Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Titanium Backup -Market Doctor

Tip us?

jonny68
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 587
Default Titanium Backup -Market Doctor

I posted this in the Galaxy S2 forums but unfortunately not many replied, im hoping someone here can be of assistance.

Quote:
Some apps i have on my phone i haven't got via the Android Market, lots ive got have been apk's ive got on XDA,etc,etc, what im wondering is, seen as i didn't get these apps from the market if i linked the selected apps to the market through the market doctor what is that supposed to do?

I have the Paddy Power app and Betfair app which were were initially on the Android market but for some bizzare reason Android market decided no betting apps were to be allowed to took them off the market so i went elsewhere and downloaded them and installed via root explorer, there are a couple of paid apps i also downloaded for free not something i usually do but whoever created these apps was taking the p*ss with the price they were charging so i refuse to pay over the odds for an app, taking all this into consideration what (if any) advantage would i have by linking these to the market and more's to the point considering i didn't get any of these particular apps from the market would the apps in question still link to the market?

jonny68
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 587
anyone.......??

consegregate
Old
Thanks Meter 295
For apps already removed from the market there's no use forcing a link.

For paid apps if it's not good enough to match its price to you,you still want to use it and want easy updates? :eek: probably why your question is unanswered..

XDA ♥

jonny68
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by consegregate View Post
For apps already removed from the market there's no use forcing a link.

For paid apps if it's not good enough to match its price to you,you still want to use it and want easy updates? :eek: probably why your question is unanswered..

XDA ♥
What about apps though that ive got on XDA and apps like Paddy Power and Betfair which were taken out of the market,can these not be linked to the market?

consegregate
Old
Thanks Meter 295
You cannot link it to market because it does not exist in the market server anymore, it's that simple.

XDA ♥

BenKranged
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Market doctor is used when apps you did get in the market don't show up. Nothing more. Link to market is really only useful is you manually unlinked an app.

Balee20
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can i backup all my messages with titanium backup and restore them on another ROM?

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more