Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[URGENT REQUEST] Spanish (Movistar?) Atrix user needed ASAP

Tip us?

eval-
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 332
Default [URGENT REQUEST] Spanish (Movistar?) Atrix user needed ASAP

We are trying to determine whether IHOP international edition might brick Spanish (Movistar?) users. NO, please DO NOT flash the new unlockable bootloader yet.

First, I need you to root, as described here or using Gingerbreak or any other method.

Second, we need to know the contents of the
Code:
/sys/firmware/fuse/ReservedOdm
fuse, which you can "cat" in adb shell (after 'su') or open with Root Explorer.

Third, the following files would also be very useful:
/default.prop
/system/default.prop
/system/build.prop
/osh/etc/oshwt-version.txt

Finally, we need to know the signing keys from your build. AS root:
Code:
busybox strings /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 | busybox grep Motorola
(If you get a busybox error, PM me immediately and I will provide a better busybox and update the instructions appropriately.)

PS. It would also help to know your memory layout. If you could turn off your phone and adb this command:
Code:
adb wait-for-device shell "dmesg | /usr/bin/head -100"
Then, turn on your phone, wait, and pastie.org or attach the result in your zip on this post, that would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to eval- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adlx.xda
Old
(Last edited by adlx.xda; 15th July 2011 at 11:55 AM.)
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 765

DONATE TO ME
Use the preinstall method to root. FYI, the Gingrebreak method wouldn't work on mine (Movistar Spain Atrix).

Btw, I've got a full system dump I made before the brick (except data & cache).

So I'll extract the requested files later and share them here with you.

FYI, Pzyduck from M3 managed to obtain the stock sbf for Retail ES, it's published in the Atrix firmware superthread just in case you want to inspect some more files. See here

Here's the info from my phone, dumped by MSU (MST.txt):

07/13/11 09:13:28 Technology: UMTS 3G
07/13/11 09:13:28 Flex File: UCAOLYPB1B8EU049.0R
07/13/11 09:13:28 Software: OLYEM_U4_4.3.3
07/13/11 09:13:28 PRI:
07/13/11 09:13:28 Kjava:
07/13/11 09:13:28 BootLoader: 0007
07/13/11 09:13:28 LangPack:
07/13/11 09:13:28 Internal Carrier Name: N / A
07/13/11 09:13:28 Carrier Name: N / A
07/13/11 09:13:28 Model Number: N / A
07/13/11 09:13:28 AP Setup Flex:
07/13/11 09:13:28 AP Resource Flex:
07/13/11 09:13:28 AP Logo Flex:
07/13/11 09:13:28 AP Secure Setup Flex:
07/13/11 09:13:28 AP ROFS:
07/13/11 09:13:28 AP ROFSExtension:
07/13/11 09:13:28 AP Flex: GAS_EMEA_USAOLYPRTES_P029

Is the BootLoader: 0007 relevant here?

EDIT: I've attached the files I could get.

webtop version is : OSHWT_U1_6.61.18
Attached Files
File Type: zip AtrixSpainFiles.zip - [Click for QR Code] (11.8 KB, 53 views)
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pzyduck
Old
Thanks Meter 788
Thanks adlx, good luck

eval-
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Big thanks to both of you!

I looked at the signing keys in that SBF but they looked the same as the other international ones =/ And if your ReservedOdm WAS different than all the other internationals, (and in such a way that could brick you by using their bootloader) I would expect Spanish Movistar users to have (big) problems flashing a LOT of .sbf files!

So, quick question: had you flashed any other, non-Movistar .sbf successfully, before your brick? If so, it is probably not worth bothering nothize to disassemble the bootloader in the Movistar .sbf. But then it is even more a mystery how you bricked =( Let us know if you find another Movistar Atrix...

adlx.xda
Old
Thanks Meter 765

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
So, quick question: had you flashed any other, non-Movistar .sbf successfully, before your brick? If so, it is probably not worth bothering nothize to disassemble the bootloader in the Movistar .sbf. But then it is even more a mystery how you bricked =( Let us know if you find another Movistar Atrix...
Nop, I didn't flash any sbf before the IHOP one.

This is not the first sbf I flash (as I owe 5 Motorola phones, and one, the Defy I have had to reflash it quite a lot), but after updating the Motorola drivers and updating also RSD to 5.3.1 yes, it was the first sbf I flashed on a phone...

Actually to me it is a mistery too how it could have bricked. I have never seen that in RSD lite before. Now I'm pretty much afraid to flash any sbf on any phone, would the problem be in my computer (rsd, drivers,...). Don't want to screw another phone! And I don't know how I could safely "test" my setup, without risking another brick.
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT

eval-
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Well, ideal is you have a person with an Atrix from Movistar so we can look at the ReservedOdm fuse. If it is different, we check out the Movistar bootloader. If not, then I would say we still want to try IHOP on another Movistar before declaring it impossible. Using a PC which has successfully flashed the normal Movistar .sbf to the phone. Hopefully this friend would already have an insurance policy on their phone... wish I had more ideas but yes, it's a mystery. First time I hear of no screen output at all especially if the LED still lights up. Do you have the RSD logs from the day of flash? Though I suspect they say everything went OK, it is still worth to check... Probably in AppData/Local, or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda View Post
Nop, I didn't flash any sbf before the IHOP one.

Actually to me it is a mistery too how it could have bricked. I have never seen that in RSD lite before. Now I'm pretty much afraid to flash any sbf on any phone, would the problem be in my computer (rsd, drivers,...). Don't want to screw another phone! And I don't know how I could safely "test" my setup, without risking another brick.
The Following User Says Thank You to eval- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adlx.xda
Old
Thanks Meter 765

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
Well, ideal is you have a person with an Atrix from Movistar so we can look at the ReservedOdm fuse. If it is different, we check out the Movistar bootloader. If not, then I would say we still want to try IHOP on another Movistar before declaring it impossible. Using a PC which has successfully flashed the normal Movistar .sbf to the phone. Hopefully this friend would already have an insurance policy on their phone... wish I had more ideas but yes, it's a mystery. First time I hear of no screen output at all especially if the LED still lights up. Do you have the RSD logs from the day of flash? Though I suspect they say everything went OK, it is still worth to check... Probably in AppData/Local, or?
Hopefully I will get another one, so at least I should be able to get the commands output on it . Don't know yet if I'll have the b*lls to flash it again LOL.

I don't think it's just the screen that isn't working, because I tried to place it in RSD Mode (power + vol up IIRC), and RSD wouldn't see it.

Actually I can get the led light green in very rare conditions, like half-plugging the power-outlet usb cord in the Atrix. By half plugging I mean if I don't plug it totally inside, but I just "start" to plug it. IIRC, it's when I have the battery pulled. The green led lights up, then when I finish to plug the usb cord the led turns off again. That's not much...

adlx.xda
Old
(Last edited by adlx.xda; 20th July 2011 at 12:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 765

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs down RSD log of the failed flash

Here is the log of my failed flash:

Code:
11:00:54,  July 14, 2011
Line: 2085
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode
File: D:\GitProjectsReleases\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashOp.cpp
Device ID: 0

11:01:05,  July 14, 2011
Line: 768
ERROR: Phone[0000]: The "Motorola_Flash" Interface could not be found.

The super-file is not secure and for re-flash; 

the phone needs a super-file that is not secure and for reflash.
File: D:\GitProjectsReleases\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\MIFlash.cpp

11:01:05,  July 14, 2011
Line: 610
ERROR: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (Error Code: be),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=257
File: D:\GitProjectsReleases\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
I've also uploaded two screnshots of RSD Lite at the time of the error, here.

malevoli
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi there!

On August 13th I received my Atrix 4G from Movistar and went out on holidays, I'd just arrived now and I would like to help.

I have a brand new movistar atrix 4G
System version: 4.4.33.MB860.Retail.en.ES
Android version: 2.2.2
Base band version: N_01.95.00R
Webtop version: OSHWT_U1_6.61.18

I'd read I must be root so I'm going to root the phone and please tell me if you still need my help, since the date of this post its a bit old...

PS: Im going to use OneClick Method to root the phone, it seems pretty easy and fast.

malevoli
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Bah, SuperOneClick fails, but this other method works like a charm!!
briefmobile.com/motorola-atrix-4g-root
I'm going to backup my apps with Titanium Backup and make the test you specified on post #1