FORUMS

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Juice Defender settings

13th July 2011, 07:49 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

More
What settings do you use for Juice Defender. I've been messing with this app but is unsure on what is the best settings to use.

13th July 2011, 11:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I had it on balanced and it said it was saving me 1.22x batterylife and one day I switched it to custom and I swear I changed very little and now it shows 1.89.
Give that a try.
14th July 2011, 12:14 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I am a bit skeptical on these battery saving apps. They run in the background, using more memory and battery.

I'll mess with it a bit more...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e
14th July 2011, 12:24 AM |#4  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I only use Juice Defender to shut off mobile data when Wifi is turned on and when certain apps run... otherwise, I dont let it shut off my data or wifi because the phone has fantastic battery power, so I let it stay on 24/7.
14th July 2011, 12:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I use it to turn WiFi and data on or off by location.. night mode and on custom stewing and get about a day and a half on a charge with pretty heavy use

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
14th July 2011, 02:01 AM |#6  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliber177

I only use Juice Defender to shut off mobile data when Wifi is turned on and when certain apps run... otherwise, I dont let it shut off my data or wifi because the phone has fantastic battery power, so I let it stay on 24/7.

Mind sharing your settings?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
14th July 2011, 05:53 AM |#7  
Flag Tg.-Mures
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Actually juice defender does a very good job for the battery life mainly on stand-by. If you are unsure of the settings i suggest using the ,,balanced,, option. But here are some of my tips (i use a lot of 3g internet on my phone, so the settings are a little more internet-permissive )

About tab: I selected here turn data network on screen wake-up ( i use the friends stream network, mainly for twitter updates and i like to have a 3g connection rigt after i wake-up the screen (default is turn on 3g when you unlock)

Control tab: I didn.t change here anything, the default settings are good

Schedule : I choose some peak times here ( from 12 - 16 weekdays) when the 3g stays always on, even if i turn off the phone - i recive alot of emails during this time (also i set up mail peak times during this interval to 1h update)

This is what i changed on my device. It may not suit you or any other user, but as i said, personally i noticed a good change in battery life in standby (this is what Juice Defender actually does by turning off data connection when not needed, simple but effective)
14th July 2011, 09:48 AM |#8  
Flag Arendal
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I use the dim screen option, set at 55%, and min at 80%, max at 150% and enabled the dimmer option under about
14th July 2011, 10:18 AM |#9  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 109

More
I'm using mainly the default settings and so far so good.

The only issue i have found is that i could not install an .apk from SD card when juicedefender is active. I had to disable it in order for the "install" button to work! Any ideas?
14th July 2011, 12:50 PM |#10  
Stevenage
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I love juice defender, it says it gets me 1.90x more battery.

i use custom setting and i have night time where it disables most things between certain times when im asleep, the apps i tell it turn things like twitter and stocks not to access internet at all, as i dont even use them.

its very clever and i have just looked at the advanced options and there is so much more you can do. need to learn a bit more about it before i used advanced.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread