Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid X2 Bootstrap with Chinese ROM Update Zip

Tip us?

LancerV
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Default Droid X2 Bootstrap with Chinese ROM Update Zip

System Recovery to requires you to have a WALL CHARGER being plugged into the computer will not work
http://www.bandbinnovations.com/xda/...rap_signed.apk

This is a chinese update.zip I would not flash it unless you know chinese but it gives devs a good base and gives us a good start as we dont have to worry about signing the updates now
http://www.bandbinnovations.com/xda/...ate_signed.zip
Free Host for XDA-Devs PM me for username/password
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LancerV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJJasonK
Old
(Last edited by DJJasonK; 15th July 2011 at 04:26 PM.) Reason: added update
Thanks Meter 2
Default Great news

Its still a lil too advanced for me to use yet, but the ball is rolling fast now. Has there been any word on the potential stable speed of the tegra when overclocked. My incredible was never stable beyond stock.

I did it it, and it was way easier than I thought it was going to be. Not going to bother with the chinese rom though. I haven't heard anyone say it was any better than stock, so why bother.

ericerk
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonK View Post
Its still a lil too advanced for me to use yet, but the ball is rolling fast now. Has there been any word on the potential stable speed of the tegra when overclocked. My incredible was never stable beyond stock.
Eh, not rolling tooo fast, its rolling the same its been for the past week, people are just over hyping everything TOO MUCH, and that rom is practically an update.zip but Chinese (from what i gathered i may be wrong)

DAG425
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Im thinking of trying the chinese rom this weekend to see if I can muddle though the settings and change it to english. I dont read or speak, much less write, chinese. If anybody can tell me that this can or cant be done, let me know before I spend to much time on it... Please....

TIA

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

DAG425
SCH-i545
twitter:@DAG425

"you know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you..."
Anonymous CrackFlasher

Previous Devices:

TyTn >> Dream >> iPhone 3Gs >> Droid X>>Droid 3>>Droid X>>Galaxy Nexus>>Galaxy S4

Tablet:

Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi - P7510>>Nexus 7

"Just a ping testing latency..."

GulMiguel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG425 View Post
Im thinking of trying the chinese rom this weekend to see if I can muddle though the settings and change it to english. I dont read or speak, much less write, chinese. If anybody can tell me that this can or cant be done, let me know before I spend to much time on it... Please....

TIA

I got curious and decided to start looking at the files in the zip (one-by-one). So far, each file that I have opened is in English. Since the SBF does work, I'm wondering what would it hurt to at least give it a try and if it all comes up in Mandarin, then I can simply clean everything off and go back to how things were before. I'm not a dev, and I don't pretend like I could be one or know what I'm doing. I know how to flash, sbf and most importantly - ask for help when there's something I don't understand. I haven't seen anything (in the files I've viewed so far) that would lead me to believe that this is anything other than a normal ROM that the Chinese just happen to have.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this matter, please share. My curiosity may just be in overdrive and i've been hungering so long for a ROM that this might just be desperation and a case of huberus of the worst magnitude. I welcome all learned comments/suggestions on the matter.

Thanks in advance family.

Miguel T. Velez-White
C.I.O.
Gallano-Velez Consultech, LLC
9077 US Highway 29 N
Cusseta, AL 36852
USA
miguel.velez-white@gvconsultech.net

Phone: Motorola Droid RAZR rooted
Tab: Motorola Xoom
Bootloader: Unlocked and Rooted
Kernel: Tiamat Xoom 1.4.4
Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.2.8

c21johnson
Old
(Last edited by c21johnson; 15th July 2011 at 05:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 48
If you erase data prior to flashing the rom, when you reboot, it will be at the initial android activation screen. It will be in chinese, but you can simply click the icon in the bottom right hand corner and change to english. Only problems I've ran into so far using this method is that the paid is that paid market doesn't seem to work. But with the new market available, you may just be able to install it over top and bring back full functionality.

Once I return home im going to make an all night attempt st conjuring something up based on this rom, I'll post it if I accomplish anything.

GulMiguel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21johnson View Post
If you erase data prior to flashing the rom, when you reboot, it will be at the initial android activation screen. It will be in chinese, but you can simply click the icon in the bottom right hand corner and change to english. Only problems I've ran into so far using this method is that the paid is that paid market doesn't seem to work. But with the new market available, you may just be able to install it over top and bring back full functionality.

Once I return home im going to make an all night attempt st conjuring something up based on this rom, I'll post it if I accomplish anything.

Now that is some MAJOR information that I needed to know. Thank you so very much. I will most definitely be trying this tonight when I get home from work. I feel like a kid with a new toy....is that bad? Oh well, can't help myself. Have to tinker. It will be interesting to see what happens during the next step of the test - seeing if it has the same problems as the stock version (rebooting when it wants to, powering itself off while in the charging dock, etc.) We won't even discuss Quadrant speeds or overclocking yet. I think that's the stuff I will leave to you experts. I'm a major novice who is a pseudo adrenaline junkie when it comes to my phone. I'm like Tim Allen wanting it to have "more power, grunt grunt'.

I'll stop being silly now and rather I will thank you again for the heads-up...it is greatly appreciated.

Miguel T. Velez-White
C.I.O.
Gallano-Velez Consultech, LLC
9077 US Highway 29 N
Cusseta, AL 36852
USA
miguel.velez-white@gvconsultech.net

Phone: Motorola Droid RAZR rooted
Tab: Motorola Xoom
Bootloader: Unlocked and Rooted
Kernel: Tiamat Xoom 1.4.4
Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.2.8

DAG425
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
This is exactly the info I was looking for. I am not a dev either. I just know enough to get myself in trouble and then get out of it, most of the time..... I do believe we can just replace the market and if that is so that will be awesome. the next thing we are going to have to figure out is if and how we remove the chinese bloat.

About the issues affecting the stock ROM we have at the moment, from my understanding, the chinese one is basically the same. So the same issues may still exist...

I will attempt this tonight after work and a backup so that I can wipe and sbf to start from scratch...

Its great to see interest and attempts at advancing our current state of affairs, even if the progress is minimal. Progress is PROGRESS people!!!!

TIA

DAG425
SCH-i545

Anonymous CrackFlasher

Previous Devices:

TyTn >> Dream >> iPhone 3Gs >> Droid X>>Droid 3>>Droid X>>Galaxy Nexus>>Galaxy S4

Tablet:

The Following User Says Thank You to DAG425 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DAG425
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
So I just flashed the Chinese ROM.... I did what c21johnson said and switched it to English using the bottom right hand button... After that its pretty much the same as usual, log in, configure VZW and Google access and then you get to the default moto blur crap that came with the phone... Some bloat has been removed, but again as has been stated previously some has been added... Two apps that are in Chinese that cant be uninstalled... Aside from that its all the same... I am restoring back to the backup I did before flashing the Chinese ROM as it is absolutely nothing special.....

DAG425
SCH-i545

Anonymous CrackFlasher

Previous Devices:

Tablet:

Furioustylez
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Has anyone tried to overclock the chinese room? I heard its the same as original rom, but since its a custom kernal, it might be able to be overclocked.

Sent from my Droid X using XDA Premium App