[BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Please read this entire post!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>​

I have created a complete bundle of GingerBread with the newest kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and the newest rootfs from GIT (Feb 24).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps! We don't make empty promises, we just provide solid and complete builds. No ETA's, no threads without download links or instructions... Enjoy!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 11 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) file (updated Mar. 25 2011) by itself... Don't download this unless you know you want to update!!

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, GBX0A, copy its contents to the root (base) of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Download the ts-calibration file from this post (should work for BLAC) and extract the .zip to where you run haret.exe from - typically the root or 'base' folder of the SD card. Not within any folders, unless you run haret.exe from a folder!

**If you have issues with the above file, you must calibrate manually. To start manual calibration, just delete any ts-calibration files and boot. Sometimes this doesn't work, and you have to use an older kernel from GIT (I found 1225 works well) and generate the ts-calibration file by booting and pressing the 5 zones. Once you have a good calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a really good one :p), reboot & go back to the newest kernel from the autobuild service! Thanks**

6. Run haret.exe... Profit! :D

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins or so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot ;).

Troubleshooting:
Please read the... FAQ
If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get newer or archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 10. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them ;).

See Incremental Updates for more information on this topic of updating!!

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Obviously this build is Alpha, and there are going to be problems. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.

stinebd's original post HERE

Mar. 11 2011 Changelog

Attachments

• ts-calibration_blac.zip
    164 bytes · Views: 11,470
Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Things broken in this build:

• libgps - explains itself, no GPS and probably no netloc (cell-tower based location)
  • HW3D is either not working, or just not preset - I ran neocore and let's just say a lot of textures are missing. Got a ridiculous score, but again - no textures, not much to render haha.

This line should be in the startup.txt file if that wasn't obvious ;).

Thanks to emc02 for that solution!
  • The keyboard should be fine, but I've had some Blackstone users complain - if you want, switch the keyboard out with another. mr_grisha's original post. Others have said this is a horrible keyboard, and you should just use Swype. I'm a big fan of use what works for you, so you folks make the decision for yourself!
Anything that's broken in Froyo, is probably broken in this build.

Blackstone users - help me flesh out this section! Anything that's not working let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: b12rtc

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Changelog
March 25, 2011
  • Further tuned keyboard sizing to be useful on VGA (also made the key labels bigger)
  • World-phone settings support (very important for future RIL enhancements especially on CDMA)
  • Enabled HSPA icon (someone on GSM please let me know if it actually works)

welard

May 5, 2009
Enabled HSPA icon (someone on GSM please let me know if it actually works).....this does not work on my blackstone.....nor does it work on frx06.......overall gbxoa and frx06 works resonable well.....

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Startup.txt that works with frx06 and gbx0a

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2030
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msm_blackstone_pad.vibrate=1 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msmsdcc_nopwrsave rel_path=GBX0A"
boot

use as "rel_path=*****",where ***** is the name of the folder where haret and other files are located (GBX0A in this example),eg if using stock names use FRX06 for frx06 and GBX0A for gbx0a

sensor rotation should be as it is in the text above

also stock android keyboard doesn't work,and keyboard suggested in first post works a bit crappy (with all due respect),so you should use some other,i personally use swype and it doesn't matter if you swype or just type,because swype is great for typing too,it's fast and responses instantly (unlike betterkeyboard)

i think F22's rootfs are modified to fit rhodium which has keyboard and different button mapping so there is no need to use it...you know,no need for additional code lines which are not necessary

i suggest using zeam launcher it's faster and lighter than the stock one

what else does not work:

led notifications (do not work at all,also if you plug in the cable in WM before you run haret, orange notification(or green if it's fully charged) will continue to glow,so our android has no control over it,not even to turn it off)
front camera

(will add if i remember something)

what works especially good

overall speed and performance is great
the build is stable,i almost never got SOD,sometimes you have to FC apps,but very rarely....anyway, performance mesmerizes you so well that you don't even notice those issues
calls are perfect,no "turn speaker on/off" bug,no rejecting calls

if you want to be able to install more apps,go to this thread and grab the data.img maker (resize tool)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824154

if you need storage access,use wifi explorers,they proved very good solution for not being able to access sotrage via usb

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Enabled HSPA icon (someone on GSM please let me know if it actually works).....this does not work on my blackstone.....nor does it work on frx06.......overall gbxoa and frx06 works resonable well.....

Yea, IIRC the new RIL is required to properly show H. Does it show in WinMo? Thanks for the feedback :D.

not sure if pmem.extra=1 is needed at all and does it perfor better without it,i read somewhere that it does....maybe arrrghhh knows

use as "rel_path=*****",where ***** is the name of the folder where haret and other files are located (GBX0A in this example),eg if using stock names use FRX06 for frx06 and GBX0A for gbx0a

sensor rotation should be as it is in the text above

i've attached ts-calibration for blackstone,so if anyone needs it,it is precisely calibrated....additionally if someone wants to do it by himself,he (she) should use 11** kernels (current are 13**),because calibraiton feature was removed from later kernels

Just saw this. Do I need to change anything in the startup.txt file for Blackstone? rel_path is up to you, pmem.extra is deprecated. Please don't use it - won't hurt anything, but it does nothing ;).

Last edited:

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Just saw this. Do I need to change anything in the startup.txt file for Blackstone? rel_path is up to you, pmem.extra is deprecated. Please don't use it - won't hurt anything, but it does nothing ;).

yeah...i read that...think it was your post :p i remember you being allergic to that line :)

that in blue and red was for user who don't know how to do it,just a little hint....also i think provided startup.txt is ok,i just posted this so someone who maybe modified it or lost it can have it easily without having to download whole 120mb package

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
yeah...i read that...think it was your post :p i remember you being allergic to that line :)

that in blue and red was for user who don't know how to do it,just a little hint....also i think provided startup.txt is ok,i just posted this so someone who maybe modified it or lost it can have it easily without having to download whole 120mb package

Ah no worries. Let me know if there is something you think I should change, I don't have a Blackstone and I'm always looking to improve the process for you guys!

welard

May 5, 2009
Yea, IIRC the new RIL is required to properly show H. Does it show in WinMo? Thanks for the feedback :D.

yes it shows in window....thanks

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
what else does not work:

led notifications (do not work at all,also if you plug in the cable in WM before you run haret, orange notification(or green if it's fully charged) will continue to glow,so our android has no control over it,not even to turn it off)
front camera

if you use glemsom kernels your audio will stutter a bit,you can overcome this by using g3rm0's kernel found in this forum section....although it'd be nice if someone implemented anti-stuttering into glemsom(xdandroid official) kernels

the build is stable,i almost never got SOD,sometimes you have to FC apps,but very rarely....anyway, performance mesmerizes you so well that you don't even notice those issues

if you want to be able to install more apps,go to this thread and grab the data.img maker (resize tool)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824154

copied everything to 5th post,so it's all in one place

Last edited:

welard

May 5, 2009
what else does not work:

front camera

if you use glemsom kernels your audio will stutter a bit,you can overcome this by using g3rm0's kernel found in this forum section....although it'd be nice if someone implemented anti-stuttering into glemsom(xdandroid official) kernels

all above quoted the same for me to......sometime loading apps can sometime take time to load and battery life falls quickly when downloading from market.........

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
also stock android keyboard doesn't work,and keyboard suggested in first post works a bit crappy (with all due respect),so you should use some other,i personally use swype and it doesn't matter if you swype or just type,because swype is great for typing too,it's fast and responses instantly (unlike betterkeyboard)

What recommendation do you have? I didn't think Swype was free..?

i think F22's rootfs are modified to fit rhodium which has keyboard and different button mapping so there is no need to use it...you know,no need for additional code lines which are not necessary

Probably true, I'll take that part out thanks.

what else does not work:

orly... that's an odd bug. It seems that the hardware is not initialized by Android...

I'll add it, but don't expect it to work anytime soon :p.

I remember this bug, related to the battery code. g3rm0's kernel isn't such a good solution, it just kills the battery provider... I'll see if I can bug a dev into fixing it. Not sure what the actual problem is - does this persist even in the newest autobuild kernels?

@arrrghhh, i think you should remove the sensor rotation part of the post,because could confuse people...but then again you're the boss,so do as you please

For the DIAM? Is that not required? Sorry 'bout that. I removed it ;). I want this to be a Blackstone-specific thread, after all it is in the Blackstone forum. So anything I can do to help newbies with Blackstones is great. Keep up the feedback, and let me know how I can improve!

all above quoted the same for me to......sometime loading apps can sometime take time to load and battery life falls quickly when downloading from market.........

Yup... apps loading for a while are partially due to the old hardware. Some of it might be the SD card being slow... NAND won't be a ton faster, but should give a little boost.

Battery life falls quickly because the battery driver is inherently flawed. There's some new battery software (SCBS) and it should improve this, but it doesn't seem like it'll be implemented into mainline anytime soon (many devices need support...)

welard

May 5, 2009
What recommendation do you have? I didn't think Swype was free..?

Probably true, I'll take that part out thanks.

orly... that's an odd bug. It seems that the hardware is not initialized by Android...

I'll add it, but don't expect it to work anytime soon :p.

I remember this bug, related to the battery code. g3rm0's kernel isn't such a good solution, it just kills the battery provider... I'll see if I can bug a dev into fixing it. Not sure what the actual problem is - does this persist even in the newest autobuild kernels?

For the DIAM? Is that not required? Sorry 'bout that. I removed it ;). I want this to be a Blackstone-specific thread, after all it is in the Blackstone forum. So anything I can do to help newbies with Blackstones is great. Keep up the feedback, and let me know how I can improve!

Yup... apps loading for a while are partially due to the old hardware. Some of it might be the SD card being slow... NAND won't be a ton faster, but should give a little boost.

Battery life falls quickly because the battery driver is inherently flawed. There's some new battery software (SCBS) and it should improve this, but it doesn't seem like it'll be implemented into mainline anytime soon (many devices need support...)

will we see meny of these fixes in frx07:) and gingerbread in the next release? (nice to see things are happening here again by the way)

Last edited:

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
@argh

swype is free,you just need to register and you gain access to swype beta

it's called beta because it is made for devices that don't come with if out of the box and therefore are still developing it,but it works great,nevertheless

Last edited:

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
will we see meny of these fixes in frx07:) and gingerbread in the next release? (nice to see things are happening here again by the way)

well actually,nothing is happening at all all this is available since march (except for some of the incremental updates which chronologically came out later)

welard

May 5, 2009
well actually,nothing is happening at all all this is available since march (except for some of the incremental updates which chronologically came out later)

what mean is help for making our blackstone run better because there was no one here to tell the problems we face on frx06 and gingerbread......now that arrrghhh is looking into our problems things mite just happen now.........

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
what mean is help for making our blackstone run better because there was no one here to tell the problems we face on frx06 and gingerbread......now that arrrghhh is looking into our problems things mite just happen now.........

they might,but arrrghhh is a tester,not sure if he is a dev himself,but he could help pursue devs to do it :p

as for improvements,very few improvements happened at all over last few months to any device supported by xdandroid project

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

I was always around, but having dedicated threads in the Blackstone section will help. I tried to get others to create threads to support Blackstone, but I guess no one ever did... So here I am! Trying to support without a device.

If anyone feels like donating a device, it would be much appreciated. XDAndroid will pay shipping if you're willing to donate the device to a dev!

they might,but arrrghhh is a tester,not sure if he is a dev himself,but he could help pursue devs to do it :p

as for improvements,very few improvements happened at all over last few months to any device supported by xdandroid project

This is not true! There's been a ton of development over the last few months... It happens in spurts, but there has been quite a bit.

I'm not much of a dev (played around with init, working on getting rid of manual ts-calibration) but I am 'lead tester' for the project, I maintain the wiki, releases, and track bugs on the bugtracker.

Last edited:

welard

May 5, 2009
I was always around, but having dedicated threads in the Blackstone section will help. I tried to get others to create threads to support Blackstone, but I guess no one ever did... So here I am! Trying to support without a device.

If anyone feels like donating a device, it would be much appreciated. XDAndroid will pay shipping if you're willing to donate the device to a dev!

This is not true! There's been a ton of development over the last few months... It happens in spurts, but there has been quite a bit.

I'm not much of a dev (played around with init, working on getting rid of manual ts-calibration) but I am 'lead tester' for the project, I maintain the wiki, releases, and track bugs on the bugtracker.

i have not a device to donate.....but if we all donate for a device that would speed things up much faster...... i think you should start a new thread for donate for a blackstone device......im sure theres lots of blackstone users willing to do this because the end result will pay off for all of us.......:)

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
i had a sod and now i can't boot,the animation just keeps looping...hw buttons vibrate then i touch them,but do not work....power button doesn't work either

happened to me once before,but i don't know what i did to solve it...i maybe deleted the data.img :p

this time i tried to wipe and format the partition,didn't help
i tried with fresh files (except for the data.img) but still nothing...

@arrrghhh: wanna swap with me for your rhodium,if you want it badly?

@werald and others:if we are going to donate a device,it'd be best to donate it do a dev,maybe stinebd,don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read this entire post!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>​

I have created a complete bundle of GingerBread with the newest kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and the newest rootfs from GIT (Feb 24).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps! We don't make empty promises, we just provide solid and complete builds. No ETA's, no threads without download links or instructions... Enjoy!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 11 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) file (updated Mar. 25 2011) by itself... Don't download this unless you know you want to update!!

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, GBX0A, copy its contents to the root (base) of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Download the ts-calibration file from this post (should work for BLAC) and extract the .zip to where you run haret.exe from - typically the root or 'base' folder of the SD card. Not within any folders, unless you run haret.exe from a folder!

**If you have issues with the above file, you must calibrate manually. To start manual calibration, just delete any ts-calibration files and boot. Sometimes this doesn't work, and you have to use an older kernel from GIT (I found 1225 works well) and generate the ts-calibration file by booting and pressing the 5 zones. Once you have a good calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a really good one :p), reboot & go back to the newest kernel from the autobuild service! Thanks**

6. Run haret.exe... Profit! :D

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins or so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot ;).

Troubleshooting:
    Please read the... FAQ
    If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
    There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get newer or archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 10. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them ;).

See Incremental Updates for more information on this topic of updating!!

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Obviously this build is Alpha, and there are going to be problems. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.

stinebd's original post HERE

Mar. 11 2011 Changelog
    Things broken in this build:

• libgps - explains itself, no GPS and probably no netloc (cell-tower based location)
    • HW3D is either not working, or just not preset - I ran neocore and let's just say a lot of textures are missing. Got a ridiculous score, but again - no textures, not much to render haha.

This line should be in the startup.txt file if that wasn't obvious ;).

Thanks to emc02 for that solution!
    • The keyboard should be fine, but I've had some Blackstone users complain - if you want, switch the keyboard out with another. mr_grisha's original post. Others have said this is a horrible keyboard, and you should just use Swype. I'm a big fan of use what works for you, so you folks make the decision for yourself!
    Anything that's broken in Froyo, is probably broken in this build.

Blackstone users - help me flesh out this section! Anything that's not working let me know!
    download ts-calibration from the 1st post and use it,if the issue persists,try downloading rootfs from xdandroid.com (rootfs is issued with key mapping)
    if that doesn't help come here again
    download ts-calibration from the 1st post and use it,if the issue persists,try downloading rootfs from xdandroid.com (rootfs is issued with key mapping)
    if that doesn't help come here again

I would also recommend to kulwant manual calibration if you're having issues with the provided ts-calibration file. Directions are in the first post, thanks.
    It needs gmail sign in and that i can't do as the keyoard in this gingerbread version is not working..

Mate, select the Japanese IMEI keyboard, and then type away. Remember, RTFM is only 3x 7, 2x 8, 3x 3, 1x 6. ;)