Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Tip us?

raptus84
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Please read previous posts... There is a quick solution, just a file replacement.
Anyway...Are there any news about the development? I really can't understand because we blackstone "fans" can't get a decent Android version... fully working without battery problems and other issues...Is our device so complicated?

Sgt.Igor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck

Stuck at install - Waiting for SD card
formated with hp tool
tried other kernels

any other thing to do?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptus84 View Post
Please read previous posts... There is a quick solution, just a file replacement.
Anyway...Are there any news about the development? I really can't understand because we blackstone "fans" can't get a decent Android version... fully working without battery problems and other issues...Is our device so complicated?
There's no devs for your device. 0. We've never had any either, which is unfortunate.

I tried to get a Blackstone donated to a dev or 2... but no one ever offered one. So, development continues to languish.

Even on my beloved RHOD, there's still many problems - and not many left actively working on the device. It's getting quite long in the tooth if you look at when the SoC was released. 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Igor View Post
Stuck at install - Waiting for SD card
formated with hp tool
tried other kernels

any other thing to do?
From the caveat post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh
  • SD Card not working...? "Waiting for SD Card" appearing on boot...? Try putting this command in your startup.txt
    Code:
    msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave
    See gummbah30's post reminding us of these commands.
Or try a different SD card.

ruzan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
hey arrrghhh...

i have been looking up the hardware specs of HD and found that HTC G1- Dream, shares the same hardware..

the processor and gpu, both are same. there r some differences as in the keyboard, screen size etc but i guess the underlying hardware looks very similar.

just a stupid VERY amateur question...

has anybody tried to use the files from G1 for our HD to make it fully working? as in nand etc? infact we have bigger rom and more ram.

also i found this page for G1.
http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/SPL

if some expert like cmonex or olipro (as they got us windows hspl for our device) can look into this.. we might make a better start.

as i said.. am ignorant abt the whole thing. just thought will put up what i found and if it helps in anyway for a stable nand of blackstone.

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzan View Post
hey arrrghhh...

i have been looking up the hardware specs of HD and found that HTC G1- Dream, shares the same hardware..

the processor and gpu, both are same. there r some differences as in the keyboard, screen size etc but i guess the underlying hardware looks very similar.

just a stupid VERY amateur question...

has anybody tried to use the files from G1 for our HD to make it fully working? as in nand etc? infact we have bigger rom and more ram.

also i found this page for G1.
http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/SPL

if some expert like cmonex or olipro (as they got us windows hspl for our device) can look into this.. we might make a better start.

as i said.. am ignorant abt the whole thing. just thought will put up what i found and if it helps in anyway for a stable nand of blackstone.
We use the Dream, Hero and Tattoo as 'example' devices. We've taken much from their trees, but unfortunately it's not so simple to just drop everything in from their work. Our hardware isn't 100% identical, but very similar.

ruzan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
We use the Dream, Hero and Tattoo as 'example' devices. We've taken much from their trees, but unfortunately it's not so simple to just drop everything in from their work. Our hardware isn't 100% identical, but very similar.
okie. thanks for info.

anybody tried the hspl route of dream for blackstone nand by requesting cmonex or olipro to work their majic for us?

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
okie. thanks for info.

anybody tried the hspl route of dream for blackstone nand by requesting cmonex or olipro to work their majic for us?
What would this achieve exactly?

We already know what needs to be done for NAND, there's just a lot of kernel work that needs to happen -> which means a dev needs a Blackstone in their hand!

ruzan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
What would this achieve exactly?

We already know what needs to be done for NAND, there's just a lot of kernel work that needs to happen -> which means a dev needs a Blackstone in their hand!
again a very stupid question but what abt the kernel from dream?

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
again a very stupid question but what abt the kernel from dream?
As I said our hardware is similar but far from "identical". It's not a matter of just dropping it in and it magically working...

crvmolinari
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Caveats:
  • I have committed the changes so you can use the autobuild rootfs (in conjunction with physkeyboard=blac in your startup.txt)!
yuhuu! it works for me!

any suggestions to make the battery live longer?