Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 54,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][RELEASE][OPEN-SOURCE] The Seven+ Calculator

Tip us?

tombarr
Old
(Last edited by tombarr; 1st October 2011 at 02:32 AM.) Reason: Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][RELEASE][OPEN-SOURCE] The Seven+ Calculator

Seven+ Calculator for Android

The Seven+ Calculator is now open source on GitHub!

Current version: gamma two

Now introducing the custom WP7 style status bar (and the ability to disable it)!
This Calculator is now part of the Seven+ Project.

Features include history, shake to toggle vibration when a button is pressed, accent color chooser, and much more!

Please leave suggestions below, I would love to continue to improve this app!

--

Announcing the release of the first application to be part of my Windows Phone 7 User Interface for Android: Windows Phone 7 Calculator. As such it is freely available on the Android Market. This is the first public beta, so expect bugs. Your feedback is highly valued so if you wish to suggest another application for development, inform me of bugs, etc. please do so. Below is the Market description:

--

Inspired by the beauty and simplicity of the Metro User Interface, Windows Phone 7 Calculator offers an easy to use, effective alternative to the default Android calculator application. This calculator includes all basic operations (multiplication, division, subtraction, and addition) as well as advanced operations (sine, cosine, tangent, logarithms, exponentials) and more.
In the portrait orientation basic operations are displayed; in the landscape orientation advanced operations are displayed. The memory function saves a number and the preferred trigonometric mode (degree, radian, or gradian) even after the device is rebooted.
Press the menu button to be given the option to choose the preferred accent color, which will display using the fly out animation.

--

This calculator is the simplest demonstration of my Windows Phone 7 User Interface for Android. Please head over to the donate version if you would like to support development. By donating or giving a good rating on the Market I know if I am doing a good job.

Thank you for reading,

- Tom

----------
DOWNLOAD
----------

You can download this app on the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tombarrasso.android.wp7calculator.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	1507
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	655383   Click image for larger version

Name:	device1.jpg
Views:	1198
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	655384   Click image for larger version

Name:	device2.jpg
Views:	1123
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	655385   Click image for larger version

Name:	device3.jpg
Views:	995
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	655386   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2011-07-30-205635.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	671841  

Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2011-07-30-205526.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	671842   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2011-08-12-225918.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	686911  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tombarr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Saketme
Old
(Last edited by Saketme; 16th July 2011 at 01:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Great app and the transition is nice. Few basic things which I would like to see in WP7 Calculator:

1. I like it when the phone vibrates when any button is pressed, like when I press the menu button for changing settings.

2. Also, the settings button should change its color when I touch it.

3. When I choose a new accent, please take me back to the calculator interface immediately.

4. Give it a good icon please, the current one doesn't look good. Give it a metro icon.

5. History of performed calculations? I miss it as compared to stock calculator.

Rest is wonderful!

tombarr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Cool, thanks for the suggestions.

1, 5) I will consider these. I'd prefer not to have an entire settings page just to enable/ disable vibrations. As for history, while I haven't used a Windows Phone 7 phone to verify, from what I've heard I do not believe that it a feature of the app. If so it should not be too hard to do, but I cannot figure out how the AOSP calculator stores history.

4) Where do you suggest I get a better icon? I am using the one from the Metrostation set. I am not much of a graphic designer, so making my own would only be worse.

2, 3) I just updated my UI framework to support these features, and implemented them into my calculator. In my next release I will include these.

- Tom

BenKranged
Old
Thanks Meter 55
May I suggest name it something other than "Windows Phone 7 Calculator" so microsoft doesn't send you a cease and desist letter.

tombarr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Well I've published the previous #2 and #3 updates to the Market, go ahead and check it out.

As far as a name goes, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know; I not sure what to call it. However a C&D from MS is too far fetched, worst case I change the name (are they going to say that they patented the standard layout of a calculator, or rectangles with solid colors?).

If anybody has suggestions for an icon, a name, or perhaps a way to get the project more publicity it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Tom

richiebm
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Default Good Start for a Metro like ecosystem on Android :)

Thanks for this calculator... It is well done and joins the list of my other Metro like apps ...

Since you are looking for a new name, how about naming it after a Greek alphabet... for example, 'Omega Calculator 7' or something .. This makes it sound cool..

tombarr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
I like that name, thanks for the heads up. My next release will have quite a few changes, so a new name is suitable.

- Tom

Benitho
Old
Thanks Meter 10
MetroCalculator for the new name.
Also in WP7, all the accents fly in 1-by-1 not on 1 page. Just suggesting! ^_^
ohaidere
me finks you should goto the android market
and get yourself a copy of launcher 7.
k?
k.

tombarr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for your suggestion.

I have yet to decide on another name, although I would not mind one that could also be a brand, i.e. UberMusic, UberSomething... MetroSomething is already taken.

As for fly-in one-by-one, I will look into this but the layout used for choosing the theme color is part of a library project so I would need to figure out a way to do so without interfering with the Activity lifecycle.

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,653
Oh nice! Gotta try this out.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Tags
android, application, calculator, metro ui, windows phone 7