Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Tip us?

championc
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchRokcs View Post
Awesome new update this makes my phone 1000 times better now that I don't have to use WinMo6.5.x. However there is an issue with the battery, I have the HTC Tilt2 for ATT it's about a year and a half old and with XDAndroid the battery gets eaten up in less than 12 hours on standby. I know the green light means the phone is properly sleeping and orange means something is running but I can never get the phone to properly sleep. I have Advanced Task Killer for Android and I use it to kill apps that I was running but no matter what I kill it wont ever properly go to sleep.

Are there any tips or tricks to get the phone to "sleep" properly so it doesn't eat my battery down to nothing?
Try disabling GPS when you don't need it. Settings > Location & Security > Untick Use GPS Satellites

GoodRevrnd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Awesome new update this makes my phone 1000 times better now that I don't have to use WinMo6.5.x. However there is an issue with the battery, I have the HTC Tilt2 for ATT it's about a year and a half old and with XDAndroid the battery gets eaten up in less than 12 hours on standby. I know the green light means the phone is properly sleeping and orange means something is running but I can never get the phone to properly sleep. I have Advanced Task Killer for Android and I use it to kill apps that I was running but no matter what I kill it wont ever properly go to sleep.

Are there any tips or tricks to get the phone to "sleep" properly so it doesn't eat my battery down to nothing?
Ya this thing is definitely a battery burner. That said, our devices are up to two years old now and before I switched I could already tell my battery just can't hold a charge like it used to.

StitchRokcs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys for the tips, yeah I figured the battery was just getting old (it only needs to hold out for 4 more months!!), I did disable the GPS just now lets see if that helps any.

EDIT: Wow the light actually went green without me having to do a fresh restart. Maybe this GPS thing really worked.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks guys for the tips, yeah I figured the battery was just getting old (it only needs to hold out for 4 more months!!), I did disable the GPS just now lets see if that helps any.

EDIT: Wow the light actually went green without me having to do a fresh restart. Maybe this GPS thing really worked.
lol, the GPS bug is no lie.

One of the developers (emwe) fixed that bug in GB, hoping he can port it back to FroYo...

Although with that bug (along with GPS in general) fixed in GB, that'll be a very usable build. Can't wait for that release .
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bogdan_wrc
Old
(Last edited by bogdan_wrc; 2nd August 2011 at 11:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
works fine this bundle. good job.

odzk
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Does HTC G1 have almost the same hardware specs as the HTC touch pro2? I believe TP2 has even more memory than the G1, but how come my friends G1 works faster and smoother than my HTC touch pro2, even if I already OC it. Any thoughts? Thanks.

fortunz
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by odzk View Post
Does HTC G1 have almost the same hardware specs as the HTC touch pro2? I believe TP2 has even more memory than the G1, but how come my friends G1 works faster and smoother than my HTC touch pro2, even if I already OC it. Any thoughts? Thanks.
We're running hacks-in-progress off an sd card, they're running finished professionally tailored wares, possibly with some proprietary drivers off nand. Even if they run mods, it's easier to hack from a finished android product than it is to hack away from winmo.
The Following User Says Thank You to fortunz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by odzk View Post
Pretty much what fortunz said. I wouldn't ever expect our devices to be on-par with native ones, but perhaps one day.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paulsperch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default BT looping on and off

After turning on BT on my phone it loops on and off. It comes on, scans and detect devices, turns off, and then turns itself on and starts over. I tried reading through all 51 pages of this thread (and searching elsewhere) but I have not found a resolution to this issue. Every one that I see posting about this issue seems to have resolved it by making sure BT is off in Windows before loading Android. I have turned on Airplane mode in Windows and rebooted into Windows before trying to load Android but I still have the issue. I am sure I am likely just doing something wrong ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached my logs in case it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tilt2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (48.9 KB, 22 views)

arrrghhh
Old
(Last edited by arrrghhh; 2nd August 2011 at 07:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsperch View Post
After turning on BT on my phone it loops on and off. It comes on, scans and detect devices, turns off, and then turns itself on and starts over. I tried reading through all 51 pages of this thread (and searching elsewhere) but I have not found a resolution to this issue. Every one that I see posting about this issue seems to have resolved it by making sure BT is off in Windows before loading Android. I have turned on Airplane mode in Windows and rebooted into Windows before trying to load Android but I still have the issue. I am sure I am likely just doing something wrong ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached my logs in case it helps.
Everyone that has had this issue has resolved it by having BT off.

You said you were in airplane mode in WinMo, did a soft reset, boot back to WinMo (still in airplane mode) and then boot Android and you still have issues with BT?

I don't know how concerned you should be with BT at this stage, it's not really useful for headsets yet.

Edit - did you have Pandora running? I've heard that wreaks havoc on BT for some reason..

Seems you were -
Code:
I/ActivityManager( 1344): Start proc com.pandora.android for broadcast com.pandora.android/.api.bluetooth.AutoStartReceiver: pid=2097 uid=10057 gids={3003, 3002, 3001}

Tags
htc touch pro2, xdandroid