of screen protector in the Ebay UK!

Thanks a lot
I don't know about the UK since I live in the US. However, you will not be disappointed if you can find a Wrapsol screen protector across the pond. On the official Wrapsol site (which you should be able to access) they are charging 29.955 - way too much. I found mine on e-bay for 10. Where ever you can find one at an affordable rate for you would be a very good investment. my .02.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexen88 View Post
Always wondered why people using screen protector if this is gorilla glass, that can't be JUST scratched... It's better than back-cover of phone, that in my Sensation have some scratcher, but no screen, even if falls on floor couple of times
While I love the smoothness and the feel of the gorilla glass it presents two problems. 1. I hate the hazy film look when it gets dirty and 2. the glass DOES scratch.

My cousin, a female, was going to buy a sensation. I told her to get a screen protector when she bought it. She, being the genius that she is NOT, decided to get a second opinion from the T-mo clerk. They told her that it was "gorilla" glass - meaning strong and resistant to any scratches. She was leaning to not getting a screen protector any way because she liked the look and feel of the glass.

Fast forward a month later, after the phone was in her Coach bag sliding around with the keys and makeup kits, SURPRISE: 2 scratches. Then she comes back to me, sad faced, "they lied to me". -_- I have any sympathy for her.
 
zcdg
Old
(Last edited by zcdg; 3rd February 2012 at 02:14 AM.)
#412  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 348
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Don't care metal objects in same pocket with phone. Very simple solution. Gorila is scratch resistant not scratch proof. Any kind of glass can be scratched over time with metal. I have sensation for half a year without protector - no even small single scratch on glass. Had before HD2 for almost 2 years - no single scratch when sold(no screen protector). Never place metal together with glass. And have best feeling/experience of the phone without crappy plastic on it!!!
 
SlwDrvr
Old
#413  
SlwDrvr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 65
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
just got my order received today, and got the protector in. man it looks really great and was easy to apply. but i was wondering, does anyone else have a tiny little u shape notch at the top corner of their protector? for me it's on the left side right where the HTC logo is. besides that, the only problem i'm going to have is keeping fingerprints off the protector!
 
forzanetti
Old
#414  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 94
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlwDrvr View Post
just got my order received today, and got the protector in. man it looks really great and was easy to apply. but i was wondering, does anyone else have a tiny little u shape notch at the top corner of their protector? for me it's on the left side right where the HTC logo is. besides that, the only problem i'm going to have is keeping fingerprints off the protector!
Yes it's for the proximity sensor


Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
 
babaAntoun
Old
#415  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Beirut
Do the edges stay stuck in the corners? The one I have now only covers the flat part of the screen and curls up slightly at the edges.
 
forzanetti
Old
#416  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 94
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaAntoun View Post
Do the edges stay stuck in the corners? The one I have now only covers the flat part of the screen and curls up slightly at the edges.
Did you heat up the screen protector before applying it on your screen?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
 
chrischoi
Old
#417  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 408
Posts: 1,997
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanetti View Post
Did you heat up the screen protector before applying it on your screen?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
I did and it still sticks up. I've put hundreds of screen protectors on. I work in retail and have the skill perfected. Until I got these...
 
forzanetti
Old
#418  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 94
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoi View Post
I did and it still sticks up. I've put hundreds of screen protectors on. I work in retail and have the skill perfected. Until I got these...
Try heating it for around 2 minutes. Normally I heat it up until the protection layer starts to peel off a bit. I've tried about 5 different brands of sensation sp and all of them stuck to the edges after about 2 minutes of heating. If yours still fail to do so, then the problem might lie with the sp itself.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
 
chrischoi
Old
#419  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 408
Posts: 1,997
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanetti View Post
Try heating it for around 2 minutes. Normally I heat it up until the protection layer starts to peel off a bit. I've tried about 5 different brands of sensation sp and all of them stuck to the edges after about 2 minutes of heating. If yours still fail to do so, then the problem might lie with the sp itself.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

I had it lined up on there perfectly with no dust, so I didn't want to redo it. I said oh well, took the hair dryer to the screen with the sp on and held down the ends. It worked. The aluminum housing got a little warm, but it's almost completely down. Thanks. I'll hit thanks when I get home. Work comps are defaulted to classic XDA. Browser is too old.
 
gustav30
Old
#420  
gustav30's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 819
Join Date: Jul 2010
Just had to say that I'm still amazed at OP's screen protector.had same 1 on for 4 months and no sign of wear or scratchs on it. I wish that seller had them for the Amaze because I still can't find one that matches this Sensation protector for the price!

Sent from my HTC Amaze

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes