Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 50,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Roms review 99% done =)

Tip us?

svyr
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by djx24 View Post
I tried that to, didn't work.
strange, worked for me.

I don't know if I like the rom though...
Before CM15 used to reboot randomly when a lot of things were open - chat, opera mobile, market, etc. Now android seems to close bg processes down when that happpens, but (at least?) it doesn't reboot.

So I went from a really unstable OS to something that looks like single-tasking.
Interesting the settings in CM settings relating to resource reclaiming are off, so I'm at a loss how to tune this

shravanchoudhary9
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by djx24 View Post

[ROM] Cyanogen Froyo CM6-Latest (based on MiniCM) - v6.01 - created by slade87
I didnít have any problems with this ROM, slade87 tried to take out the Sonyís stuff and it works.
The camera app itís different from the other ones (I couldnít figure it out but I think itís the default android app?)
You could say bye bye to the album of SE, cause there is an app called Gallery 3D, itís pretty good and simple.
Iíll be honest, I never like ADW, Iím more a Launcher Pro guy, but this theme, itís smooth and with the option to ďseparateĒ the apps from each otherís itís great.
The Flash player doesnít work on the browser (damn you SE) but itís installed so you can open swf files. (I didnít try)
Bugs I found:
- Seems like, the keyboard light turns on with the keyboard closed :S (I think itís fixable thanks to D4rKn3sSyS)
- The sms doesnít have the option to save costs to.
- Itís possible to access the power options (by pressing the power button) even the phone itís lock.

[ROM] Cyanogen Gingerbread CM7 based on MiniCM for MiniPro (v15.0) - created by slade87
What a disappointmentÖ I was expecting much more from this ROM 
The best:
The profiles in the power options, that my friend itís a damn good idea!
The worst/bugs:
The wifi was crazy, it was almost impossible to download via market the Quadrant Standard Edition to benchmark this ROM.
The camera doesnít support full resolution (I think slade itís working on that)
The screen goes off when it feels like, I mean even if you are navigating throw the menu, the screen goes off.
When someone calls you, the option to answer or not itís in front of the name.
The sms doesnít have the option to save costs to
Itís possible to access the power options (by pressing the power button) even the phone itís lock.

[ROM]CyaNo (R)Evolution v1.3 & CyaNoComb v1.2 - created by slade87

This is a cleaner version of Cyanogen Froyo CM6-Latest (based on MiniCM) - v6.01.
The bugs are the same except:
Itís possible to access the power options (by pressing the power button) even the phone itís lock.

[ROM] SonyBread 4.0 Final - created by paul-xxx

I couldnít run this ROM because it loop in the gingerbread boot animation

[ROM 16-07-2011] Andread 2.2.9 Pro v7f - created by pumakkiotto

Sorry but I couldnít review totally this ROM because of the updates :S My phone stuck at SE logo every time I tried to update with the ďfix c.1.0 ok.zipĒ file.
The phone reboot one time while I was using the voice app, donít know I why but isnít important.
The camera app itís very good, lots of options I think itís the vignette app (correct me if Iím wrong)
The launcher itís simple and cool, but doesnít support horizontal mode.
This is a very lightly and fast ROM, very good work
Bugs I found:
- The keyboard layout (I didnít test the slade87 method, but I think it works )
- The launcher doesnít save the order of apps.
- The sms doesnít have the option to save costs

[ROM] CyaNoComb v1.3 - created by D4rKn3sSyS
I couldnít test this ROM at all because the setup wizard always stops after I change the clock settings and then I donít have a launcher :S
I tried to install the ROM twice.
well now try cynocomb 1.4 and give again results its now solved.i assume its most stablest rom

This is the cost saving I'm talking about, I take this screen shot from the SONY's ROM
s
lets see what will be results

[SIC]
Old
Thanks Meter 67
[ROM] CyaNo (R)Evolution v1.3 - created by slade87

This is a cleaner version of Cyanogen Froyo CM6-Latest (based on MiniCM) - v5.0.
Bugs:
It lacks some goodies like theme chooser and have only the one lockscreen unlockbar.
The works: Stable as stock rom and has the stuff like all the other roms, change OC/UV, dualtouch etc.

[ROM] CyaNoComb 1.3/1.4 ?Cleaner version of D4's FroyoComb?

The only thing thats really bugged me, nevertheless good job on reviewing a good solid amount of roms

Emperor.dk
Old
(Last edited by Emperor.dk; 2nd August 2011 at 01:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 711
Nice thread.
It's all about the eyecandy and stability when it comes to ROMs.

Suggestion

1) We need more screenshots.

2) Devide into sections like this:

Eclair (2.1)Froyo (2.2)Gingerbread (2.3) (VGA-video only)

BPaul
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7244

DONATE TO ME
djx24
To start sonybread.
1) Install minicm7 v15 by slade 87
2) install sonybread and don't wipe data (Factroy Reset full wipe don't make)
- Index - GitHub - VK - Facebook - Google+ -
Devices
  • Xperia acro S
  • Optimus Black
Xperia Overlay for S/Ion/acro S/ Soon
All custom firmwares, where mentioned Bravia Engine, xLOUD, Beats Audio, Dolby Mobile. Are not based on the stock firmware from SONY or HTC very very poor. Remember that!
Click thanks button please