Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,530 Members 42,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[14.JUL.11][ROM]CleanViewpad7 v1.0|APPS2SD|CWM

Tip us?

skink123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Default [14.JUL.11][ROM]CleanViewpad7 v1.0|APPS2SD|CWM

CleanViewpad7 v1.0
based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2

With installed ADW Launcher EX:

This build is for Viewsonic Viewpad 7. Iíve made this build mainly because I had one big problem with stock one Ė it was offering little space for my apps. I've used this opportunity to add extra features and remove some annoying ones. Here is the list of changes:
  • based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2
  • added Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 functionality (require that you have extra partition on your SD card for storing your apps; exact procedure to create one is described in installation procedure)
  • fully deodexed and zipalligned ROM
  • ROM is rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
  • installed BusyBox with support for init.d scripts
  • replaced "Welcome" boot animation with stock android 2.2 animation
  • installed Gingerbread keyboard
  • installed Morelocale2 for more languages
  • modified framework-res.apk and services.jar with Gingerbread look like + % battery
  • removed Aldiko,RSS, TouchPAL_M20
  • updated gapps to newest version (Gmail, GoogleQuickSearchBox, Maps, Market, VoiceSearch) & YouTube
  • modified host file for ad-free
Now you donít have to worry about decreasing internal storage when you install more application. You donít also lose access to application when you phone is connected in drive mode to computer, because application data is being hold on ext3 partition on SD card. That partition isnít mounted when your phone is connected to computer. The things that are redirected to this partition are: /data/app, /data/app-private and /data/dalvik-cache. Firmware should also work with compatible devices such as: Cherry Mobile Superion, Commtiva Linx N700, Olivepad VT-100, Spice MI700, and Camangi FM600 but I don't have these devices, so I cannot verify. As always make a backup before installing any custom firmwares.

Requirements:
Changelog:
V1.0
  • initial release

Installation:
  1. Power down your device.
  2. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
  3. Upon power up you will see the birds logo and 'enter recovery' text in the top left corner of the screen.
  4. Use the volume keys to step through the menu, power to select and back. (there is bug in clockwork when you press volume keys it jumps 2 steps; to jump one step press and hold volume and then press power to select)
  5. Select the "advanced->Partition SD Card" item, next select size for your Apps2SD partition (1024MB recommended), next select 0 as size of swap partition. (Remember that this will delete all data on your SD card, so make backup of SD card if you need !!!)
  6. After the partitioning will be done select the "reboot system now" item.
  7. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip to root folder of SD card.
  8. Power down your device.
  9. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
  10. Select the "backup and restore->Backup" item to make a backup of the current firmware in case something goes wrong. The backed up ROM should be located in: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/date&time/
  11. Select the "wipe data/factory reset->Yes Ė delete all user dataĒ to clear old stuff.
  12. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip.
  13. After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item. First boot may take a few minutes.

Migrate from stock or another build:
  1. Make backup of your phone using Titanium Backup (select all user applications).
  2. Copy all files and folders from SD card to local folder on your computer.
  3. Install Clockwork Recovery Partition, create partition on SD card and install ROM as described in installation guide.
  4. Copy all files and folders from local folder on your computer back to SD card.
  5. Restore applications using Titanium Backup and reboot your phone.

Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/79WKJUXMX5
Credits to:
  • Darktremor
  • hucqim80
  • dsixda
  • mendozinas
  • -Mr. X-

If you like my work please consider donating:

Thanks everyone for donations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	25823
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	654698   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	24984
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	654699   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	24853
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	654700   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	24781
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	654701   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	25434
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	654702  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	24671
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	654703   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	24750
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	654704  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to skink123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mb-14
Old
(Last edited by mb-14; 19th July 2011 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 300
Nice work bro.although it would be better to use the latest a2sd version of darktremor(2.7.5.3)
which supports ext4 partition and data2sd feature.so instead of adding a2sd 2.7.5.2 you can provide a link to the flashable zip of the latest DT-a2sd (http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2s...a04-signed.zip). it works i have tested it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mb-14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

haree
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 691
hi
thanks i have downloaded this from ur tablet rom post
thanks a mill this is exactly what i want will use the same give u a feedback on the same
thanks
hari
The Following User Says Thank You to haree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

haree
Old
(Last edited by haree; 21st July 2011 at 09:17 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 691
Thumbs up works on Olivepad VT-100

hi
this is FYI for Olivepad VT-100 users
i have Flashed this ROM and works for Olivepad VT-100
thanks for this nice rom ill give a feed back latter as i have just installed the same

Feedback
not sure if the apps are getting installed on the SD the first time i installed the ROM i did a data/factory reset
installed the rom and i had only 118MB phone storage(i have the ext partition done before stating the process)
ok then i re in stalled rom again and i still see 118 MB so i tried installed skype its a 7MB file but still i see 1MB used on the phone
not confy with titanium and i have a similar rom installed on my samsung galaxy 3
on that all i do is install the new rom without any wipe and the same works
kindly advise on the same as i really would like the apps2SD working

thanks
hari
The Following User Says Thank You to haree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

haree
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlehome View Post
Nice work bro.although it would be better to use the latest a2sd version of darktremor(2.7.5.3)
which supports ext4 partition and data2sd feature.so instead of adding a2sd 2.7.5.2 you can provide a link to the flashable zip of the latest DT-a2sd (http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2s...a04-signed.zip). it works i have tested it.
hi
i installed this attachment on ur ROM via CWM and bang i got 154MB free on phone Storage and i can see than all installed app are on my SD so i would like to confirm that this works

one small request im more confy with the Touchpad keyboard i did try installing the one i had of the original rom its getting installed but im not getting an option to use it i think because ur apps are deodexed and the official on coming on stok rom is only odexed can any one help on this pls
but thanks now i got exactly what i want
hari

joethc
Old
(Last edited by joethc; 22nd July 2011 at 11:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
I have had huge issues getting this to flash properly, keep getting to the 3 birds and no further...followed your steps exactly...1gb ext part thru cwm and wiped everything...would flashing from another custom rom affect this ? should i try from stock maybe?
Note 2 OMNIROM 4.4 Custom.... zerolemon 9000mah battery 6 days... 16 hours screen on time....
ASUS NEXUS 7 TILAPIA Todays build
Telus Galaxy S3 i747M- D2ATT-CM11 Custom
Galaxy Tab P1000 - CM10.2 CUSTOM
Telus Fascinate T959D-CM10.1-JL3
Retired:Htc Desire, viewpad7, liquid e, x51v, hx2790b, toshiba e750, nx70v.

haree
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethc View Post
I have had huge issues getting this to flash properly, keep getting to the 3 birds and no further...followed your steps exactly...1gb ext part thru cwm and wiped everything...would flashing from another custom rom affect this ? should i try from stock maybe?
hi
i flashed from stock ROM
try flashing from stock rom it should work

joethc
Old
Thanks Meter 34
flashed back to stock, rooted, flashed cwm through adb shell, reboot to recovery, wipe data /factory reset...install cleanviewpad7 signed zip and it still sticks at the 3 birds gets no further after waiting 10mins one time and 20 the next....any other ideas? I dont know why this is not working for me...I can flash other roms no problem using sut or cwm.....it seems to be flashing the file really fast ...open to anything i really want to get this going
Note 2 OMNIROM 4.4 Custom.... zerolemon 9000mah battery 6 days... 16 hours screen on time....
ASUS NEXUS 7 TILAPIA Todays build
Telus Galaxy S3 i747M- D2ATT-CM11 Custom
Galaxy Tab P1000 - CM10.2 CUSTOM
Telus Fascinate T959D-CM10.1-JL3
Retired:Htc Desire, viewpad7, liquid e, x51v, hx2790b, toshiba e750, nx70v.

haree
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 691
hi buddy
i tried to help with what ever limited knowledge i had based on my experience
sorry im not a techie i just go by the instructions given and do it
even yesterday i flashed another rom and re flashed this one everything went well for me
so sorry i think on one of the developer can help u as i dont seem to understand why u are having this problem sorry im not able to help u

Quote:
flashed back to stock, rooted, flashed cwm through adb shell, reboot to recovery, wipe data /factory reset...install cleanviewpad7 signed zip and it still sticks at the 3 birds gets no further after waiting 10mins one time and 20 the next....any other ideas? I dont know why this is not working for me...I can flash other roms no problem using sut or cwm.....it seems to be flashing the file really fast ...open to anything i really want to get this going

mb-14
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Remember to wipe your data,cache as well as dalvik cache before flashing the rom.

Tags
2.2.2, apps2sd, viewpad, viewpad 7, viewsonic