Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Droid X2 System Recovery + Instruction

OP c21johnson

16th October 2011, 06:59 AM   |  #221  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 181
 
1,156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
Anyone know exactly why BSR gets trashed by a factory reset? Is it that is is not a system app? Could it be made into a sys app?
16th October 2011, 07:07 AM   |  #222  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 201
 
1,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwoodwiva

Anyone know exactly why BSR gets trashed by a factory reset? Is it that is is not a system app? Could it be made into a sys app?

You can make anything a system app

Use root explorer, place it in system/app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
16th October 2011, 05:12 PM   |  #223  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 181
 
1,156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
It is a sys app already. But it uses a data path(super man).
It seems one would rather do a data "wipe" from settings/privacy rather(never) than from bsr. Then never be caught w/ having to sbf. Are they equivalent?
Can one aviod making bsr/datawipe an "oh shi* button"?
Last edited by skwoodwiva; 16th October 2011 at 05:24 PM.
13th June 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #224  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I have a problem I am not able to install recover. It gives me an error: "Install failure, error running exec(). Command:[su, -c . /data/data/com.tenfar.a4.recovery/files/surunner.sh] Working directory: null, Environment:null".. What is the deal i was able to do a system recovery before..
14th June 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #225  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416
 
2,149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsneed

I have a problem I am not able to install recover. It gives me an error: "Install failure, error running exec(). Command:[su, -c . /data/data/com.tenfar.a4.recovery/files/surunner.sh] Working directory: null, Environment:null".. What is the deal i was able to do a system recovery before..

Just had this issue a couple days ago...had to sbf.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2
24th September 2013, 06:21 PM   |  #226  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Recovery.img
is there a Recovery.img file i can flash? i have made backups but i cannot access them because the device is stuck on the Motorola logo when booting. I can still access fastboot, so i think i only need to flash a Recovery.img file that will work.
25th September 2013, 05:35 AM   |  #227  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
4,868 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superblitz

is there a Recovery.img file i can flash? i have made backups but i cannot access them because the device is stuck on the Motorola logo when booting. I can still access fastboot, so i think i only need to flash a Recovery.img file that will work.

no recovery image for cwm, locked bootloader prevents anything like that from working.
You will need to flash the sbf, root, bootstrap, restore backup.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes