Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Juice Defender settings

Tip us?

nicky041192
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Juice Defender settings

What settings do you use for Juice Defender. I've been messing with this app but is unsure on what is the best settings to use.

NinetoFive
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I had it on balanced and it said it was saving me 1.22x batterylife and one day I switched it to custom and I swear I changed very little and now it shows 1.89.
Give that a try.

nicky041192
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I am a bit skeptical on these battery saving apps. They run in the background, using more memory and battery.

I'll mess with it a bit more...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

Follow me ^^

caliber177
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I only use Juice Defender to shut off mobile data when Wifi is turned on and when certain apps run... otherwise, I dont let it shut off my data or wifi because the phone has fantastic battery power, so I let it stay on 24/7.

droopypillow
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I use it to turn WiFi and data on or off by location.. night mode and on custom stewing and get about a day and a half on a charge with pretty heavy use

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

DeFiant*X
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliber177 View Post
I only use Juice Defender to shut off mobile data when Wifi is turned on and when certain apps run... otherwise, I dont let it shut off my data or wifi because the phone has fantastic battery power, so I let it stay on 24/7.
Mind sharing your settings?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
G1 < Nexus One < Sensation

snowblindd
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Actually juice defender does a very good job for the battery life mainly on stand-by. If you are unsure of the settings i suggest using the ,,balanced,, option. But here are some of my tips (i use a lot of 3g internet on my phone, so the settings are a little more internet-permissive )

About tab: I selected here turn data network on screen wake-up ( i use the friends stream network, mainly for twitter updates and i like to have a 3g connection rigt after i wake-up the screen (default is turn on 3g when you unlock)

Control tab: I didn.t change here anything, the default settings are good

Schedule : I choose some peak times here ( from 12 - 16 weekdays) when the 3g stays always on, even if i turn off the phone - i recive alot of emails during this time (also i set up mail peak times during this interval to 1h update)

This is what i changed on my device. It may not suit you or any other user, but as i said, personally i noticed a good change in battery life in standby (this is what Juice Defender actually does by turning off data connection when not needed, simple but effective)

Utking
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I use the dim screen option, set at 55%, and min at 80%, max at 150% and enabled the dimmer option under about
My phones:
HTC touch diamond.
HTC Hero.
HTC Sensation

ardsar
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I'm using mainly the default settings and so far so good.

The only issue i have found is that i could not install an .apk from SD card when juicedefender is active. I had to disable it in order for the "install" button to work! Any ideas?
-----------------------------------------------
HTC One M8

Subsx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I love juice defender, it says it gets me 1.90x more battery.

i use custom setting and i have night time where it disables most things between certain times when im asleep, the apps i tell it turn things like twitter and stocks not to access internet at all, as i dont even use them.

its very clever and i have just looked at the advanced options and there is so much more you can do. need to learn a bit more about it before i used advanced.