MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Juice Defender settings

OP nicky041192

13th July 2011, 08:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

643 posts
More
What settings do you use for Juice Defender. I've been messing with this app but is unsure on what is the best settings to use.
14th July 2011, 12:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

128 posts
More
I had it on balanced and it said it was saving me 1.22x batterylife and one day I switched it to custom and I swear I changed very little and now it shows 1.89.
Give that a try.
14th July 2011, 01:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

643 posts
More
I am a bit skeptical on these battery saving apps. They run in the background, using more memory and battery.

I'll mess with it a bit more...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e
14th July 2011, 01:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 59

639 posts
More
I only use Juice Defender to shut off mobile data when Wifi is turned on and when certain apps run... otherwise, I dont let it shut off my data or wifi because the phone has fantastic battery power, so I let it stay on 24/7.
14th July 2011, 01:35 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

95 posts
I use it to turn WiFi and data on or off by location.. night mode and on custom stewing and get about a day and a half on a charge with pretty heavy use

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
14th July 2011, 03:01 AM   |  #6  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliber177

I only use Juice Defender to shut off mobile data when Wifi is turned on and when certain apps run... otherwise, I dont let it shut off my data or wifi because the phone has fantastic battery power, so I let it stay on 24/7.

Mind sharing your settings?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
14th July 2011, 06:53 AM   |  #7  
Flag Tg.-Mures
Thanks Meter: 49

517 posts
More
Actually juice defender does a very good job for the battery life mainly on stand-by. If you are unsure of the settings i suggest using the ,,balanced,, option. But here are some of my tips (i use a lot of 3g internet on my phone, so the settings are a little more internet-permissive )

About tab: I selected here turn data network on screen wake-up ( i use the friends stream network, mainly for twitter updates and i like to have a 3g connection rigt after i wake-up the screen (default is turn on 3g when you unlock)

Control tab: I didn.t change here anything, the default settings are good

Schedule : I choose some peak times here ( from 12 - 16 weekdays) when the 3g stays always on, even if i turn off the phone - i recive alot of emails during this time (also i set up mail peak times during this interval to 1h update)

This is what i changed on my device. It may not suit you or any other user, but as i said, personally i noticed a good change in battery life in standby (this is what Juice Defender actually does by turning off data connection when not needed, simple but effective)
14th July 2011, 10:48 AM   |  #8  
Flag Arendal
Thanks Meter: 57

290 posts
More
I use the dim screen option, set at 55%, and min at 80%, max at 150% and enabled the dimmer option under about
14th July 2011, 11:18 AM   |  #9  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 109

1,965 posts
More
I'm using mainly the default settings and so far so good.

The only issue i have found is that i could not install an .apk from SD card when juicedefender is active. I had to disable it in order for the "install" button to work! Any ideas?
14th July 2011, 01:50 PM   |  #10  
Stevenage
Thanks Meter: 1

87 posts
I love juice defender, it says it gets me 1.90x more battery.

i use custom setting and i have night time where it disables most things between certain times when im asleep, the apps i tell it turn things like twitter and stocks not to access internet at all, as i dont even use them.

its very clever and i have just looked at the advanced options and there is so much more you can do. need to learn a bit more about it before i used advanced.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread