Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Openzio reveiw 2.2.1

Tip us?

yungvilleprod
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation Openzio reveiw 2.2.1

I would like to first start by saying that for this to be a first build it is astronomical ive had some cyanmod builds back when i had my mytouch and hero that wasnt as great but with that said i must give some constructive criticism the audio kernel needs some work, and vtl fc's alot the battery life omg the battery life i did do the bat. stat reset trick and it helped a little bit also i exp. black and gray bars sometimes when i would wake the phone i absoultly love the build and much kudos to all the programmers i know that feed back helps so if yall need a season tester let me know i gotcha

pomeroythomas
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
I'm sure they appreciate your honesty, but I... can't really make out 25% of that post.

Sent from my Zio using XDA App

jchapel
Old
Thanks Meter 3
This is the first time I've ever heard of these issues with the openZio rom.

My audio is at least as good as stock. VTL never force closes.
No Grey & black bars.
The battery life is greatly improved with the setcpu profiles.

Did you follow the openZio rom instructions carefully and in sequence after the first boot?

Sent from my Zio using XDA Premium App
Cricket Kyocera Zio M6000
Rooted Android 2.2.1
OpenZio v2.1.2 ROM
Adrynalyne's Kernel @ 748Mhz

kkfelix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I did them all to a T! I got poor audio, wifi goes in and out and everything takes forever to load no matter what it is!

Sent from my Zio using XDA Premium App
Sanyo Zio Open Zio 2.1.2
VTL Launcher ICS 4.0
Huawie Ascend CM7.3
ADW Launcher

Spz0
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
Looks like you guys are the proverbial needles in the haystack.
If factory reset and reflashing doesnt do it for you, just go back to stock.

Some things to note:
CALIBRATE YOUR BATTERY.
Make sure your ROOTED (or setcpu and autokiller profiles wont work)
Use SetCPU!!
If you are using TIBackup to restore apps, DO NOT RESTORE DATA!!! ONLY APP!! And never,, NEVER SYSTEM DATA!!!! (only after you have backed up WITH an OpenZio ROM can you restore app data and system data)

The audio issues they are referring to (Im sure) is the monotone bug (plug in a headset and it plays monotone). To fix this, unplug the headphone with music going, wait 3 sec. and plug it back in.
Lets be clear, This is NOT an OpenZio Bug. It is a Zio build bug related to the stock kernel!!

The battery issues? Come on guys, theres a cheap little 1100mAh battery in these things.... The battery life just stinks to begin with. If you calibrate your battery PROPERLY, and use setCPU, it counterbalances the CPU overclock. Make sure your 3g data signal strength is good, because these phones eat up the battery on weak 3g signals (if you are in a weak area, turn off auto-sync to help in saving battery life.)
.......OpenAndroid Devices.......
...Kyocera M6000(zio)
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC
...Pandigital Planet
OpenPDP ROM-2.2.1
OpenPDP ROM-2.3.4
...Samsung ?SCH-R720 (Vitality)
OpenAndroid ROM 2.3 w/Spz0's OC Kernel
...Moto Droid X
VXL-OpenAndroid 2.1.2
Lots moar..

>Donate<

Fauxfire27
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default OpenZio...

hey guys,

totally new to posting on XDA, but i have been reading a lot about the OpenZio platform. i like 90% of what i have read ( the other 10% I'm sure is just noobs like me not paying attention the the directions ) anyways, i have a few questions that i cant seem to glean answers for out of the forums,

what version of android is OpenZio built on? ( i Just upgraded to FroYo and i kinda like the features i have with it, mainly App 2 SD, and i dont want to lose that feature )

do i need to install the android SDK? ( it seems unclear weather or not i need the SDK installed in order to install the ROM. )

how the heck do you get ClockWorkMod to work on the Zio? ( since hearing about OpenZio i have been trying to figure out how to install it on my Cricket Zio but everywhere i turn seems to say that the CWM wont work on it. )

It may be my noob-ness showing but i really hate the fact that i know nothing about flashing roms. i am a quick learner and i would love to learn more about this. ( truthfully i cant stand the stock Cricket Android ROM on my phone )

And i would love to get rid of the Bloatware that they've put into it... oh and the status bar could do with a makeover too. i've seen so many android phones that have better looking icons and status bar colors that when i look at my zio i :'(
and there doesn't seem to be anything in the market that can change the status bar. :P

thank you for reading this

Spz0
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
Dear Fauxfire27;
Sincerely: XDA Search Results
...Kyocera M6000(zio)
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC
...Pandigital Planet
OpenPDP ROM-2.2.1
OpenPDP ROM-2.3.4
...Moto Droid X
VXL-OpenAndroid 2.1.2
Lots moar..

>Donate<
The Following User Says Thank You to Spz0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fauxfire27
Old
Thanks Meter 1
thankx spz0 i bow to your excellence and i have one more question.

what do you recommend i use to backup my zio. ( just in case i screw the whole thing up. :P )

Spz0
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
Create a backup using CWM
...Kyocera M6000(zio)
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC
...Pandigital Planet
OpenPDP ROM-2.2.1
OpenPDP ROM-2.3.4
...Moto Droid X
VXL-OpenAndroid 2.1.2
Lots moar..

>Donate<
The Following User Says Thank You to Spz0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fauxfire27
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ok thanks again ))) this just backs up the rom to the sd card right? and if it does i can copy it over to my computer and save it there right?