Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NEED HELP! Semi-Brick MT3G 32A 3.5mm

Tip us?

gundamwfan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] NEED HELP! Semi-Brick MT3G 32A 3.5mm

Good evening viewers, I'm an amateur, but experienced android rooter and I've accidentally worked myself into a tight spot with this dag-blasted MT3G. I was rooting for a friend, thinking it would be simple (like my HTC Hero) and then about halfway through the process, somehow I ended up flashing a different Sappimg and now it's stuck and unusable. It's a T-Mobile MyTouch, with the 3.5mm jack, and I ONLY have access to HBOOT and fastboot. somehow, the recovery has disappeared. it will not boot up into the phone's software at all. I can't seem to find the correct SAPPIMG file for it, and I've been looking extensively. I'll post the info for the phone below.

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT 1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
CPLD-13
RADIO 6.35.10.18

and after running the getvar command as the expert suggested, my version is this:

My CID is T-MOB10

any assistance would be appreciated.

mumilover
Old
(Last edited by mumilover; 15th July 2011 at 05:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Ok... here it goes.
Download these to begin with while you READ.
http://rapidshare.com/files/45099641...al_sappimg.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/43675394..._-_sappimg.zip
https://rapidshare.com/files/454052569/2.10.531.4.zip

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ EVERYTHING I WRITE.

The problem is that the device has conflicting spl and radio combo. The spl has an idea of where the radio should be and how big ect. When they are not matching the flash of a new radio will most likely fail.
To fix this problem, we need to flash a spl compatible with the 6.35 radio.
But the problem lies in the following. All the RUU/sappimg with a spl compatible with the 6.35 has a higher version than yours(starts with 3 something). If we update the version, we cannot flash the desired sappimg which follows. The goldcard will only update up in verion nr, NOT down.

Here comes the trick: We don't let it update the version nr :0)
The special sappimg.zip is part of a 2 step update from HTC. The first part (which i have given you) will update spl, radio and boot partitions only and then restart. It will not touch the version nr until the second part is applied. Well.. we don't need the second part, because by now we have matching spl/radio combo.

Once the spl is updated and the system restarted, we can now flash any ruu we want using the goldcard. We could flash the sappimg.zip with a eng spl inbuilt like the 2.53.707.2 sappimg. Or, just flash stock MT3G 32A 3.5 MM rom.

The steps to follow:
1) Read and understand the above.
2) Rename special_sappimg.zip to sappimg.zip
3) Make sure that you have a working goldcard and flash the sappimg.zip
The device should reboot by it's self. If you get any error saying model id is no correct, you have a faulty goldcard. Also, please verify that the spl has changed to 1.76.xxxx. (flash by holding volume decrease (-) together with power and wait for the hboot to automatically pick up the file)
4) Once the device has rebooted, you should rename the 2.53.707.2_-_sappimg.zip to sappimg.zip and flash it using the goldcard. This image should give you an eng spl. If you device will not accept it/or you wish to have stock image, then rename the stock sappimg(2.10.531.4) to sappimg.zip and flash it the same way as the special sappimg.
5) If you indeed get the eng spl, then you have full control and we can do almost anything we want. Just post here and we can take it from there. The eng spl has the following nr: 1.33.2010.
If you flashed the stock sappimg, then you only need to root and flash custom recovery and you should almost be there... also here post the progress and we will take it from there.
Hope that you will succeed... Good luck :0)
If I was helpful or you liked my tools, please remember to DONATE and/or hit that "Thanks" button.
APK(s) Installer tool
HTC Magic: 4 easy steps ROOT guide
Fastboot Commander v.1.51
Fastboot Commander(HTC magic version)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mumilover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gundamwfan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I wish I could tell you that this worked, but it hasn't. I'm only on the first step, because it flashes the bootloader ok, but then hands at the very end of flashing the radio update. No idea why.
The Following User Says Thank You to gundamwfan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gundamwfan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quick update: It actually did flash the bootloader, so I'm on the SPL you suggested, but the radio is still 6.35 and S-On is still there. I'm attempting to flash the second image now, it's been 4 minutes and it's still unzipping system. It might be low battery or something, so I'll charge it tonight and attack it in the morning. Just in case, do you want me to retry flashing the first sappimg, since it hung while installing the radio and eventually shut down?

mumilover
Old
(Last edited by mumilover; 16th July 2011 at 07:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamwfan View Post
since it hung while installing the radio and eventually shut down?
Thats what we WANT.
I quote: "When they are not matching, the flash of a new radio will most likely fail."
We are only interested in the spl/bootloader. The spl and radio should match by now (spl 1.76 and radio .6.35) .. that's all... and the main version should not had changed. So, it's all as we want, and it SHOULD restart as i stated earlier :0)
If I was helpful or you liked my tools, please remember to DONATE and/or hit that "Thanks" button.
APK(s) Installer tool
The Following User Says Thank You to mumilover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gundamwfan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Okay. Well, it installed the bootloader as I said, but didn't finish the rest of the process. So I'm trying the second sappimg now, and it's been 2 minutes and it's still unzipping the first part, but the progress bar isn't moving. I'll keep you updated.

gundamwfan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Still no luck Mumilover, it just hangs at unzipping the SYSTEM.

mumilover
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
have you tried the stock image ?
APK(s) Installer tool
The Following User Says Thank You to mumilover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gundamwfan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I have, and it too hangs while updating the radio. I don't know what it is, but that's the same thing that happened with the first sappimg like I told you, installs the bootloader just fine, then hangs at the radio.

mumilover
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
what is your fastboot info now?
APK(s) Installer tool