PerkaROM Template at the end of this post.
Stock firmware :
In this guide JVP 2.3.4
How to :
* Get the modem and kernel (zImage) you want to use
* Un tar PDA.tar and CSC.tar
* Use Magic iso to extract factoryfs.rfs, Got to File, Open,
choose show all files and browse to the facoryfs and open, when open right click the NO NAME, up to your left and extract it.
* So now make a folder called system
* Put the extracted factoryfs in the system folder and zip it. (I use no compression as its faster)
* Now u have a zip called system.zip with a system folder in it.
* Put the system.zip in the dsi kitchen folder /original_update
* Start the kitchen and use option 1, go with default options.
* Use option 0 advanced, then 11 and then option b to deodex system apk and framework, and w8
* Now save the system folder from working folder in the Kitchen
* Get my template
* Dont extract the Template just open it in winrar or similar.
* Copy your modem and zImage (kernel) to the update folder
* Now copy your system to the template /system
* Use Magic iso to extract cache.rfs, Got to File, Open,
choose show all files and browse to the cache.rfs and open, when open right click the NO NAME, up to your left and extract it.
* Unzip the sec_csc.zip and copy the files to system, (1 csc folder and 2 files)
* Now u should have a working stock ROM to flash in CWM (rooted)
* After testing the ROM you can optimize and zipalign it.
* In apk manager folder /place-apk-here-to-batch-optimize you put
framework-res.apk, twframework-res.apk and all system apks but not these:
AxT9IME, Camera, Email, MMS, Phone, Screen Capture, Settings, Swype, Thinkdroid, Voice search
* Choose option 15
* Then choose both(zp)
* Let it run and done.
* Now put back the apks where they belong in the ROM.
* Flash your optimized ROM and feel the difference!
Here is a video of the guide made by Flozzo so go and press his thx button
Check out his Theme here
Thank you Flozzo!!!
Press the thank you button if you like the guide THX!
You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?