[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Tip us?

mistervinavil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzsel View Post
Just started Android on my blackstone
I don't seem to be able to switch between apps, phone and the browser.
Once I'm there I can only use what I've selected and there doesn't seem to e a way to go back to a main screen or home whatsoever.
Guessing the "hardware"buttons are failing

Changed keyboard settings in startup.txt.
from the standard startup to en very long cmdline I found in this post. Nothing works?

Please help.
I had the same problem with my blackstone: i used the second system2.ext (15july) and now home button works fine!

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3099

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistervinavil View Post
I had the same problem with my blackstone: i used the second system2.ext (15july) and now home button works fine!
No need for that, just update to the newest rootfs and put the physkeyboard setting in your startup.txt... this is in the caveat post folks, please read it.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using XDA App

g3rm0
Old
Thanks Meter 81
I'll just leave it right here

IMPORTANT NOTES:
This is the most recent kernel (same as 20111017_080427 from autobuild) with jbruneaux "fix" for cracking audio. It was modified by me so it shouldn't break other devices like original solution did. All it does is temporary disabling of battery polling when speaker/headphones are active. This means battery status won't be updated until music is stopped. Modules are quite big because I had trouble with stripping them. Still... they should be functionally identical with the ones from autobuild.

Please note that I can't guarantee everything will work as with autobuild kernel. Unfortunately I've deleted all my linux VM files (by accident) and had to redo everything from a scratch. My previous build configuration was pretty solid but the new one is still unproven.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kernel+modules-audio_shuttering.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.82 MB, 152 views)
Device: HTC Touch HD aka Blackstone.
Running Xdandroid Gingerbread with 'fixed audio stuttering' kernel.
I do what I can to enhance my beloved device and I share my findings with the community.
If you like my work --> hit the thanks button.
If I helped you --> hit the thanks button.
If you want to donate or send "thx PM" --> hit the thanks button instead ;)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g3rm0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

welard
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rm0 View Post
I'll just leave it right here

IMPORTANT NOTES:
This is the most recent kernel (same as 20111017_080427 from autobuild) with jbruneaux "fix" for cracking audio. It was modified by me so it shouldn't break other devices like original solution did. All it does is temporary disabling of battery polling when speaker/headphones are active. This means battery status won't be updated until music is stopped. Modules are quite big because I had trouble with stripping them. Still... they should be functionally identical with the ones from autobuild.

Please note that I can't guarantee everything will work as with autobuild kernel. Unfortunately I've deleted all my linux VM files (by accident) and had to redo everything from a scratch. My previous build configuration was pretty solid but the new one is still unproven.

hi g3rm0...

i see your running gingerbread 2.3.7 on our blackstone, would u like to share?......would love to try your (own build)

thanks for the new kernel!

g3rm0
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by welard View Post
hi g3rm0...

i see your running gingerbread 2.3.7 on our blackstone, would u like to share?......would love to try your (own build)

thanks for the new kernel!
Hi,

I don't want to release anything that's wasn't published officially by XDAndroid devs. Also it's not exactly "my build" it's the same as XDAnroid repo with my apps and ringtones. I'm sure official release (better than my homegrown stuff) will come soon.

I should probably change my sig
I do what I can to enhance my beloved device and I share my findings with the community.

welard
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Hi,

I don't want to release anything that's wasn't published officially by XDAndroid devs. Also it's not exactly "my build" it's the same as XDAnroid repo with my apps and ringtones. I'm sure official release (better than my homegrown stuff) will come soon.

I should probably change my sig
ok thats fine i really understand.....i also tryed gingerbread 2.3.7 but had wake issues and camera not working after changing libcamera, liboemcamera, libcamera.service and libcamera.client......can i ask how you solved those two things....thanks

g3rm0
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by welard View Post
ok thats fine i really understand.....i also tryed gingerbread 2.3.7 but had wake issues and camera not working after changing libcamera, liboemcamera, libcamera.service and libcamera.client......can i ask how you solved those two things....thanks
I didn't have any issues with sleep/wake on current kernel and build (there is pm.sleep_mode=1 in my startup.txt but it's probably irrelevant). Camera can take stills but not video - known bug.
If you follow this tutorial you should be able to build your own system image with minimum effort. However there are few things to note:
1. You need to use Ubuntu 10.04. It won't work on older version and there are additional steps in Ubuntu 11.10 (not covered by this tutorial).
2. First build takes absurdly long time. It was something like 10 hours on my Linux VM. May be faster on quad-core native Linux machine but still it will be hours.
3. Using OpenJDK may not work! It's better to use latest sun-java6-jdk.
4. In step "Build Dependencies" you need to do everything as described with two exceptions.
a) signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip is no longer available on HTC Developer Center - google it.
b) HW3D driver is outdated. Google hw3d-20111216.zip.
5. Last thing to do before build is add booksphone.apk manually because it's missing from the latest gapps package. Google it and place under vendor/xdandroid/msm/proprietary.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to g3rm0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

welard
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
I didn't have any issues with sleep/wake on current kernel and build (there is pm.sleep_mode=1 in my startup.txt but it's probably irrelevant). Camera can take stills but not video - known bug.
If you follow this tutorial you should be able to build your own system image with minimum effort. However there are few things to note:
1. You need to use Ubuntu 10.04. It won't work on older version and there are additional steps in Ubuntu 11.10 (not covered by this tutorial).
2. First build takes absurdly long time. It was something like 10 hours on my Linux VM. May be faster on quad-core native Linux machine but still it will be hours.
4. In step "Build Dependencies" you need to do everything as described with two exceptions.
a) signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip is no longer available on HTC Developer Center - google it.
5. Last thing to do before build is add booksphone.apk manually because it's missing from the latest gapps package. Google it and place under vendor/xdandroid/msm/proprietary.
thanks alot for all the info.....will give it a shot....thanks again

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3099

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can't believe no one has thanked this post...

g3rm0, nicely done. The Getting the Source and related pages have been updated to reflect all these silly gotchas. Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fiegel81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
No need for that, just update to the newest rootfs and put the physkeyboard setting in your startup.txt... this is in the caveat post folks, please read it.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using XDA App
I'm new to this, so where can i find the caveat post folks?