Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to root Huawei u8650?

Tip us?

Diomorgan
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Huawuei use to "interpolate" to declare higher resolution, for example, IDEOS 8150 is 2mpx CMOS but they say is 3mpx :(
Just download a system info app and check yourself, it will tell you what camera you really got ;)

Unfortunately my U8650 was stolen and It's impossible to buy if not in a YOIGO store (the online store is just for spanish).

Maybe I can find that Turkcell on eb@y, ppl are selling U8650 on Eb@y for 150 and more from China *_*

I'm so sorry I won't be able to try more hacks on this nice phone :(

Arkaz999
Old
Thanks Meter 0
2 diomorgan- i am sorry that your phone was stolen but maybe you should buy Cerberus app It is great anti-thief app i bought it for every my android phone that i had. and i bought u8650 for 70 euro in our store. First 10 buyers has action price 70euro. and now is price 118 euro . it is retail unbranded phone. btw i am looking for any universal root because root listed here is not working for me :-/

Diomorgan
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I got "Watchdroid" on the phone, it tells me where the phone is sometime, but it's actually impossible to know since it's a small summer town and it could be everywhere :(

118 is a little pricy compared to 70 or 79 (the price I paid) :(
I'm so sorry Yoigo doesn't ship outside spain! :(

brofaris
Old
Thanks Meter 0
do know how to make custom rom for u8650???

neoiseder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So, if you are on Yoigo or Australian one and you want to de-brand+possibility of rooting with the given file, just put THIS original NO BRAND Huawei U8650 firmware on your SD in /dload/ folder (you'll see easily: the path is alresdy in the compressed file), turn off the phone, remove the battery a few seconds, than put SD and battery in the phone end turn it on with "VOL+" + "VOL-" + "ON" at the same time (yes, three buttons, but i'ts easy ;)).
He will automatically upgrade the firmware to the unbranded one (obviously this is a reset too, so you'll lost your settings) in 2-4 minutes.
Than you'll have a cool UNBRANDEND U8650 phone that you can root with the procedure told in the posts before.
Enjoy ;)

hi,guys.my u8650 is yoigo spain version,i upgrade this rom,my wifi can find some SSID,but can't get IP from router.do you meet the same problem.thanks

cienpies
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoiseder View Post
hi,guys.my u8650 is yoigo spain version,i upgrade this rom,my wifi can find some SSID,but can't get IP from router.do you meet the same problem.thanks

Same problem here. After ROM upgrade, when trying to connect to different nets, wifi icon always grey, never green... Any help?

Thank you.

esmergenc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have put the default (clean) firmware from Huawei succesfull. Thanks for it!

The next step is unlocking my Huawei U8650 from Yoigo Spain, so i can put my simcard in the phone. I have many hours searched on the web, but i couldn't find a solution.

How can i unlock the phone? Please help me..

Diomorgan
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I had to pay 12 to get the unlock code. But considering the low Yoigo price it worth the money!

esmergenc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomorgan View Post
I had to pay 12 to get the unlock code. But considering the low Yoigo price it worth the money!
Where did you do that? Are there alternatives?

Isn't it too much compared the unlock method of the ZTE Blade? Can't i put a custom firmware to unlock the phone and put the original firmware back?

Mandrake2010
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I bought 2 of Yoigo HUAWEI U8650 (Barcelona). I would like to know if i can need to unlock code or i can unlock by changing the ROM (Australian)
Can i do root this device after flash australian rom
where can I buy the code?
You have not had any problems with the Wii after the flash of arom AUS? and how did the root?
Finally, I must first unlock the code of Yoigo and then do the flash?

Best regards