5,604,367 Members 48,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] QW Home Automation, Now with SmartLinc 2412N and scene support

Tip us?
 
weiqj
Old
(Last edited by weiqj; 19th December 2011 at 12:40 AM.) Reason: New features
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default [APP] QW Home Automation, Now with SmartLinc 2412N and scene support

Note this a complete solution and it's completely free for individuals.

Currently supports Insteon based lighting and Venstar thermostat.

Android client is on Android market.
General Purpose Web Interface that offers almost the same user experience as the Android client.

It was a hobby project of mine and I would like to share it with anybody for free as long as it's for personal and non-commercial use.

A bit technical information:
Controller is pure C++ and compiles and runs on virtually all platforms including Windows and Linux (and tons of embedded systems).

Administrator tool is a Windows .Net application that remotely configures and manages all your devices and the controller.

Of course plus Android client, it pretty much covers all technology and I waited until everything is perfect to release.

I would say it has unlimited potential in the future. Feel free to use it and recommend it to others if you like it.

Update 12/28/2011
Now the web interface is included. HTTP long poll/server push for extremely low latency two way realtime communication. Pure javascript that runns on virtually any modern web browser.
QWHA is raising the bar of home automation technology.

Update 07/22/2011 - Now SmartLinc 2412N is supported as network PLM. Also one minor bug is fixed. Next major release will add support for timers (sunset/sunrise, periodic, daily, weekly etc), triggers and SMTP transport (sending email, SMS, works with triggers). Stay tuned!

Update 08/01/2011
Version 1.0.11.728
Added scene support
Added support for new version of thermostate with devcat of 05/0E.
Android client updated to support scenes
Improved error logging with unstable PLM communication
Insteon dimmer on-level and ramp support within scene
Replaced dependency of LibXml2 with TinyXml

http://qwhomeautomation.com



The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weiqj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
weiqj
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2007
We are now partner of smartlabs.
Still can not post links. Damn!
 
arw01
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jun 2010
which of the insteon to PC bridges do you support?
 
weiqj
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2007
Currently all PLMs. Plan to support 2412N as well.
 
Rob1968
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
I just downloaded the app and excited to try it. When setting up my web address, port, name, and password I am getting the following error:

QWRemoteSession.Receive:MsgType 0 not registered

What am I doing wrong?
 
weiqj
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1968 View Post
I just downloaded the app and excited to try it. When setting up my web address, port, name, and password I am getting the following error:

QWRemoteSession.Receive:MsgType 0 not registered

What am I doing wrong?
Rob1968, what do you mean web address? You need to download the controller server from my website:

http://qwhomeautomation.com
 
Rob1968
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by weiqj View Post
Rob1968, what do you mean web address? You need to download the controller server from my website:

http://qwhomeautomation.com
I apologize, I thought this would communicate directly with my isy99. I already have access to it via a computer and I have tried other Android apps in which I just put in my server address from dyndns with port 443 which is the port set up on my router.
 
weiqj
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1968 View Post
I apologize, I thought this would communicate directly with my isy99. I already have access to it via a computer and I have tried other Android apps in which I just put in my server address from dyndns with port 443 which is the port set up on my router.
The QW Home Automation doesn't need an ISY99. It directly talks to your PLM and provides connectivity to your android phone.
 
kizer
Old
#9  
kizer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 919
Join Date: Mar 2009
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would grab your software being the PC and the android.
Purchase a Insteon PLM

Then I could control X10 devices with my phone?

The reason I ask currently my alarm panel in my house allows me to control a few lights on the outside of my house, but sometimes when I'm outside I either have to find the switch and turn it on or go in the house and use the panel. With my phone I would be able to simply turn them on/off.
Bi-Winning V1
 
weiqj
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would grab your software being the PC and the android.
Purchase a Insteon PLM

Then I could control X10 devices with my phone?

The reason I ask currently my alarm panel in my house allows me to control a few lights on the outside of my house, but sometimes when I'm outside I either have to find the switch and turn it on or go in the house and use the panel. With my phone I would be able to simply turn them on/off.
Currently it only works with Insteon devices. PLM can control X10 but I need to test it and I'm still waiting for the shipment of the X10 device to start testing.

I'm sure it won't take too long to add and test the X10 support. You can check back my website for future release with X10 support.

Tags
home automation, insteon
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...